Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
zhong

Hdb Replaced Miscoloured Tiles For Me - What Should I Do?

DSC00188.jpg

Hi guys,

I have just acquired a new 5 room premium flat and have found some chipped parquet

I notified the service centre and HDB sent someone to replace the chipped tile

To my horror, I realised that the tile colour is very OFF

The picture speaks for itself

I notified the service centre person again and he said that nothing can be done about it and he flatly refused to do anything about it.

Disclaimer: I am not extremely anal as I understand that the original tiles has been laid quite some time back, but I believe this is too drastic a colour tone difference to overlook

Please advise what I can do about this

Thanks,

Zhong

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Zhong,

In my experience, the BSC people are just contractors whom can't be bother and just try to push you to accept shoddy work. BUT if you email the photos and a long letter about the 'service' you got to your technical officer (HDB branch office) and cc the other admin officer in charge (log in your HDB web page for the names and emails of these 2). Then you can fight for the job to be properly done.

Tell them if they run out of the correct colour then replace the whole house to match that one they replaced lor!!! :notti:

oh dear.. anyways, i remember somewhere in this forum got a link to te HDB page , inside are all the emails and ph nos of the management u can complain shoddy work of ur contractor to. but i forgot where i saw it liao. if u happen to find it can let me knw again/ tia!

go to myhdbpage in www.hdb.gov.sg

logon and write a email to your technical officer in charge - best if you can get a good camera and take a good shot of the tile and post the link to the pic in your email.

this way - the email routes to the HQ, then to branch management, then to your TO. And they have to OPEN a case for it.

Mind you - we are not paying $1 dollar or $2 dollars for this pigeon house, we are paying hundreds of thousands for it!!!!!!!

Edited by MaCe

Hi TS,

i just received this frm HDB in my Email:

http://app.orc.gov.sg/Home.aspx

it is an electronic reporting service for members of the public to lodge reports to government agencies, without having to know which agency is in-charge of a particular issue. Currently, 11 agencies are participating in the ORC. maybe u will need it?

Hi all,

The HDB estate manager came over today and did a joint inspection

For the hollow tiles at the corner, he suggested drilling a hole and fill up with glue beneath which should suffice

as for the off colour tile, he said he would change a parquet of a more similar tone, but as it is a single rectified piece, the perimeter of the parquet would have a slightly larger filled gap, meaning they have to cut the parquet slightly smaller to replace that off color one so to allow it to fit in

Any views on the above rectification?

I am not too sure about the drilled parquet to fill with glue part :(

Edited by zhong

Hi all,

The HDB estate manager came over today and did a joint inspection

For the hollow tiles at the corner, he suggested drilling a hole and fill up with glue beneath which should suffice

as for the off colour tile, he said he would change a parquet of a more similar tone, but as it is a single rectified piece, the perimeter of the parquet would have a slightly larger filled gap, meaning they have to cut the parquet slightly smaller to replace that off color one so to allow it to fit in

Hi Zhong,

As usual this will be their tactics, to scare/persude you to give and take and accept sub-standard work.

I suggest to take better close-ups of your miscoloured piece now. If they have no problems fitting this piece in properly now, I don't see why cannot replace it again with a correct coloured one properly. Tell them bring more pieces in case need to remove more than one to ensure a proper job since they were the one whom screwed up the first time.

As for the hollow tiles, I dunno. Are they giving you any guarantee/warranty? What will you be having above those later? You must think whether will have any potential problems then decide whether to accept their suggestion. Since must replace miscoloured one, why cannot replace the hollows ones too. In any case take effort to take lots of good quality photos showing the workmanship before and after any work so that you got proof to fight if they give shoddy work.

For my case, my new flat's main door which is a fire door had a huge chip at the peephole, I wrote to them with photos to demand for a new door because nobody will be able to make any type of filler look like wood veneer. They (the BSC contractors) insisted that they can fill it up with putty so I let them try, the first time the depression was still there and the patch turn up orangey. I complained and after a 2nd attempt it became worse. So I made **** lots of noise and demanded (with photos evidence) a new door and told them not to waste my time on repairs/joint inspections liao. They then try to scare me by saying the door need few months, I said fine and ask them whether new door will match the side panel. The contractor said no, so I promptly shot a email to technical officer to ask that both be replaced together and ensure a colour match. I told them that the door is worth about $1.3K and it's not like I paid less than my 1200+ neighbours in the whole block so why should I accept any sub-standard retification?

:dunno: why dont you ask them this - will you do this if this house belongs to you?

simi drill hole and fill glue???

:dunno: why dont you ask them this - will you do this if this house belongs to you?

simi drill hole and fill glue???

just an update

I just did my chemical wash for my house and did a closer inspection with my wife

we found at least 60 hollow sounding areas, giving a benefit of a doubt, min. easily 30 for JUST the masterbedroom alone. we decided not to check the other 2 rooms as we expect it to be similar.

there are some that even creaks when i walk over them..

2nd inspection, my ID was there as I was not able to take leave

still refuse to change, insist on filling with glue

we told our ID that we are not going to accept that... the HDB fella say will go back discuss then let us know

this is becoming absurb.... :furious:

comparing your building service center (BSC), mine was better. I reported hollow tiles, At least they came and see the tiles have a slight different shade, they left the tile there for me to see. If ok, then inform them to proceed.

same here, I wouldn't accept those hollow tiles.