Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
newkid

Home Success At Beauty World?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Wa.. sound so good, can upload afew pic to show?

Yup... upload some to show

sorry for late reply guys, it's been almost a year after reno.

before

n1163693440_30310554_8214.jpg

after

n1163693440_30310556_2168.jpg

i did minimal removation at minimal cost and Alvin (matrix concept) did his best... went thru almost all shops in balestier and i've spent 1/3 of their quotation with Alvin..

very happy till today.

regards

kmax

best thing i like is he didnt cut cost to make more profit..

i did plastering whole house and he put corner-protector all over the edges including the ceiling and beams.. so the finishing is superb.

one of my friend did the same plastering but without corner-protector, so edges are not smooth and easily peel off if anything hits the wall edge.

even for paint selection, he let us choose different paint quailty and cost and how he can do the same job for 500$ with low quality paint or do we want good one...

well, good luck and Merry Christmas.

Regards

Hi all,

My id was home success. I engaged their services in the middle of the year and am utterly disappointed. My reno was supposed to be completed in Mid Oct but it was delayed to early Nov and till date, they've left the job incomplete and I've not heard from them since.

To be fair, their prices are actually rather reasonable and the quality of material they use are pretty good. The workmanship of their carpentry work is very good as well.

However the cons far exceed the pros and I was absolutely turned off by their attitude and the way they handled issues

Please think twice if you are considering to engage their services

I've engaged their service in the middle of the year and am utterly disappointed with them.

To be fair, their prices are reasonable and the quality of the material provided and the carpentry work is good. However, the attitude and service was really bad.

Firstly, the id promised the base would definitely fit ANY 2 door fridge. (they didn't want to wait for us to purchase our fridge first) and eventually the fridge could fit so nicely that I can't open the doors at all!

Then the id tried to shrink responsibility and blame us for getting a big fridge.

Knowing the fridge can't fit, the id then very cleverly did not communicate with her contractors and they force fit the fridge that couldn't fit onto the base twice in a week. The 2nd time they put it on the base we demand for it to be removed immediately so that we can check and make sure it wasn't dented or damaged in any way. They sent down 1 worker to move the fridge and this time the fridge was badly shaken, banged and yes, it got dented! How can you except 1 person to move the fridge alone?

Then they refused to make compensation. When it dragged for too long, we demand an answer on what will be done by a certain date or we will lodge a complaint against them and the GM said "you are threatening me. If you threaten me, I don't want to talk to you anymore" (quoted) and indeed till now we have not heard from them and the renovation work is not completed.

Sad to say this is only one of the many complaints we have regarding their services.

engaged home success before and it was a angry and disappointing experience. the ID that we got left the company halfway through the project and it was followed up by another ID. things went downhill from then and the company gave crappy attitude when confronted. workmanship was very inconsistent, parts of it average and parts of it lousy. after we move into the apartment, a few areas gave problems due to poor workmanship and we got them to fix it up for us but they will only fix it when they haven got the whole payment. there was a problem that kept coming back and after 2 times of fixing it, they refused to come back to fix. our ID has left the company and so we called the manager to ask about the problem. the admin kept saying he will call back but never. on the day of our last payment, we called the company to ask why didnt anybody call back and the admin continued to say that they will call back. the admin was very rude by the way. got quite angry and told her "ok i will stop the cheque then" (but actually the cheque should have been processed), when she heard that, she said, "the manager will speak to you now". of cos the manager told us he will send his men down to fix the problem. nobody came down and of cos we couldnt contact the manager again. call them, admin say "call u back", got angry and confronted her, she SHOUTED "you are getting on my nerves mdm, i am just a admin here, u scold me also no use". FABULOUS isnt? one reminder, only pay them when you ensured all areas are fine, if not, you will not see them once payment are cleared. the warranty that they promised is complete bull****!

been there to ask for a quote.. but seems like they dun like to do business with us after know our budget..

What i can comment here is their services.. so..so.. nia

but the ID did take our floorplan.. but din comeback to us too..

We also very xianz.. to chase a quote from them.. seems service not so good.

We spoke to Home Success at Expo last weekend only by chance as we were leaving the show. They have a reno package advert up outside their very small booth which attracted out attention.

We are upgrading to an EM and although have found a good unit with wonderful position, we are paying heavily for it and so have minimal funds for reno work. Initially we are looking at all laminate flooring (except wet areas), redo kitchen, downstairs wash room and two upstairs shower rooms. We have other wants but probably out of budget for the moment.

Asked a number of ID firms (Image, RestnRelax, etc) and no-one came back to us with a quote, probably due to our low 20-30K budget. We spoke to a second person at RestnRelax (they all compete with each other) who told us that the kitchen, wash room and shower rooms 30-40K already. We are not asking for anything special in any of those rooms.

Anyway... saw the Home Success reno package on the way out and as the promotion only mentioned up to EA we asked about an EM. Sat down with a lady there who took our wish list and on the spot started measuring and making suggestions. Other ID people just took the info and say 'we will give a quote'. I found her to be clear, direct and honest with no flowery talk. It was nice to to get comments, suggestions we had not thought about and rough on the spot ideas of costs for different things so we could mix and match to fit our budget. They were also fine with contra off the package and add something else in instead. Although above our initial budget, we both feel the quote they have given will be hard to beat and when it was mentioned we do not drive so it would be hard to get to their offices in West Singapore, the lady offered to come to our place in Tampines to discuss their full initial quote the following weekend. So far the impressions are very good and the lady we are dealing with certainly seems to have a lot more experience that the designers from the other places.

We will see what they come up with.

RB

Keep all of us posted on your outcome with her...btw what's her name?

Did they try to sell you this package whereby they will source for other ID for your under their panel of IDs?

They have this thingy that they will give your requirements to other ID & they are suppose to get back to you with quotes rather than you walking and sourcing for ID yourself.

Has anyone worked with HomeSuccess before?...would be great if you could share your experience...

We also chanced upon Home Success when we went to Beauty World to see another ID firm, Hwa Li. Talked to this consultant by the name of Derrick. He was able to provide plenty of ideas on the spot for us to maximise our huge 116 sqm 5-room flat. At the same time we also notice their resale package of $31K is on the high side and it didn't include in some of extra stuffs that we are planning to do. We estimate the total cost will top $50K (Eye popping !!!)

Anybody has previously sign up with Home Success or worked with Derrick before can comment anything ?

been there to ask for a quote.. but seems like they dun like to do business with us after know our budget..

What i can comment here is their services.. so..so.. nia

but the ID did take our floorplan.. but din comeback to us too..

We also very xianz.. to chase a quote from them.. seems service not so good.

It happened to me too. My wife and I went for a quotation duriong 11th Jan 2011 by a woman. She asked us to sign a ACE Design Hub membership at $50. Then she will send the same request to other ID, then they will send their quotation to us for comparison. In the end, till today, only other IDs called us to arrange for meet up. She never even bother to call us to follow up. So dissappointed with their service.

anyone tried this id before? any comments or recommendations?

i went down after being recommended by a friend but much to my dismay , my husband and my mum who accompanied me wasnt satisfied with the service rendered . the Id was so slow and he didnt know what to do . the id couldnt quote us on the spot when most other firm are able to . by the time he called us to come down , we already sign up with other fim who give good service and reasonable price .

after reading all the cons my recent experience turned otherwise so far.

now still at quotation stage

responsive and quick

my home minister went ard with ID on tiles selection. she was pleased todate.

but dont count the chickens yet.

anyone had recent bad experiences after signing and first 2 payments