Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

hi,

need a reliable mover at good price. any recommendations? actually we dun have many items to shift..juz a wardrobe, queen size bed, dresser, and 2 bedside tables.. and oso other loose items. called up one company to ask for a rough quote juz now and was quoted $170 cos currently my MIL's place not lift landing level. is it considered reasonable? :unsure:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

This price looks ok to me. However, you might want to get a few quotes for comparison. I used Movers_101 when I moved house last month. The guys were very careful when handling my stuff, no scratches. I don't have their contact # on hand now. Just Google "Movers_101" and you can find their advert easily on the net :yamseng:

i used Citimap Movers twice. They charge me $280 for 1 king size mattress, 1 marble dining table with 4 chairs, a L-shape sofa, 1 fridge, 1 washing machine and 5 boxes. My place is not lift landing too

thanks for the replies fanguojun & yokine9a.

Have arranged for them to come down to take a look tomorrow so as to give me a more accurate quote hee. hopefully it's reasonable, else i'll surely b gettin more quotes :P

I engaged Vernon (H/P 82282970). His workers are careful and efficient. He was also the lowest quote out of five quotations. He charged us $450 for 100 boxes, one queen size mattress, one 2 seater sofa, 3 tvs, one glass tv consoles, one fridge, one washing machine, 3 book shelves, 4 cupboard of drawers and 2 glass shelves.

He got 6 workers and one super big covered lorry and one smaller opened lorry (which we din hv to use). My husband was so impressed that he gave a $50 tips.

Our 2nd cheapest quote was $520/-.

Does anyone have any experience with Shalom? Or does anyone have any experience moving aquarium with fishes to new place? Thanks

I have decided to go with Movers_101, i think their price is pretty reasonable for my simple stuffs :good: . The person I talked to - Pearly sounds nice too :good: . Will give feedback once they move my place at the end of this month.

Shalom is actually quite professional when I talked to them, surf their web & receive their quotation thru e-mail, however it's a little pricey for me, esp since my place is not lift -level. They even have insurance coverage if you want. Maybe next time when i have more complicated things to move then i'll try them.

Does anyone know of a reliable mover that provides hanger boxes or movable hanger racks? i've got a bunch of clothes to transfer to my new house and don't really want to have to re-iron everything again. TIA!! :D

I have decided to go with Movers_101, i think their price is pretty reasonable for my simple stuffs :good: . The person I talked to - Pearly sounds nice too :good: . Will give feedback once they move my place at the end of this month.

Shalom is actually quite professional when I talked to them, surf their web & receive their quotation thru e-mail, however it's a little pricey for me, esp since my place is not lift -level. They even have insurance coverage if you want. Maybe next time when i have more complicated things to move then i'll try them.

Oh, i hv forgotten to put my feedback here. Anyway Movers_101 did a good job. They came on time, were really careful with my stuffs. Very friendly boss too, who came along to move ( it's a family business). :good: Good value for money :good:

Hi - I used Estin Movers recently. Good job... and I was particularly impressed that they employ ex-convicts. Great to give someone a second chance.

dear all,

what abt the boxes?

Do the mover company provide them in advance? how advance?

how do they charge for the boxes? Returnable?

For boxes, some movers provide but some don't. You have to ask before you engage them.

Boxes fee is usually included in the package given to you. You don't need to return used ones, but some movers would like to collect back unused ones.