Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sepultura

How To Get Rid Of Ants?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
For the past few weeks I noticed whenever there's some sweet on the dining table, it is attacked by small ants within 1/2 an hour. Today I traced these little pests and found there are quite a few living under the dining table.

I also found a trace going out towards the bedroom window and into a crack in the wall between the window frame and the wall.

How do I get rid of these pesky fellows? It is not severe enough to call the pest control guys but what's the best I can do now? Of course I'm getting the whole house cleaned up tomorrow - what insecticide / spray can I use to keep them away?

Thx.

Edit: The dining table is really good rosewood and I don't want to damage it with unsuitable chemicals.

Use talcum powder . I use them all the time and it works

yesterday found an 'army' of ants nesting in the hollow spine of my kids' board book! disgusting! and my boy got a fright when he opened it and the whole load of ants poured onto his shirt!

use 'combat' ant control. Effective! Basically the ants are tricked into bringing the poison back to their nests. The poison will wipe out the queen n all the rest of the ants. Works like a charm for me.

I'm facing the same problem. The ants invading my house seems to be those small crazy ants. Followed their trails and found them crawling under my tv console. I have a 7 month baby at home. Anybody can recommend any methods to destroy their colony and not harm my baby?

Crazy ants - those black ants which upon scaring em, can alertly turn n move around fast...thinketh 一扫光can do the job pretty clean! cost jus $1.90 at sheng Shiong per pkt lor

I have battle with ants for months, below my finding & experience

1.Must trace to their nest, no point just killing few that crawl out..must go to the source

2.If you can access to the nest directly, just kill them using spray aerosol.

3.Else use those 'gel' type , apply some (do not over apply) near the nest opening (place where the ants go inside), those gel is sweet, let them eat as much as they can & bring back to their nest/queen & infest the rest .

4.Do not kill them while they are eating the 'gel', you need the ants to do their work (bring back to their nest), you will notice, after a short while , a whole army of ant will crawl out enjoy the sweet meal

5.Do not use aerosol spray when applying 'gel' together, else the ants will "siam" the gel area..

4.Repeat putting the 'gel' near the nest opening for next few days until no more ant crawling out.. you may notice some dead ant around the nest hole.. (the gel will dry out after ~ half day, so you need to repeat apply)

6.Last, use aerosol to spray inside their nest after few days , as final step, to ensure total elimination

Some additional note

1.Those stick pad ant bait that sold in supermarket.. my experience is negative, what I noticed, no ants crawling in!! Seem like, the ants doesn't quite like the smell.

2. When tracking the ant trail, challenge is always , which way is the nest, so, you must spend time to trace..& source for the nest.. example if the ant crawl from left to right, the worker ants might be going out & look for food or it might be heading back to nest...key is patient..

So far, I managed to destroy at least 4 ant nest in my house, & now, it's ants free home!!

Edited by catfish

How to wipeout ants that build separate cluster nests at kitchen cabinet corners? Golden rooster also don't eat. i think they got a tiny brain!

Borax is the active ingredient in Golden Rooster brand, don't need to buy Borax separately.

Recently my place is invaded by ants also, testing a few different brands altogether to wipe them out.

For the past few weeks I noticed whenever there's some sweet on the dining table, it is attacked by small ants within 1/2 an hour. Today I traced these little pests and found there are quite a few living under the dining table.

I also found a trace going out towards the bedroom window and into a crack in the wall between the window frame and the wall.

How do I get rid of these pesky fellows? It is not severe enough to call the pest control guys but what's the best I can do now? Of course I'm getting the whole house cleaned up tomorrow - what insecticide / spray can I use to keep them away?

Thx.

Edit: The dining table is really good rosewood and I don't want to damage it with unsuitable chemicals.

use curry leaves. just leave it for three days at least. ants hate it. cheap n non toxic. works like magic.

wow! First time I heard about this method. Shall try it the next time.