Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sepultura

How To Get Rid Of Ants?

Table wise, my mother always use rubber band, she say they do not like the smell of it, so they will climb one.

Another way I did was to put a pail of water then put my food on another plate on top of the water, so if the ants climb, they will end up in the water.\

Oh ya, got a kind of plate that is make of rubber one, you place your food on it, ants won't come one.

my mother got it from those wet market selling them de...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I use white vinegar. Dilute some in water and mop/swipe wherever there is ants. Yes, there is the vinegar smell, but it disperse after a while and vinegar is harmless to us. It somehow repel the ants.

Borax is the active ingredient in Golden Rooster brand, don't need to buy Borax separately.

Recently my place is invaded by ants also, testing a few different brands altogether to wipe them out.

so which ones worked?

many thanks!

I got a nest of ants in my bedroom last time, and the funny thing is I don't have the habit of eating in my room. Luckily my floor is light coloured, so I could see the trail easily, and it led to my dresser. So I sprayed insecticide and throw away my whole dresser, which is old and from ikea.

Few days later, the 'survivors' manage to relocate to the back of my wardrobe. *faint*, I don't understand why they chose my bedroom?! And this time again, I sprayed and wipe down thoroughly with soap and water. And I saw the eggs during the spraying process. Anyway, that was the last of it and I haven't seen them again. *cross fingers*

Now I use this brown sugar bait which I got from neighbourhood shop, works well so far. :thumbs up:

Sorry to reopen this old thread, but I have a never-ending problem with ants. In the last 3 years, found 3 ant nests. My house seldom cook over clean but yet ants still nest here. I have asked around, my neighbors have ants but they don't nest in their house. So I really wonder what's wrong like some people said about ants nesting in the bedroom where there's no food.

I tried everything from dettol to vinegar to baiting. They will disappear for a while but be back again after few months. The worst thing is I have never seen anything crawling around until too late when a nest is formed. So I developed a phobia for ants, and even wished I moved house. But I know no matter where I stay, ants will never stop coming.

I even had pest control came in for my latest episode of ant invasion. They baited but end up more ants appeared after a week of their treatment. A waste of time and money. The fastest way is to spray. And set a perimeter to spray regularly on the outside of windows to prevent them from entering. I am going to try this from now on, and hope they never return. But I wonder if what brands of sprays are good in leaving residual effect on the outside walls? Coz if rain then all effects will be washed away isn't it?

some times during the year ants will crawl around from outside, very annoying...what my mom used to prevent ants from entering our house is to use ant chalk to draw on the walls...of course, its not foolproof but able to keep most of them out until their 'season' pass.