Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
cookcpu

Boundary Wall Share By Neighbour

Hi, I have an enquiry here regarding rear shared boundary with a global school. 

Referring to the pic, we have a shared slab of concrete, the boundary line is on the slab. My side is marked A. There's a drain just beyond the fence on side B. 

I want to erect a wall where the canvas is with a sloping shelter to direct rainwater... 

1. Can my shelter cross the boundary line? And I erect my wall up to the boundary line? 

2. Can I do rectification works on the concrete slab? I'm thinking of adding an incline on the slab to direct water flow to the drain. 

Thanks. 

IMG_20230219_114432.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
5 hours ago, hermes76 said:

Hi, I have an enquiry here regarding rear shared boundary with a global school. 

Referring to the pic, we have a shared slab of concrete, the boundary line is on the slab. My side is marked A. There's a drain just beyond the fence on side B. 

I want to erect a wall where the canvas is with a sloping shelter to direct rainwater... 

1. Can my shelter cross the boundary line? And I erect my wall up to the boundary line? 

2. Can I do rectification works on the concrete slab? I'm thinking of adding an incline on the slab to direct water flow to the drain. 

Thanks. 

IMG_20230219_114432.jpg

Since this is the boundary wall, your shelter should be set back at least 1m away from the boundary line. You CANNOT have your shelter protruding over your wall due to this set back requirement. 

you cannot built over your boundary line as well since it is considered encroachment. If the government does a site survey in future, you will be asked to remove any encroachments and make good at your own cost as well  

you can get your builder to add cement to create a slope on your side of the boundary line to help redirect the rain water. 

btw, your place is somewhere in the east?

Edited by snoozee

23 hours ago, snoozee said:

Since this is the boundary wall, your shelter should be set back at least 1m away from the boundary line. You CANNOT have your shelter protruding over your wall due to this set back requirement. 

you cannot built over your boundary line as well since it is considered encroachment. If the government does a site survey in future, you will be asked to remove any encroachments and make good at your own cost as well  

you can get your builder to add cement to create a slope on your side of the boundary line to help redirect the rain water. 

btw, your place is somewhere in the east?

Thanks @snoozee

So I can extend my wall at the boundary line, BUT the shelter has to setback 1m from that wall. 

Yes, I'm the place in the east. 

15 hours ago, hermes76 said:

Thanks @snoozee

So I can extend my wall at the boundary line, BUT the shelter has to setback 1m from that wall. 

Yes, I'm the place in the east. 

technically your wall can be built all the way to the boundary line. but your builder may set back by about 5cm from the boundary line just in case of construction errors so that the post construction survey will still show the wall within your boundary instead of over.

the shelter roof edge must be at least 1m away from the boundary line. if your wall is set back 50cm from the boundary line, your shelter must still be 1m away from the boundary line meaning the gap between the edge of your shelter and the outside edge of the wall is just 50cm as opposed to 1m. the guideline reference is the boundary line and not where your wall is.

i guess i know where your house is 😁

1 hour ago, snoozee said:

technically your wall can be built all the way to the boundary line. but your builder may set back by about 5cm from the boundary line just in case of construction errors so that the post construction survey will still show the wall within your boundary instead of over.

the shelter roof edge must be at least 1m away from the boundary line. if your wall is set back 50cm from the boundary line, your shelter must still be 1m away from the boundary line meaning the gap between the edge of your shelter and the outside edge of the wall is just 50cm as opposed to 1m. the guideline reference is the boundary line and not where your wall is.

i guess i know where your house is 😁

Thanks much for the knowledge share... I suppose u in the building industry? And have projects near my area? Any comments on my house? 

2 hours ago, hermes76 said:

Thanks much for the knowledge share... I suppose u in the building industry? And have projects near my area? Any comments on my house? 

not in the construction industry. gained the knowledge when going through the process of my own house rebuilt.

If the location is correct, then I had gone to that area several times so a bit familiar with the surroundings. Haven't seen your house yet so can't comment on it.