Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sepultura

How To Get Rid Of Ants?

Maybe you can look for the Borax at the mama shops? It's highly endorsed by the people who posted online.. :)

I bought the ants powder, it worked for a few mths but didn't work now. i still find ants in my water flask & there is nothing sweet on my kitchen table at all. Can't seem to find the source at all!! HELP!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Didn't quite get the chance to enquire about the Borax at the mama shops... Will do so if I can manage to reach home before the mama shop closes... :)

Borax is easily available at major mama shops?

My water flask is cool water so also don't know why...

Still can't seem to find the Borax... :(

Didn't quite get the chance to enquire about the Borax at the mama shops... Will do so if I can manage to reach home before the mama shop closes... :)

Still can't seem to find the Borax... :(

Hi, try giving them a call and see if they can direct you to a shop/supermarket in your area?

Borax Asia Pte Ltd

501 Orchard Road #08-02 WHEELOCK PLACE Singapore 238880

Tel : 6738-6068

Fax : 6738-6282

Edit: Forgot to add that Tanglin Mall Supermarket carries Borax but its usually out of stock. Just your luck if you can find it.

Edited by juanita

Oh cool!! Thank you so much Juanita~ :D

The line is engaged, will keep calling nonetheless... :)

Hi, try giving them a call and see if they can direct you to a shop/supermarket in your area?

Borax Asia Pte Ltd

501 Orchard Road #08-02 WHEELOCK PLACE Singapore 238880

Tel : 6738-6068

Fax : 6738-6282

Edit: Forgot to add that Tanglin Mall Supermarket carries Borax but its usually out of stock. Just your luck if you can find it.

Can't get through to Borax Asia..

Managed to find another company that sells Boric Acid. However, they only sell in 25kg bags for $50!!

Haha, if there's anyone keen in sharing, I can order it together.. :)

Can't get through to Borax Asia..

Managed to find another company that sells Boric Acid. However, they only sell in 25kg bags for $50!!

Haha, if there's anyone keen in sharing, I can order it together.. :)

hi there, just go buy GOLDER ROASTER BRAND antz killer from NTUC (less than $2), which is very effective...will c lot of antz bodies beside the poison, and will kill the nest oso...then after tat not a single soul of antz...

I bought the ants powder, it worked for a few mths but didn't work now. i still find ants in my water flask & there is nothing sweet on my kitchen table at all. Can't seem to find the source at all!! HELP!

I used the Ants powder and it killed a whole community of ants. After a few months i think a new batch came, and they seem quite intelligent. They kinda know the Ants powder is poison and when i put the powder in the trail they always use, they avoid the powder.

So i bought another Ant killer from SelFix - DIY store. I think it's called Combat. This time, this one worked with the new community of ants. So far no more ants at the moment. It's been a few months now...

Worth giving it a try. It comes with adhesive so u can stick it to walls, cabinets or even on the floor.

Agree with Hasibee! Combat is really good! :)

I have used ant bait as well. Wiped out one colony nest but the future one seems to know how to avoid it. Must just keep changing the brand of ant bait. I suppose different brand smells different.

Just be careful about using loose powder (poison) placed on the floor in case a pet or young child may ingest it accidentally.

A quick but temporary solution is to use Baygon green can. Have been using this method since I was young. The crystaline residue left after spraying will stop certain ants, all cockroaches and lizard from wanting to crawl that spot. I say "certain" ants because there are some species that are less affected by Baygon residue, maybe they have thicker shell??

Edited by Topspin

Sometime ago whilst looking for a tip to store basil, I chanced upon tips on getting rids of ants.

Wikihow's article is a good read and I particularly like this tip :-

- quote -

If you have pets and/or children around (see Warnings below) put the bait in a jam jar. Screw the lid tightly and seal with adhesive tape. Pierce two or three small holes in the lid, and smear the outside with a little bit of unpoisoned bait. If you're concerned about the jar getting knocked over and the poisoned bait spilling out, loosely pack the inside with cotton balls.

- unquote -

Now, what to use as bait?

Other tips that I have bookmarked: -

Baking soda and icing sugar - No poison necessary

Talcum powder - An Unwanted Invasion

Cornmeal - Bill & Barbara Jo

Another tip that I enjoy from Wikihow - "How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies" and made me wonder if fruit flies are really that stupid.

I been doing battle with ants for 3 yrs.

i tried 3 to 4 type of ant bait. So far the most effective is combat ant killing gel . Cost abt $10. (I used abt 4 month plus, so far never see any ants).

If you find it too ex, next best is GOLDER ROASTER BRAND antz killer. (usually last for 2 to 3 months)