Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mi lOr

Our Small Small But High High Nest @ Toa Payoh

SOrry to butt in, but actually for Blk 79 TPY, all the sewage pipes are already boxed up by HDB, pretty cool but must take care not to be home for the 4-legged friends. The only pipe that is visible is the drainage pipe in the kitchen, which will likely be covered up by the kitchen cabinet :)

Oh really???? I am green with envious. How did they box-up? Got picture to share? :sport-smiley-018:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I think a number of the blk 79 TPY forummers have posted before, can't find now though...anyway, will try and get some photos for you. FYI, Blk 79's pipes are all along the ceiling on one side, so its quite neat and tidy :good:

Oh really???? I am green with envious. How did they box-up? Got picture to share? :sport-smiley-018:

I think a number of the blk 79 TPY forummers have posted before, can't find now though...anyway, will try and get some photos for you. FYI, Blk 79's pipes are all along the ceiling on one side, so its quite neat and tidy :good:

wow...you so lucky. anyway, we almost got blk79 too. our ballot number was 48 and by the time it was our turn...NO MORE HIGHFLOOR! and we din want the one at the last block...think it's E. above coffeeshop...we dun like. hehehe

wow...you so lucky. anyway, we almost got blk79 too. our ballot number was 48 and by the time it was our turn...NO MORE HIGHFLOOR! and we din want the one at the last block...think it's E. above coffeeshop...we dun like. hehehe

your ballot number is from the feb balloting? i got number 55 and there are still quite a few high units left after me. why didn't you choose them?

for the box-up of pipes you can refer to my earlier pics of my toilet and kitchen...

Ya, my no. is even bigger at 349, i think, **** anxious wait...but 3rd floor is good enough :)

mi lor, going to consider changing the box's grills to acrylic pieces? One of the neighbours did it, quite nice..can keep away pests from outside especially if you have aircon trunking.

your ballot number is from the feb balloting? i got number 55 and there are still quite a few high units left after me. why didn't you choose them?

for the box-up of pipes you can refer to my earlier pics of my toilet and kitchen...

Oh my bf just corrected me too. The only top floors one left during our turn were the smaller unit ones. Like 75sqm...if I am not wrong. And also the ones near the coffeeshop ones. Me also quite blur la. What block are you again huh?

Oh my bf just corrected me too. The only top floors one left during our turn were the smaller unit ones. Like 75sqm...if I am not wrong. And also the ones near the coffeeshop ones. Me also quite blur la. What block are you again huh?

Oh, just saw your info. You are at block A. The one you have must be the 75sqm one right?

Ya, my no. is even bigger at 349, i think, **** anxious wait...but 3rd floor is good enough :)

mi lor, going to consider changing the box's grills to acrylic pieces? One of the neighbours did it, quite nice..can keep away pests from outside especially if you have aircon trunking.

u mean the ones in the toilet? hmm.. i guess i'll stick with them first..

hmmm.. i almost gave up also after knowing that the 90m2 are no longer available.. but we still decide to get them as the height and location is simply too difficult to resist :thumbs up:

finally the completed home.. :wub:

masterbedroom3.jpg

master bedroom

masterbedroom4.jpg

dresser table

mastertoilet.jpg

master toilet

purplebedroom.jpg

wife's fav room

greenbedroom.jpg

my fav room

kitchen.jpg

kitchen

commontoilet.jpg

common toilet

foyer3.jpg

foyer

foyer2.jpg

foyer

livingroom1.jpg

living room

livingroom2.jpg

living room

livingroom3.jpg

living room

thats all folks! :seeya:

[Hey hi, nice bedroom. Cosy with the string curtain. A couple of question if you dun mind bro :P

1. Your dinning mirror is half across only? Nothing on top and below right?

2. How much and where you bought your coffee table & dinning chair huh?

3. How much is your total damage to the house reno? Lost touched a bit :P

4. What did you do for your bomb shelter & how much huh? We are still exploring our options for the bomb shelter.

On a overall, GREAT JOB!!!! It's so nice and cosy. I am still so green with envious of your concealed piping in the toilets :(

[Hey hi, nice bedroom. Cosy with the string curtain. A couple of question if you dun mind bro :P

1. Your dinning mirror is half across only? Nothing on top and below right?

2. How much and where you bought your coffee table & dinning chair huh?

3. How much is your total damage to the house reno? Lost touched a bit :P

4. What did you do for your bomb shelter & how much huh? We are still exploring our options for the bomb shelter.

On a overall, GREAT JOB!!!! It's so nice and cosy. I am still so green with envious of your concealed piping in the toilets :(

thanks for your compliments~ btw the string curtain is there for fengshui purpose to act as a barrier from facing the bed to the door.

