Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
newkid

Home Success At Beauty World?

I had engaged homesuccess to renovated my dream house last year ,there is no regret in this choice. My husband & I are very impressed with the

ID.She had very brilliant design,responsible & helpful. The Workmanship of carpentary was good and we quite satisfied for all the overall. But the price is very higher compare to other company, since the ID had provide good service still worth. This is my experience with homesuccess.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I had engaged homesuccess to renovated my dream house last year ,there is no regret in this choice. My husband & I are very impressed with the

ID.She had very brilliant design,responsible & helpful. The Workmanship of carpentary was good and we quite satisfied for all the overall. But the price is very higher compare to other company, since the ID had provide good service still worth. This is my experience with homesuccess.

Great thanks for sharing

as in other post mine is a resale private condo

first 2 days hackers mobilized and completed the necessary hacking - kitchen, 2 toilets, including cabinets removal

prior to works commencement everyone was mobilised to site to discuss what we want, from eletrical, aircon technician, grille.

pricing is secondary. timely delivery and ID's attitude is primary to us. ID is someone whom we can comfortably work with

Hi anyone have ID recommendation from the Beauty world branch? Maybe will consider to get a quote from them, wondering how is their pricing like.

Hi anyone have ID recommendation from the Beauty world branch? Maybe will consider to get a quote from them, wondering how is their pricing like.

Hi Lynnk, last time i'm engaged Ms. Cecilla Yow, she is very responsible & helpful.For their pricing is very higher compare to other company, but is worth it because she commitment in her sevices to us. She updated the completion on daily basis and finished as scheduled. :)

Homesuccess at beauty world & always at exibition...

very very bad workmanships & purely contractor company.

bad experience!!1

We engaged Home Success as our renovator recently. At first we were very impressed with my ID because he is very sincere and creative with his ideas on how to solve some of the layout issues. We can see that he has spent a lot of effort to overcome the small bedroom and awkward living room layout. We were impressed with the number and quality of solutions that he came out with and that he was able to sketch on the spot to help us to visualize. So even though his pricing was not very competitive, we decided to sign up with Home Success.

However, once the renovation started, we encountered a lot of problems. Firstly, the ID was quite busy so he asked his colleagues to do most of the paper work. They screwed up the renovation permit, applying 2 weeks later than we had agreed on. There was little supervision on the contractors' work. We have personally drawn out the layout of our marble flooring but it was not communicated to the tilers properly. End result was the grouting was not in-line with the corridor. The most unacceptable is the workmanship of their cabinet. The laminates are horribly done. Jagged lines at all corners with superglue sticking out. We have complained many times and even supervised the contractor when he was doing but there is no use. The workmanship is simply horrible. When i was in their balestier office, I was already skeptical of their workmanship. I raised my concern many times to my ID asking if the quality of the workmanship will be as bad as the showroom. He said not to worry, he will ensure that the quality of his work will be good. But alas, it's even much worse than expected. We have no choice but to live with the horrible cabinet works. The project also dragged for a long long time. We did not specify an end date in the contractor but it was generally agreed to be done in 2 months time. But it just dragged on. It has been 3 months and 1 week and it's still not completed. We have been chasing but every time there is always some problems like permit not approved yet, contractor is sick or contractor does not know our house lock number??!

There are still some good things about them. Like, the ID was willing to waive for us extra labor fees for the marble flooring labor for marble is much higher than homogeneous or ceramic flooring. He was also willing to throw in extra glass backing for our kitchen for aesthetic reasons. We are just very disappointed with the workmanship and project management.

We are planning to set up a renovation blog. It'll take a long time to be complete. You can check it out at:

plainwhitehouse.wordpress.com

Lastly, I would like to recommend my flooring guy at this thread. I engaged a separate contractor for my parquet flooring. The quality of the work is fabulous. I simply love the finishing and workmanship. The company is called Kingston Sunrise (http://kingstonsunrise.com/teak.php) The website may seem a bit dubious. We found the contact through HDB building services. The pricing is good for parquet flooring. For the same price that we paid, we could have only gotten smaller strips (6 inches) at wood culture. But we managed to get much longer varying length strips, which looks more modern and grand. It's a one man show company, but it also mean that we have a very personalized service. He personally brought us around to show and recommend different types of marble flooring. We managed to source for our marble flooring from the supplier directly, thanks to him. The only hiccup was that he had to raise the price of the parquet just before the renovation because of the increase in price of parquet from Burma. At first we were skeptical but the price was still reasonable so we decided to still go for it. Conclusion, the quality and service that we received is excellent!

