Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jpcc

Old Flat Came With Old Tv Antenna Cable, Why Cannot Remove

I asked my aircon installer on the TV antenna out (before Starhub cable point) on the possibility to

remove them. They said it is better to leave it, as the rod is connected from top floor all the way down.

Any reasons why they still need this TV antenna cable?

For grounding???

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I asked my aircon installer on the TV antenna out (before Starhub cable point) on the possibility to

remove them. They said it is better to leave it, as the rod is connected from top floor all the way down.

Any reasons why they still need this TV antenna cable?

For grounding???

yup, its true the rod is connected from top to bottom floor. and by removing your part, it will affect the whole connection.

if you remove, then how the below neighbors gonna to use the antenna? the rod will be disconnected if you remove, that means the below units will not receive the TV signals.

not everyone is using SCV cable connections. alot of homes are still using the old TV antennas.

you can get HD signal from that point, with just a HD set top box

no need to subscribe to starhub HD which has VERY limited offerings

• Like 1

My father-in-law, who is the electrical contractor for my new house reno (resale flat)... took out the antenna cable.

Basically 'cut' it off.

I believe he knows what he is doing.. becos he is a contractor himself. Wouldnt 'sabo' his son-in-law right?!

Interestingly enough, we only see 1 of such tv antenna cable box in our flat as we thought there would be 2 of such being this flat was 2 x 3 room flat.

Anyway, we kept the box there for amusement. Who knows, maybe one day we might need it to watch the news when Starhub point fails. When Starhub point fails, internet connection fails too. Come to think of it, home phone would fail too. Hope that day don't come! :lol:

Interestingly enough, we only see 1 of such tv antenna cable box in our flat as we thought there would be 2 of such being this flat was 2 x 3 room flat.

Anyway, we kept the box there for amusement. Who knows, maybe one day we might need it to watch the news when Starhub point fails. When Starhub point fails, internet connection fails too. Come to think of it, home phone would fail too. Hope that day don't come! :lol:

I have the same problem. Any innovative way to conceal the cable?

you can get HD signal from that point, with just a HD set top box

no need to subscribe to starhub HD which has VERY limited offerings

hmmm HD signal from which service? and what kind of HD set top box? Starhub's?

Hi guys... i read all about this old trunking and tv point... i have mixed answers..some say cannot..but when i called starhub regarding this old point..they claim it can be removed.. and they seems to be really confident in saying that...

i even called twice just to have the confirmation..

Starhub 6873 2828

Ive already got my keys, house bought is at Marine Crescent..old flats have this old point..it is soooooo ugly...

in the middle of the living room..u can see the ugly old tv point

oldtvpoint.jpg