Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Prettibride

My White House ~ Part 2

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We have already shifted back to our house but still in the midst of unpacking so no pics to share yet..but jus thought i'll post some pics which i've left out last time..

View into the kitchen

DSC07510.jpg

Toilet light

DSC07496.jpg

My fav pink wall

DSC07541.jpg

Cozy bar counter area

DSC07538.jpg

Designer switches~

DSC07513-1.jpg

Kitchen cabinet complete

DSC07514.jpg

Kitchen sink

DSC07520.jpg

Wardrobe (Interior)

DSC07448.jpg

Wardrobe (Exterior)

DSC07500.jpg

Wow! The cabinets look good and in white :) very sleek and clean, and also the glass in the stairs :good:

More pics pls! We have the same sink ;)

Overall this has been a happy reno experience for us as compared to our first experience. Perhaps because we already know what to expect and what to lookout for. We did met with some obstacles such as lousy contractors (Mei XXX & Pang XXXX), but am glad that we managed to get the things we want done with better contractors. Guess this is a blessing in disguise...our ID has been really nice and accommodating in resolving issues, defects...hiccups is bound to happen in every reno but we managed to resolve it smoothly.

Now that our reno is completed, i guess its fine for me to reveal my ID's name ...(din wish to reveal in the beginning in case things turn nasty or bad..haha)...HC Interior - Kelvin aka Mr. Toon. Just like his name, he is quite a cartoon guy...hahaa...he gave us his contractor contact for windows and gates when we got pissed off by stupid Pang XXXX...so that we can get direct from them at factory price. He is really prompt in resolving defects/ issues...no arguing needed (i had a hard time arguing with my ID during our first reno over the defects cos they refused to admit its their fault)...this made life much easier for us. The project was completed 3 weeks earlier than the stipulated timeline..haha..partly due to my chasing...but mainly cos the workers were pretty efficient..the entire project took them 8 weeks (entire overhaul of the house)!! Pretty amazing I think. So...in summary, thumbs up to Mr. Toon and his team for the great job and anyone hoping to engage him, can mention recommended by Adeline from Yishun...and get him to give you a fat discount. :D

Another person worth mentioning and recommending would be my carpenter..Ah Meng...those that read my blog would know I outsourced some items to an external carpenter cos my ID's pricing for some items were on the high side. Ah Meng was nice enough to fit all the items I want into my limited budget..workmanship was good and he is really prompt in resolving defects too. Nice and honest guy to work with...

Thats all about the pple who've contributed a great deal to our house reno...now back to the topic on my white house..hehe...there are still some remaining defects which'll be completed this weekend...so thereafter, the house should be complete and we are all ready for xmas parties and gatherings.

Here's the final pics as promised (3D and Actual).

Dining Room

dining_view.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

Living Room

living-1.jpg

IMAG0123.jpg

Kitchen Entrance

DINING.jpg

IMAG0120.jpg

We changed this design to fit better into our lifestyle..

Will be back again with photos of other parts of our house..stay tuned!! PM me if you need contacts of my ID or carpenter.

Edited by Prettibride

Wah.. Really lots of whites and glass so far. Glad to hear that all went well in the end. Hehehe.. congrates again! U must be enjoying ur home very much now. :D

Wah.. Really lots of whites and glass so far. Glad to hear that all went well in the end. Hehehe.. congrates again! U must be enjoying ur home very much now. :D

thanks...now still trying to recover my energy from all the unpacking and cleaning up..hehe..but glad that boxes are out of our way now...never knew we had so much junk...we threw away 4-5 carton full of unwanted stuff...ya, we have quite a fair bit of glass..even hubby was commenting, keep our glass doors open otherwise he'll bump into them...hehe..

Wah really a white white house... even the lights are very white!

hi pinkpetter..actually it used to be more "white". hehe..now i have some colors..pink walls and blacks...like the current combi better becos we purposely choose black for items we use regularly so that its easier to maintain. look forward to seeing your reno pics soon too~

Bar Counter cum kitchen

kit_counter.jpg

dsc07690_w400_h300.jpg

Does it look the same?

Kitchen counter...custom height to suit us so that cooking is more comfortable and more food preparation space for me compared to last time. :P

dsc07687_w400_h300.jpg

Love this the most....lots of storage space for almost anything~. Notice anything different about my kitchen? You can't see any appliances or fridge...haha..thanks to this cabinet..it conceals everything and help to make the kitchen look bigger!!

dsc07686_w400_h300.jpg

Another view of kitchen.

dsc07682_w400_h300.jpg

Wow your house really looks fantastic. esp with the glass railing! I love the study too. hahaha when one's working the other can go to sleep!! nice. :P

Wow your house really looks fantastic. esp with the glass railing! I love the study too. hahaha when one's working the other can go to sleep!! nice. :P

thanks thanks...we did this so that we can free up the other room for kids in future cos our house is a 2-room flat..can see that my hubby occupies most of the study area now..

Very nice, thanks for sharing with us ur lovely pics. Congrates on a beautiful home again. :yamseng:

u're welcome :P ...i got many ideas and inspirations from this blog too~

thanks thanks...we did this so that we can free up the other room for kids in future cos our house is a 2-room flat..can see that my hubby occupies most of the study area now..

u're welcome :P ...i got many ideas and inspirations from this blog too~

hey. can advise where u got the rose painting in de study room? n how much?