We recently brought a resale flat at Yishun, the existing house condition is very terrible, but no choice because we want near our parents.

My friend recommended us ,they had engaged a good ladies ID (Cecilia) from homesuccess for their new house. we read not so good reviews about homesuccess but we rather have a friend who had experience recommend someone rather than we find ourself. my friend told us ID does all the dirty work of coordination for the different contractors. This usually translates to lesser stress. However we have came across people who couldn’t work with their ID and had alot of issues with them thou. Therefore finding a good ID is crucial.

Afternoon we have meeting with cecilia to discuss our renovation of 5room resale flat,we were very impressed with cecilia because she is very sincere and plenty of designs ideas on space planning on the spot in floor plan.She also suggestions rough on the spot ideas of costs for different materials and design for carpentary & tiles so we could mix and match to fit our budget.

We paid $2000 as a deposit and now we are waiting for another 2 weeks to see our 3D drawings. Hope she won't disappoint us!!

We recently brought a resale flat at Yishun, the existing house condition is very terrible, but no choice because we want near our parents.

My friend recommended us ,they had engaged a good ladies ID (Cecilia) from homesuccess for their new house. we read not so good reviews about homesuccess but we rather have a friend who had experience recommend someone rather than we find ourself. my friend told us ID does all the dirty work of coordination for the different contractors. This usually translates to lesser stress. However we have came across people who couldnt work with their ID and had alot of issues with them thou. Therefore finding a good ID is crucial.

Afternoon we have meeting with cecilia to discuss our renovation of 5room resale flat,we were very impressed with cecilia because she is very sincere and plenty of designs ideas on space planning on the spot in floor plan.She also suggestions rough on the spot ideas of costs for different materials and design for carpentary & tiles so we could mix and match to fit our budget.

We paid $2000 as a deposit and now we are waiting for another 2 weeks to see our 3D drawings. Hope she won't disappoint us!!

Hi Abeali, my suggesstion to you is not to engage them as i just got this super bad service and poor workmanship and many other disapointment from their ID (EDMUND FONG and JOE). Reno starts on 18/02/2013 till now. Estimanted hand over is on 6/4/2013. still not yet hand over. Kitchen cabinet fr 3D drawing is different fr the actual one. they will ask you to pay for this , for that due to using of better material, final cleaning and chemical cleaning do at the same time while all the touch up work is not done. ID do things don't go according to schedule. full of stupid excuses when things are not done properly. I would them rate 1 out of 10 for everything.

Edited by PeterSeet

Went there to get a quotation ...spent 2 hours there toking to their ID, quotation was 1 day later than agreed day, and in the end the quotation did not have what i requested excecpt for a few items.... ask them to take out the items i do not need they also never do it ....

in the end they gave me a cut and paste package with very few items i spent telling them over 2 hours and price is 39k+ when other quote i get is only 20-25k ....

Dunno how to compare ....told the ID already to take out but she very stubborn...so no choice...in the end skip .....

same here... same quote with another company was like 12k difference

Wah...that day passed by Home Success in Beauty World and thought asking them for some renovation for my shop......now I read this and can forget about it - Success Blossom : BANNED

** PLEASE DONT QUOTE ME - 1ST MAN MEAT IS ANOTHER MAN POISON **

Time passes very fast. Almost 2.5 mth staying in my new home. Everyday, i go back to my new home which was done by Home Success, i feel very disappointed and stressful. When i saw the surrounding, toilets, living room, kitchen, walls and many many other things. CRACK LINES here and there, super poor workmanship, thinking of their stupid excuses that they gived, makes me feel like i and my sister are really so stupid to let them do the job. And again, THINK as many time before getting them.