Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ene

Good Convection Ovens To Recommend?

Hi there,

Due to our very limited kitchen space, I am intending to get a convection oven that can do almost everthing - bake, grill, microwave, etc. I saw a Panasonic NN-C784MFYPQ which seems quite capable and reasonably priced (about $370).

NN-C784MF_wi.jpg

Any good recommendations or comments?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

This is ideal for those who do not want to have built in oven if they are not going to use one for long term purpose, ie; baking. Furthermore those who want to use oven for baking, it is better to go for built in oven partly 'cos built in oven can bake at least 2 batches at a go than having to bake 1 batch at a time in between intervals. Quite time consuming. Do note that this is not an convectional oven. Its a microwave oven with convectional function only

However, if need for practical use than baking, then microwaving, grilling and etc is good since it means you will use the oven more for cooking and etc.

Im using this type of inverter oven and so far I do not have any problems using it. Just that my only complaint is that i need to bake cupcakes (1 batch) at a time at intervals since I am currently learning to bake.

Edited by BunBun

I'm also looking for a convectional oven. Just saw a sharp model R888F costing abt $429. It stated that it can be used for grilling,baking and microwave function. I'm planning to do some light baking so dun feel the need to get a built-in oven. Can anyone help mi to verify whether is the model that i mention above a convection oven? Thanks!

Usually convectional oven does not have microwave function as convectional oven does not require microwave waves or radio waves to heat food actually.

Believe the model, Sharp R888F mentioned is a microwave oven with convectional function actually. This can be googled online for more reference.

I am also considering this model. Another one worth lookin at is samsung CE1071A

The sharp microwave/convection oven looks ugly especially the back..

May i know for baking fries.. or making crispy food is this "oven" good enough?

Usually convectional oven does not have microwave function as convectional oven does not require microwave waves or radio waves to heat food actually.

The Panasonic model I posted above has microwave function as well which is why I'm considering it. For my purpose, I'd probably be a lot of microwaving and the occasisonal baking/grilling. This model does not have a steaming function but I don't need it.

FYI, those considering, can go to Goh Ah Bee @ Hougang St 21. They're selling it for $370 which is a very good deal. I've already done a lot of market survey :dancingqueen:

Hi all, if anyone is interested, I have a sharp microwave/convection oven to let go at $180/- (no warranty but used less than 10x as I have ano. oven). The model is R888C (Grey). The back of the oven is not flat but it's a good buy at this price :) I've posted sale under the Garage sale forum. Anyone interested can sms me at 97802303.

ene, i was referring to those fan forced oven ie; convection oven...cos those ovens don't have microwave function and I believe that was the question that icegal is asking about this sharp model.

Not the convectional ovens cos those are the ones that come with microwave function, paiseh.

The Panasonic model I posted above has microwave function as well which is why I'm considering it. For my purpose, I'd probably be a lot of microwaving and the occasisonal baking/grilling. This model does not have a steaming function but I don't need it.

FYI, those considering, can go to Goh Ah Bee @ Hougang St 21. They're selling it for $370 which is a very good deal. I've already done a lot of market survey :dancingqueen:

I'm looking at this Bosch Oven. Any comments? Will be buying a Microwave Oven separately :)

MCSA030169_HBN331E2_def.jpg

HBN331E2J

Product features

• Stainless steel colour with bar handle

• Multi-functional oven with

6 heating methods:

- Conventional top and bottom heat

- Bottom heat only

- 3D hot air

- Hot air grilling

- Variable grilling for large surface

- Rapid heat-up (Manual)

• Hot air heating-up duration: 8.3 mins

• Maximum oven temperature 270°C

at normal mode

• Electronic clock with timer

• Rotary knobs

• Double glass door

• Cooling fan

• 4 shelves position

• Childproof lock

• Removable door for easy cleaning

• 1 pc circular oven lighting on top at 25W

• Supplied accessories:

1 universal pan, 1 split grill tray

Technical information

• Cavity volume: 52 litres

• Total connected load: 2.9kW

• 220-240V/50-60Hz/13 Amp

• Cable length: 1 m

Appliance dimensions: 595H x 595W x 548D mm

Cavity dimensions: 323H x 382W x 423D mm

Built-in dimensions: 575-597H x 560W x 550D mm

slightly off topic...

are you guys worried about the "effect" from cooking via microwave? i spend quite sometime searching on the effect of cooking via microwave..

you know once you buy a microwave, u will be using it frequently because cooking is so god **** easy and fast...

slightly off topic...

are you guys worried about the "effect" from cooking via microwave? i spend quite sometime searching on the effect of cooking via microwave..

you know once you buy a microwave, u will be using it frequently because cooking is so god **** easy and fast...

Yes, I know where you are coming from. I used to think about it before but now, I just use it. :D I just make sure I don't stand too close by when it's heating up food.

I'm looking at this Bosch Oven. Any comments? Will be buying a Microwave Oven separately :)

MCSA030169_HBN331E2_def.jpg

HBN331E2J

Product features

• Stainless steel colour with bar handle

• Multi-functional oven with

6 heating methods:

- Conventional top and bottom heat

- Bottom heat only

- 3D hot air

- Hot air grilling

- Variable grilling for large surface

- Rapid heat-up (Manual)

• Hot air heating-up duration: 8.3 mins

• Maximum oven temperature 270°C

at normal mode

• Electronic clock with timer

• Rotary knobs

• Double glass door

• Cooling fan

• 4 shelves position

• Childproof lock

• Removable door for easy cleaning

• 1 pc circular oven lighting on top at 25W

• Supplied accessories:

1 universal pan, 1 split grill tray

Technical information

• Cavity volume: 52 litres

• Total connected load: 2.9kW

• 220-240V/50-60Hz/13 Amp

• Cable length: 1 m

Appliance dimensions: 595H x 595W x 548D mm

Cavity dimensions: 323H x 382W x 423D mm

Built-in dimensions: 575-597H x 560W x 550D mm

Looks cool. Do u hv the price?

Yes, I know where you are coming from. I used to think about it before but now, I just use it. :D I just make sure I don't stand too close by when it's heating up food.

But I thought I seen it somewhere that mircowave technology actually involve breaking up some cells (?) within the food to cook it fast. So the food which you consume at the end of the day may not be healthy.

I would suggest to get a convection oven (baking/grilling) plus a steamer/steam oven (reheat/steaming).