Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Prettibride

My White House ~ Part 2

hi Prettibride

i dun have tong shu but my wall-hung DHL calendar comes wif these 忌 and 宜 things to do everyday. 31st aug is not suitable for dong-tu. 1st sept is gd. i use it for my own dong-tu as well.

*jus for ur ref if u dun mind it not comin from an actual tong-shu. :)

thanks apa...thats all i need. me n hubby not the super superstitious kind..but jus wanna avoid the super bad dates...hehe...so i shall start on 1st Sep then!

just got the final quote from ID due to the many amendments...almost fainted when i see the price..exceeds our budget by a lot. now i dunno if i shld eat grass for the next few mths to have a beautiful house or wat..only pray that ID can give a fat discount for us or throw in more freebies ba.

btw, anyone here that gets a flat discount from your ID on top of freebies? Eg. 1-5% off the total price? my ID say cos he giving me a % discount...so can't afford to give anymore freebies...not sure if thats true..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
thanks apa...thats all i need. me n hubby not the super superstitious kind..but jus wanna avoid the super bad dates...hehe...so i shall start on 1st Sep then!

just got the final quote from ID due to the many amendments...almost fainted when i see the price..exceeds our budget by a lot. now i dunno if i shld eat grass for the next few mths to have a beautiful house or wat..only pray that ID can give a fat discount for us or throw in more freebies ba.

btw, anyone here that gets a flat discount from your ID on top of freebies? Eg. 1-5% off the total price? my ID say cos he giving me a % discount...so can't afford to give anymore freebies...not sure if thats true..

my ID is giving me neither a flat discount nor any freebies :furious:

neverthless, i'm still gonna sign with him cos i find that there's this chemistry btw us. so hopefully able to come up with something nice :dunno:

Hi Pretty

can advise if you got discount from PJ for your sink?

also wat brand is this?

looks familiar cos i saw this for Franke and Roz brands

Hi, i am not too sure what brand this is..tink its a no-brand. PJ is well known for selling look-alike designer stuff. Anyway, as long as it serves the purpose, I am more than happy. The price PJ quote are usually quite good so no discount is needed...but i did get a overall discount after buying a few items.

I saw this original Franke sink in other shops too..cost $300+. Sim Siang Choon also have similar sinks for $300 - $400+. I got mine for only $280.

my ID is giving me neither a flat discount nor any freebies :furious:

neverthless, i'm still gonna sign with him cos i find that there's this chemistry btw us. so hopefully able to come up with something nice :dunno:

your ID must have done a really good job in gaining your trust. i hope things turn out well for you too...remember to share pics here. My ID just told me he can't offer anymore reduction...so i guess its either i dump in more cash..or else will just hv to sacrifice some stuff...sighx~ :(

My selected tiles

Balcony floor & common toilet

DSC06280.jpg

MBR toilet tiles ~ sadly my ID said the floor tiles cannot be used cos its too big..have to reselect a smaller tile in order to have good gradient..but me and hubby really liked this floor tile..sighx..

DSC06278.jpg

Homo. floor tile...can't afford the super white tiles @ $9 - $10psf..this is the closer we can get to white..anyone here has seen whiter homo. tiles? Pls let me know...much appreciated!!

DSC06276.jpg

Thinking of getting this tap for our MBR..but need to check if the sink can fit first. Headache :bangwall:

DSC06268.jpg

Bought this F&P dishwasher from a fellow forummer...thanks for the great deal~ finally i get to enjoy my cooking without the washing!! Can't wait to get this installed and start using it.

DD605SS_mug_md.jpg

I am so excited cos we're shifting out this weekend~ one step closer to our reno..yippeeeee :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by Prettibride

Homo. floor tile...can't afford the super white tiles @ $9 - $10psf..this is the closer we can get to white..anyone here has seen whiter homo. tiles? Pls let me know...much appreciated!!

DSC06276.jpg

The $9-10 white tile is the italian one at SBH? I saw that too. I went ard getting white non-glossy homo tiles samples from most suppliers few months back for my place. The whitest one I could find was at Taugres (Balestier along same stretch as Hafary). However, during installation, the tiler said that the tiles i chosed had quite a lot of warping and that is not a defect so supplier usually will not change. So in the end tiler tried his best to align and I have very slight misalignment at certain areas, which I can accept.

