Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aves

Our Castle In The Sky

Anyway, I can share my quote with you - no problem. It's hand-written though so I gotta type it out for you - haha :)

that'll be so great. TIA

anyway we also not looking to do something very complex, probably same as u

hack all the floor and wall tiles and lay new one of the whole house

kitchen cabinets

MBR wardrobe

rewire and electrical points

change 3x bedroom doors, 2 x washroom doors

do up some sliding door to seperate kitchen from living cos the storeroom has been hacked away so its open kitchen concept now.

Optional stuff:

guest room wardrobe

study room storage

tv wall feature / tv console

shoe cabinet

but we'd still probably get an ID cos they will do all the coordination with contractors and supervising or projects. both me and my wife-to-be are working so really cant afford to supervise contractors. at the same time hope ID can give us some idea + themes to make our home nicer

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Di!

congrats on your first flat. ur biggest "investment" so far.

ur floor layout is good. not many corners so it should be not bad in terms of fengshui

do rem to ask me for advice on anything & everything hor

Jie

Edited by lhscath

How I wish my MBR layout is same as yurs... at least ur toilet does not eat into the space of ur MBR... U can built walk-in-wardrobe or a large wardrobe unlike mine..

Agreed with Sooch tt this forum is helpful to many ppl.... me also selected my ID after reading this forum...

soo, work hard n read hard in order to source a realiable ID/Contractor. All the best!!

hello aves~

my flat also 4S 84sqm, same layout as yours, but opposite direction.. :)

where is ur flat located? really total mirror image of mine sia! haha

where is ur flat located? really total mirror image of mine sia! haha

It's at Serangoon Ave 3. Hehe. Maybe they are built at around the same time so layout about the same. XD

Look forward to your blog updates ^^

Visited 3 ID firms on Saturday. Here's the summary:

Tau Interior - Was served by Kelvin after going in awhile cos he was busy with another person and there was no one else there. Practical and straightforward guy on first impression. Doesn't feel like he's much of a designer tho because there were not much design/layout input from him. Quote already came back yesterday and included everything we actually asked for plus those required things we didn't know about. Promised to give more discounts after confirmation and will also bring us to see a flat he is doing in pasir ris when its complete.

Ideal House - Walked in and there were quite a few other customers there. No one seems interested to serve us initially but after a while, someone came. Not much ideas or recommendations or anything. Just ask us what we want, our basic design concept then bye bye. We'll see how the quote is like first since Ideal House is so highly recommended. Cant really remember the name. Terrance or something? Will update after I check the namecards.

A&D - Served by Raymond. Seems very knowledgeable and experienced. Can feel that he knows what he is doing and offered some ideas on how to plan the layout and what can be done or what could be better. Some advice from him which we didnt even hear about or thought of when we visited the prev 2 ID firms. However, the impression and cues he gave was that it is not going to be cheap. We'll see how it goes when the quotation comes.

Anyone got any feedbacks about these 3 IDs?

Aves: Yep visited both Ideal House and A&D. Same nobody bothered treatment at Ideal House (I think they have too much business on hand) and eventually got a young chap to discuss for about 30 minutes. He was suppose to get back to us with a quote but = nothing with no follow-up. A&D is a different case, we were served immediately and the service staff was knowledgeable and could understanding our theme and concepts as we explained. The quote came back within 3 days but unfortunately was a little on the high-side.

Visited 3 ID firms on Saturday. Here's the summary:

Tau Interior - Was served by Kelvin after going in awhile cos he was busy with another person and there was no one else there. Practical and straightforward guy on first impression. Doesn't feel like he's much of a designer tho because there were not much design/layout input from him. Quote already came back yesterday and included everything we actually asked for plus those required things we didn't know about. Promised to give more discounts after confirmation and will also bring us to see a flat he is doing in pasir ris when its complete.

Ideal House - Walked in and there were quite a few other customers there. No one seems interested to serve us initially but after a while, someone came. Not much ideas or recommendations or anything. Just ask us what we want, our basic design concept then bye bye. We'll see how the quote is like first since Ideal House is so highly recommended. Cant really remember the name. Terrance or something? Will update after I check the namecards.

A&D - Served by Raymond. Seems very knowledgeable and experienced. Can feel that he knows what he is doing and offered some ideas on how to plan the layout and what can be done or what could be better. Some advice from him which we didnt even hear about or thought of when we visited the prev 2 ID firms. However, the impression and cues he gave was that it is not going to be cheap. We'll see how it goes when the quotation comes.

Anyone got any feedbacks about these 3 IDs?

Aves: Yep visited both Ideal House and A&D. Same nobody bothered treatment at Ideal House (I think they have too much business on hand) and eventually got a young chap to discuss for about 30 minutes. He was suppose to get back to us with a quote but = nothing with no follow-up. A&D is a different case, we were served immediately and the service staff was knowledgeable and could understanding our theme and concepts as we explained. The quote came back within 3 days but unfortunately was a little on the high-side.

May i know who serve u at A&D?

Btw, if u express your interest pricing is highly negotiable, juz press down the prices and express your interest.

May i know who serve u at A&D?

Btw, if u express your interest pricing is highly negotiable, juz press down the prices and express your interest.

hmmm are u from A&D? :P

Yeah so I understand the forum is also frequented by ID/Contractor companies too.. which is why I try not to make mention of names. Anyway my point is meant for aves and only for sharing of like experience.

hmmm are u from A&D? :P

Yeah so I understand the forum is also frequented by ID/Contractor companies too.. which is why I try not to make mention of names. Anyway my point is meant for aves and only for sharing of like experience.

thanks for sharing. maybe ideal house too busy thanks to the forum recommendations so they dun have time to deal with walk-ins anymore.

and yea.. too many 'ghosts' in the forum makes me abit scared and wary about the recommendations... sigh..

hi aves

i haven't been to my house in 2 weeks already. very busy. thought i share some pics, your kitchen should be like mine...

f_n6960170776m_00e7902.jpg

i told you about the hand-drawings :)

f_n6960170776m_4108b84.jpg

hi aves

i haven't been to my house in 2 weeks already. very busy. thought i share some pics, your kitchen should be like mine...

f_n6960170776m_00e7902.jpg

i told you about the hand-drawings :)

f_n6960170776m_4108b84.jpg

hehe nice. any floorplan layout for reference. we are thinking of using the ex storeroom area as dining. where u gonna place ur TV console or feature wall?

I don't have my floorplan scanned, see if my HTB wants to do that - heheh.

My dining will be left-hand side in the kitchen if you look at the first picture i posted. will place table agt wall.

My TV console will be against the wall of bedroom 3, but my living room's bigger so the door's in the middle of the living room. will have space to put my console n couch there. the other half of my living room i intend to have a small cosy corner with throw cushions, carpet and a small table perhaps :)

Edited by sooch