Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tpwong

Reno - What Are The Steps

Hi,

I have a few que to ask on reno. Sorry if my que is a repetition that other people have asked before.

From what I understand, before doing reno we need to sprinkle salt at the four corners of the house. I have heard too many different versions of the methods so to clarify.

My ques are:

1. Do you need to select an auspicious date/time to do so?

2. Anyone need to be absent in order to avoid clashes?

3. Do we use salt mix with rice or salt mix with green bean or salt mix with rice and tea leaves? There are too may schools of thought

4. To avoid dirtying the floor, can I put a piece of newspaper with salt/rice and place them at four corners?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi,

I have a few que to ask on reno. Sorry if my que is a repetition that other people have asked before.

From what I understand, before doing reno we need to sprinkle salt at the four corners of the house. I have heard too many different versions of the methods so to clarify.

My ques are:

1. Do you need to select an auspicious date/time to do so?

2. Anyone need to be absent in order to avoid clashes?

3. Do we use salt mix with rice or salt mix with green bean or salt mix with rice and tea leaves? There are too may schools of thought

4. To avoid dirtying the floor, can I put a piece of newspaper with salt/rice and place them at four corners?

keke, these are not questions on reno. but tradition/ fengshui.

anyway, for me, my dad only advised to sprinker some rice mix with salt at every corners of the house.

then prior to the actual day of renovation, we can do a quick sweeping n hand over to contractor.

period of renovation, u might want to seek fengshui master advice or avoid 7th mth.

as for actual move-in, probably the most u might ask is the auspicious date n time.

but some joss paper in a metal basin in front of ur gate n cross over.

ok, i hope these help. correct me if im wrong.