Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
delirious_jeff

Mounting Lcd Tv On Gypsum Partition Wall

Thinking of mounting an LCD TV on a gypsum partition wall.

Ideally, I would prefer the contractor to affix wooden studs secured from one end to the other end of the partition wall

I noticed that the contractor merely drilled wood behind the gypsum board. Wood shall allow the screws be firmly secured when they are screwed in. However, this also seems to suggest that the drywall is bearing the weight of the LCD TV and not the stud.

Would the gypsum board be strong enough or will there be problems?

Does anyone has any experience on this matter?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

the moment those pple delivering your lcd saw this gysumboard - they die die wont dare to install.

Hi, my office 42" LCD screen was also mounted on normal partition wall, but with reinforce wooden planks from top to bottom and is still standing fine for 2 years without any cracks or signs of falling off.

If your wooden planks are from left to right, then better make sure that there are no cracks on the partition wall. If any signs are shown, then better remove them asap.

Hopefully this helps. :D

I asked the contractor and the people from Sharp.

Contractor insists that the structure will hold. I am not 100% convinced.

Sharp LCD folks came and wanted to just install and run off. Unlike air-con installation from Gain City, there is no installation warranty for installing the LCD TV onto a wall. So, they could be bothered to give advice. Entirely up to me. I guess this is the kind of service you can expect from Best Denki and Sharp. :bangwall:

Anyway, thank you for your comments. I do not think the structure will hold the weight of the TV and I was not ready to experiment. Gave this idea a miss.

Edited by delirious_jeff

Sharp LCD folks came and wanted to just install and run off. Unlike air-con installation from Gain City, there is no installation warranty for installing the LCD TV onto a wall. So, they could be bothered to give advice. Entirely up to me. I guess this is the kind of service you can expect from Best Denki and Sharp. :bangwall:

dont get it wrong - their biz is the selling of electrical appliances not structure works.

the moment they give advice - other than mounting on a concrete wall. if the lcd crashes onto the floor, customers will HOLD THEM responsible - no?

where else contractors are the one who are "professionals" on mounting/structures but are they willing to sign a agreement that should the lcd dismounts, they will compensate you a new LCD?

dont get it wrong - their biz is the selling of electrical appliances not structure works.

the moment they give advice - other than mounting on a concrete wall. if the lcd crashes onto the floor, customers will HOLD THEM responsible - no?

where else contractors are the one who are "professionals" on mounting/structures but are they willing to sign a agreement that should the lcd dismounts, they will compensate you a new LCD?

Since we have a wall mount bracket from that purchase, we got another much cheaper Akira LCD TV from another store and got our contractor to wall-mount that TV in our guest room.