Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DLIM

Roller Blind

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

anyone knows what is the longest for 1 panel of rollerblind?

knitez,

i think the ikea ones are cheap and good but my window panels very long, can't fit ikea ones..hiaz

My living room has 4 panels of windows, I used a single piece of roller blinds.

IKEA blinds are cheap but its pulley system not very strong. When things are too cheap, quality probably has to compromise a bit lor. Also, can your windows size fits their blinds? The result might look ugly if the blinds are too big for your windows upon installed. What abt the colour of the blinds? Can their blinds match your house colour theme?

Well, if you have budget constraints, then IKEA is the way to go. You might want to drop by Spotlight for a check. They do have ready-made blinds too. My bf went there & told me it has more varieties, but diff pricing for diff materials. Some are cheap & some are expensive.

hihi,

can i have contacts for Miki Curtains too?

also for holly interiors, besides roller blinds, are their other curtains cheap too?

I heard that AMK industrial area got curtain shop also

yokine9a,

how long is your single panel of roller blind? my hubby thinks if i use 2 panels of roller blinds for our 4 panel windows will be ugly and he would like to have a single panel of roller blind.

Agree that quality does not come cheap for roller blind. If he insist, i'll have no choice but to get the more expensive roller blind :-p

I didn't measure the length of my roller blinds, but I remembered the length of my windows is 207cm.

Yes, it won't look nice to have 2 panels for a single piece of windows, there will be gap too. However, in order to go for a single piece of blinds, the fabric you choose must be light enough, else the rod will not be able to hold its weight. Your blinds installer should be able to advise you further.

just to share my cheapo roller blind from ikea, installation done by ID

$59 nia, so far so good..i am just very afraid that the pulley mechanism a little fragile though..

P7142384.jpg

You have to be very gentle while pulling the blinds as I really find that ikea pulley mechanism not very strong.

Must go back home to see your pic liao, cannot view it in office as it is being blocked by firewall.

BTW, where did you get your novita garment steamer SS19 at $320? I am interested to get one but many places are selling at $380. Even if I go to novita HQ, they are only giving 5% discount off regular selling priece. Thanks.

ya lor got to be extra gentle when pulling..i scare it just break then the whole blind is spoil liao lor..

i got the garment steamer at Kong Tai (1 of the highly recommended place for electrical) at Jurong west..if you interested later i pm you the address cos invoice at home leh..my husband said the steamer good wor, using that he can even iron his own clothes..thats good for me too..heheh :sport-smiley-004:

$320 is good buy liao, all other places i asked also $380..

worth it!

Edited by babytan

just to share my cheapo roller blind from ikea, installation done by ID

$59 nia, so far so good..i am just very afraid that the pulley mechanism a little fragile though..

P7142384.jpg

Isn't this more like roman blinds? I always thought roller blinds roll all the way up...

Thanks babytan, don't worry abt the shop address, I can google it :D

$320 is really attractive, so tempting to buy.

Wah, your husband so good, does his ironing work himself. I think if my bf will start to do that, the sun will rise from the west liao :sport-smiley-004:

hahahah you are wrong, when 1st open the steamer, husband only tried out on 1 shirt and said easy to iron nia..that doesnt mean that he is gonna do the ironing..is still my job :bangwall:

btw here is the address:

Blk 504 Jurong west st 51 #01-221

tel: 6565 8924

can look for alice, she is the lady boss :yamseng:

Cool, thanks for the address :D

Aiyoh, at least your husband tried on 1 shirt, my bf doesn't even want to learn ironing work :bleah: