Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
henrywoo1978

Mounting Of Tv By Ownself

Thanks for the link owm. For easier viewing, here are the pix again:

70770867_53ed526944.jpg

70770869_b245f27a85.jpg

All I can say is: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Just hope to help.. I'm not doing feature wall as intending to mount direct instead (save $$). But my ID did tell me that they have to reinforce feature wall (with more wood) at the part where the mounting bracket is fixed in order to hold up the TV. So you have to let your contractor know what size of TV, and the esimated mounting height then they will do the reinforcements accordingly.

Well either of these things can happen:

Whole feature wall give way, not secured to actual wall (but TV still secured to it :D like in the photos)

OR: Mounting bracket + TV give way

Either way is still a crash!!

Edited by carelinwen

mounting bracket: Try to get those universal type (can mount any brand of TV), and with a higher weight spec if u thinking of upsize your LCD in future. Those has more screw holes to secure to your wall. Also, when drilling, think they have different types of plastic studs to hammer into the hole first before the screw goes in.

Leveling: I saw a simple gadget in hardware shop which cost only like $20. It's actually merging a spirit leveller with a laser pointer, and it comes with some sticky dough like plastercine for you to stick the gadet onto the wall. Basically it function exactly like those professional laser guide, which projects out a red laser line for you to align. With the spirit leveller, you can be sure the line is totally horizontal with the ground. :good: