Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lxiul

Maintenance Of Glass Doors

hi hi me trying to find out what are the pros and cons and maintenance of doing sandblast sliding door for kitchen.

my ID told me he'll be using frosted sticker instead of actual sandblast as he said its easier to wipe.

which i also not sure why..is it becuz sandblast one side is rough and dirt sticks like crazy?

but one thing he mention which i agree was i can change design if i dun like next time as the sticker can remove.unlike sandblast which is permanent. which quite true...

can you guys share with me how is the maintenance of ur glass doors?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

actually sandblast is the cost. extra work = higher cost.

frosted sticker is abit easier to wipe compared to sandblast. Coz frosted sticker is a matt but smooth surface. While sandblast is a random rough surface. If say I use a marker to write on both surface, chances are u can remove 99%-100% of stain on frosted sticker as compared to 80% on sandblast. Easiest to wipe is normal glass :thumbs up:

go for frosted sticker if your house got kids.

ya at first i got it was quite cheap to choose sticker..

even though me no kids now..hee..but after weighing on pros of maintenance on sticker..maybe i may go for it afterall.

i'll ask to paste sticker on the outside door. inside exposed more to oil and grime. smooth surface should be easier to wipe and clean.

thanks for ur advice! :)

Can use frosted sticker with motif design to paste on the outside of the door. I am thinking of doing that to the glass panel separating my kitchen and dining area. Think can buy from DIY shop and ask your contractor to help you paste lar.

my quote for glass door already include sandblast design. Just that he few wks ago then tell me he is gg to use sticker designs instead. so now i duno where to find nice designs so that he can make for me..

his design is to split the door into 3 big sections.big stripee across the centre of the sliding door and 2 stripes one at the top and one at bottom of the fix panel. so when door is open the whole piece looks frosted.

For clear glass doors between the Kitchen and Living, it is best to put some opaque design stickers or something to avoid someone smacking into it :)

hee u mean even one big stripe in the middle also wil have people smack into the door? :P

then i must research more designs now.

oh no! in btw renovation no idea when it happened, i found a 10cm scratch on my clear sliding glass door while doing cleaning. It can be felt very obvious with the fingers. the flat not handover to me yet..

Anyone noe how to resolve tis prob? can polish or not?? i duno who scratch it...sigh..

any problem with the scratch over time?

oh no! in btw renovation no idea when it happened, i found a 10cm scratch on my clear sliding glass door while doing cleaning. It can be felt very obvious with the fingers. the flat not handover to me yet..

Anyone noe how to resolve tis prob? can polish or not?? i duno who scratch it...sigh..

any problem with the scratch over time?

Ask your ID to replace a new piece for you?

Ask your ID to replace a new piece for you?

possible but i tink its too much hassle to replace. cuz its just a 10cm scratch and not really visible unless i sit down infront of it. trying to see if he can get the glass ppl to polish and buff it instead. shld be more cost efficient.. anyone polish before? not sure if its ex.. need to know market price..next time can make use of the service myself if along the way it gets too many scratches..