The second best white tile I got was from Builder's Shop at Changi (near $4 psf). So do ask the supplier about any warping problems with the tiles before you commit, seems that white homo tiles have more of such problems.

If you want glossy white tiles, think those new range of 'glass' tiles have the very white one but it has some specks in it (look like stone flooring). Anyway happy tile shopping, hope that you'll find what you like.

The $9-10 white tile is the italian one at SBH? I saw that too. I went ard getting white non-glossy homo tiles samples from most suppliers few months back for my place. The whitest one I could find was at Taugres (Balestier along same stretch as Hafary). However, during installation, the tiler said that the tiles i chosed had quite a lot of warping and that is not a defect so supplier usually will not change. So in the end tiler tried his best to align and I have very slight misalignment at certain areas, which I can accept.

The second best white tile I got was from Builder's Shop at Changi (near $4 psf). So do ask the supplier about any warping problems with the tiles before you commit, seems that white homo tiles have more of such problems.

If you want glossy white tiles, think those new range of 'glass' tiles have the very white one but it has some specks in it (look like stone flooring). Anyway happy tile shopping, hope that you'll find what you like.

I saw the glass tiles too..realli nice~ but they range between $9-$10psf..no way i can afford that. You have any pic of your white tiles? I thought warping only happens to 800x800 tiles..din know small tiles will warp too. I'll look around a bit more...if really can't find any, will just stick to my 1st choice.

While researching for my kitchen design..i found some really nice kitchens online. Will share with you guys, hopefully its useful when you design your dream kitchen too.

54814.png

36897.jpg

40272.jpg

These are more towards the loft concept kind of kitchen. Quite ideal for city dwellers like us who usually just fix up quick meals...

wow,...so fast!

this wkends shifting out!

update us on your reno....keke :)

Thanks Jessie...were u the one that sms me on the blinds? If you are..hope that the blinds fit your place..then we'll get to meet each other. keke...

How's the progress on your EM?

Edited by Prettibride

While researching for my kitchen design..i found some really nice kitchens online. Will share with you guys, hopefully its useful when you design your dream kitchen too.

54814.png

36897.jpg

40272.jpg

These are more towards the loft concept kind of kitchen. Quite ideal for city dwellers like us who usually just fix up quick meals...

Thanks Jessie...were u the one that sms me on the blinds? If you are..hope that the blinds fit your place..then we'll get to meet each other. keke...

How's the progress on your EM?

BINGO!!!

that's me.....keke :)

cos i intend to install a PVC blind in kitchen......hv to go and measure. :)

I saw the glass tiles too..realli nice~ but they range between $9-$10psf..no way i can afford that. You have any pic of your white tiles? I thought warping only happens to 800x800 tiles..din know small tiles will warp too. I'll look around a bit more...if really can't find any, will just stick to my 1st choice.

Hint: You had just ask about the white tiles in the blog that my HB is maintaining.

Actually the warping cannot be seen until you shine strong light at an angle then the slight uneveness will cast a slight shadow at the grout. If you purposely go feel the area of uneveness can also feel a bit up down but when you walk over cannot really feel.

Go ask for the white tile sample at builder's shop, it's much whiter than HF or SBH. I didn't choose them in the end because I wanted the whitest one.

Hint: You had just ask about the white tiles in the blog that my HB is maintaining.

Actually the warping cannot be seen until you shine strong light at an angle then the slight uneveness will cast a slight shadow at the grout. If you purposely go feel the area of uneveness can also feel a bit up down but when you walk over cannot really feel.

Go ask for the white tile sample at builder's shop, it's much whiter than HF or SBH. I didn't choose them in the end because I wanted the whitest one.

hehe..so coincidence..your house looks great! may i know where is your tile from and which model? I just asked my ID to lookout for whiter homo tiles for me..cos the one we selected is from HF is really not acceptable...appreciate it..thanks!

Edited by Prettibride