Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wuga98

Bathroom Wall Tiling Height

not sure if they is any truth to this but sounds logical, my contractor mentioned that the height they will tile for the batroom wall is 2.4M? As i have ceiling height as high as 3.2M, do people tiled this all the way to the false ceiling and does it look better? just checking if you folks have an opinion on this one. Thanks

:dunno:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You can do anything if you are willing to pay for it. The contractor prob means that his standard pricing is based on 2.4m height, more than that is extra $$$.

will it make any difference other than the $, to tile to 2.4M versus 3.2M?

You can do anything if you are willing to pay for it. The contractor prob means that his standard pricing is based on 2.4m height, more than that is extra $$$.

will it make any difference other than the $, to tile to 2.4M versus 3.2M?

of course got difference la!!

extra height means extra tiles to buy.

extra height means more labour cost.

Visually i would think full-height wall tile would look more complete. Tiling up to 2.4m with the topmost finished with paints seems to look a bit dated. Unless the designer has some nice plan to make it look nice.

I see some condo showflats nowadays, the toilets have the walls of the dry areas tiled halfway only. The top part is covered with either textured paint or wallpaper. Seemed to be the latest trend leh, full tiles are passe and boring liao.

I did ask about the wallpaper, won't peel off meh?? Apparently nowadays got new type of wallpaper glue that can withstand mild, indirect steam, eg from showers/bathtubs. If you use a steamer and aim directly at the wallpaper of course will peel off lah!

Safer way is to have full shower/bath screen, and/or with a window inside the shower/bath area.

not sure if they is any truth to this but sounds logical, my contractor mentioned that the height they will tile for the batroom wall is 2.4M? As i have ceiling height as high as 3.2M, do people tiled this all the way to the false ceiling and does it look better? just checking if you folks have an opinion on this one. Thanks

:dunno:

think no matter it is logical or not, i think it will look funny in ur bathroom if u do tile till 2.4m while ur ceiling is 3.2m. unless it is ur balcony or those wet areas service balcony at kitchen than it is ok to do half.

For toilet wise, i will ask them do all the way up. Is it, becos ur contractor did not see its 3.2m n than they already quote u the price? cos i knw tiler when do bathroom, they charge for standard price for HDB. but height is limited la. but ur case too high so they wanna charge but contractor cannot.........

i not sure abt the rules of HDB for toilets, u chk with them is it ok to do up to 3.2m ?

think no matter it is logical or not, i think it will look funny in ur bathroom if u do tile till 2.4m while ur ceiling is 3.2m. unless it is ur balcony or those wet areas service balcony at kitchen than it is ok to do half.

For toilet wise, i will ask them do all the way up. Is it, becos ur contractor did not see its 3.2m n than they already quote u the price? cos i knw tiler when do bathroom, they charge for standard price for HDB. but height is limited la. but ur case too high so they wanna charge but contractor cannot.........

i not sure abt the rules of HDB for toilets, u chk with them is it ok to do up to 3.2m ?

my ceiling height is 2.85m, but ID oso going to tile all de way up wor. leaving some gap in btw at de top is wierd? juz pay n dey wil do deir wk