1. yup. half mirror only. top portion reserved for glass shelves for putting up photos.

2. can't really remember how much i bought them but they are from s&c at amk. be warned that you cannot see and feel them at the shop as we ordered from catalogue. design is ok but the quality is so-so only.

3. total cost is 16k excluding furniture, electrical, lights, accessories, etc. 16k plainly goes to the pocket of the renovation contractor. design excluded as well as they simply follow what we want. :paint:

4. bomb shelter we do shoe rack throughout. abit wasted as me and wifey don't have many shoes to begin with. excess space being used to keep the misc stuffs. cost is about 1.3k. if you also dun have many shoes then why not make some shelves for putting up those lovely dovely pics or decos or collectors absolut vokkas?

boxing up the piping will certainly make the kitchen/toilets look neater but its additional cost which can actually be used in other areas, unless cost is not an issue for you. another way to look at it is to try to place cabinets, etc at those places where piping are so you can sacrifice abit of storage space and yet achieve the comestic purposes.

Hi, thanks for your detailed reply. It's certainly useful for us to invaluate our work too. Cannot really imagine your bomb shelter cum shoe cabinet concept leh. Would be wonderful to see more pictures of it...if you have time to take and post. No obligations of course.

On your reno cost, 16K including floorings is not that bad actually. Me and my bf also 'designing' the place ourself but may use an ID just to supervise the work. Preliminary quote is approximately 20-25K liao...excluding the eletrical points, lightings, etc. Sigh...such easy money for them to make :(

Hi, thanks for your detailed reply. It's certainly useful for us to invaluate our work too. Cannot really imagine your bomb shelter cum shoe cabinet concept leh. Would be wonderful to see more pictures of it...if you have time to take and post. No obligations of course.

On your reno cost, 16K including floorings is not that bad actually. Me and my bf also 'designing' the place ourself but may use an ID just to supervise the work. Preliminary quote is approximately 20-25K liao...excluding the eletrical points, lightings, etc. Sigh...such easy money for them to make :(

for the bomb shelter interior its still being used as a storeroom. its only the exterior of it we did the shoe rack to cover the door. sorry if my description earlier is misleading :bleah:

i also received quotes up to 23k for the same/lesser work. if you want to save cost, my only suggestion is to put in more time and effort to check out the various ID/contractors around giving them the same specifications throughout for a fair comparison. fyi i got about 10 quotes in all before signing on the dotted line. no choice.. i've limited budget so every cent counts.

also if you want to save $$, minimise the work as much as possible esp the carpentry. forgoing a feature wall will probably save you about $1k+ each, giving up on a wall partition will save you another hundreds, and the list goes on. at the end of the day, remember that renovation adds no significant value to your home when you want to sell it, and you can't take remove them as and when you like it. so just spend on what you need and whats necessary. :yamseng:

for the bomb shelter interior its still being used as a storeroom. its only the exterior of it we did the shoe rack to cover the door. sorry if my description earlier is misleading :bleah:

i also received quotes up to 23k for the same/lesser work. if you want to save cost, my only suggestion is to put in more time and effort to check out the various ID/contractors around giving them the same specifications throughout for a fair comparison. fyi i got about 10 quotes in all before signing on the dotted line. no choice.. i've limited budget so every cent counts.

also if you want to save $$, minimise the work as much as possible esp the carpentry. forgoing a feature wall will probably save you about $1k+ each, giving up on a wall partition will save you another hundreds, and the list goes on. at the end of the day, remember that renovation adds no significant value to your home when you want to sell it, and you can't take remove them as and when you like it. so just spend on what you need and whats necessary. :yamseng:

yeah...you have a point too. Thanks bro... :yamseng:

hihi

did you use ID or contractor?

can u tell me who u used? i am on a tight budget too!

thanks in advance