Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ene

Help! Samsung 40" Tv Is Not That Clear After All. What's Wrong? :(

:jawdrop::jawdrop: wow i got the same model with you but due to deliver only in early july...how ah? didnt know so much also leh, just know that the LCD was clear when we are at the showroom..buy LCD liao still need so many cables meh?? :jawdrop::jawdrop:

Sigh. We were just like you. Thought that just buy the tv, hang on wall, connect it up, turn it on and TA-DAH! But nooooo. Have since learnt so much.

I believe the outdoor antenna plays a large part as well. Then again, I'm guessing that if you are staying in a high-rise flat, how bad can your reception be, especially for cable channels?

The ones at the showroom is always clear because they use DVD or a special converter for HD televisions, hence it is clear. For those buying tv, please ask this question before you purchase because you end up having to pay more to get the same good quality.

Also, the distance between the tv and where you view the tv (i.e. the sofa) plays a part too. The bigger the tv, the larger the pixels, hence, the further you go, the clearer it gets!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

when we purchase that time, the salesman already told me that can buy si mi cables etc etc..but just told him we dun want lor

then he told me we can get HD box from SCV and i realised not cheap also, think per month is $48+ but end of 12 months, the box will be yours

haiz duno wat to do when we get our LCD in july..can i also say that then is not necessary to get such a good specs LCD??

when we purchase that time, the salesman already told me that can buy si mi cables etc etc..but just told him we dun want lor

then he told me we can get HD box from SCV and i realised not cheap also, think per month is $48+ but end of 12 months, the box will be yours

haiz duno wat to do when we get our LCD in july..can i also say that then is not necessary to get such a good specs LCD??

SCV coming my place install HD setup box this sat... the fee is $47.80 leh..1 time fee not per month. And the box is yrs. 12 mths is the contract period. Premature termination is $203.81

Plus 3 months Free HD plus channels although not many la.. kekeke

Display for normal program (channel 5/8/U etc) on LCD TV is always not very sharp. if you do not want to own a set top box, mayb u can try getting a better tv cable wire to connect your tv to the antenna point directly. I own a Mio TV set top which is connect to my LCD via composite point, however, i find that the program looks better w/o the set top box, so i decided to return the set top box once my 6mths free is up.

Will only get a set top box when the price is low and more HD channels up.

U should watch the HD programme from starhub,as for now , i 'm watching the Euro 2008 in HD and i can tell u that u will never go back to those normal free to air channel after watching these!! i hoped that the coming olympic also come in HD!!

U should watch the HD programme from starhub,as for now , i 'm watching the Euro 2008 in HD and i can tell u that u will never go back to those normal free to air channel after watching these!! i hoped that the coming olympic also come in HD!!

We were, in fact, watching the opening match of the Euro 08 game and then realised that eh, it's not as clear as what we envisioned it to be! :( We changed the cable wires and it is slightly better now. At least more acceptable.

Is it weird to think that it'd get better as time goes by? Cos I know that for my previous LG tv, when we first got it, it was quite crap as well. Then now, it's a lot better. Either that, or we just got used to it. :rofl:

We were, in fact, watching the opening match of the Euro 08 game and then realised that eh, it's not as clear as what we envisioned it to be! :( We changed the cable wires and it is slightly better now. At least more acceptable.

Is it weird to think that it'd get better as time goes by? Cos I know that for my previous LG tv, when we first got it, it was quite crap as well. Then now, it's a lot better. Either that, or we just got used to it. :rofl:

Can't be?? as it supposed to be very clear.i watch through the channel 304 through hdmi cable connect the set box to my LCD tv, and not those preview 01 or channel 30.

Thanks for all your inputs and comments. We changed it to a monster cable and it has improved. I guess we'd just live with it and get used to it!

For those considering a tv, remember that larger doesn't mean better! :D

Thanks for all your inputs and comments. We changed it to a monster cable and it has improved. I guess we'd just live with it and get used to it!

For those considering a tv, remember that larger doesn't mean better! :D

I think there's a misconception to your statement above. Larger is definitely much better now due to better technology on large size LCD panels.

The current 46", 52" or even the 60" LCD panels have better "density" thus the pix mode will be much sharper.

Another trick to enhance your TV settings is to use good HDMI cables (for watching sources from DVD or Bluray player). For TV source, get a HD set up box.

I just fine tune my friend's Samsung series 6 52" LCD. All i can say, the pix quality is very chio. That will be my upgrade in about 2 months time.

Cheers all

Vince

With HDTV, there are many factors affecting your viewing experience of the TV.

One factor is viewing distance. Generally, your viewing distance should be between two to five times your screen width.

Personally, I think plasma do a better at displaying free-to-air channels, or standard definition TV.

http://www.practical-home-theater-guide.com/ is a good place to do some reading up.

If you want to save yourself a headache, just enjoy what you have lor.

we hv a 2 yr old samsung lcd as well...when we moved into our resale, the electrician who helped to hook up my TV said that that the cable point could be an illegal one by the ex-owner. but he did it anyways, and when the pic quality wasnt so good, fiddled with some box in the corridor to sharpen the pic. it worked, but we were only trying it on one channel. later realised there was some fuzz lines across the screen which only affected Ch5. we don't hv SCV but we were using the same point for our cable modem, so there was a splitter. decided to move the modem elsewhere, take out the splitter and pic quality has improved.

i don't really appreciate HDTV nor see the need to have it, would much rather pay for QUALITY programmes than watch re-runs so i can tolerate a few fuzzlines here and there.

I also own a 37" Samsung LCD. Bought less than 6mths. Fuzzy lines are appearing intermittently on CH5 only. At first was quite confirm it is Starhub cable signal problem after confirmation from Shop Towkay and Samsung contractor. But i was wrong lor, the fuzzy lines did not appear at that time.

When Starhub contractor came and test on MATV(Mediacorp antenna), fuzzy also appears. So it is the TV problem...wasted $31.20!! :bangwall:

But if you are on Starhub Digital cable, you won't be able to see these lines.

Most likely transmitter problem from LCD TV.

Already contacted Samsung to die die must rectify.. :notti: