Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aves

Our Castle In The Sky

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

:> saw your blog, I'll be getting a red kitchen too! it's a darker red with grey solid top, will post pictures when ready...

Visited 3 ID firms on Saturday. Here's the summary:

Tau Interior - Was served by Kelvin after going in awhile cos he was busy with another person and there was no one else there. Practical and straightforward guy on first impression. Doesn't feel like he's much of a designer tho because there were not much design/layout input from him. Quote already came back yesterday and included everything we actually asked for plus those required things we didn't know about. Promised to give more discounts after confirmation and will also bring us to see a flat he is doing in pasir ris when its complete.

Ideal House - Walked in and there were quite a few other customers there. No one seems interested to serve us initially but after a while, someone came. Not much ideas or recommendations or anything. Just ask us what we want, our basic design concept then bye bye. We'll see how the quote is like first since Ideal House is so highly recommended. Cant really remember the name. Terrance or something? Will update after I check the namecards.

A&D - Served by Raymond. Seems very knowledgeable and experienced. Can feel that he knows what he is doing and offered some ideas on how to plan the layout and what can be done or what could be better. Some advice from him which we didnt even hear about or thought of when we visited the prev 2 ID firms. However, the impression and cues he gave was that it is not going to be cheap. We'll see how it goes when the quotation comes.

Anyone got any feedbacks about these 3 IDs?

Nothing much to update so I guess I'll just addon to the IDs I've visited or got quotes from:

Ideal House - I sent in a web form prior to going down and guess what, Johnny from Idealhouse responded. I'm pretty surprised that he was the one to respond since he seems to be rather famous here on the forums and probably swamped with projects? Have not met him yet but from the good reviews, will definitely KIV.

Intradesign - Went there after setting an appt about a week in advance to meet up with Dave. Reached there on time and the place was really full of ppl... Dave was busy attending to someone else so I was served by another guy. Can't remember the name. Offered good ideas and was very friendly. Said Dave will get back to me with the quote and layout design. Still rather curious how appointments are handled there tho cos I already made an appointment with him quite a few days in advance... end up don't even know which one is him.

Baroque - Went on the same day as intradesign but the situation there was rather contrasting. No customers at all so we went on and discussed quite alot about our renovation plans with Mike. Gave some practical advice about renovation and explained some things which we didnt really know about too.

Ho Bee - Didn't manage to meet with Patrick as he was super busy. Was asked to mail in the floorplan and things to be done for quotes. Took quite long (+1 reminder) for quote to come in. Prices compared to IDs quotes varies alot. Some items are much more expensive and some items are much cheaper. However, overall costs for those things we deem necessary is still more expensive than IDs. Might give him a miss considering that he is so busy + budget can't fit. We'll see how it goes.

Moss Emmanual - Went to their booth at Singapore Expo. Package was quite expensive already but still discussed my plans with the ID called queenie. Not much constructive input but learned that we could do cement screeding for toilet + kitchen walls without hacking and do overlay for kitchen + toilet floor tiles. Sounds like an idea to save on the budget. hehe

Unimax - Served by Edwin. Showed us some basic stuff like what is ABS trimming and why their workmanship is better compared to others. Give some slight pressure to sign up for their kitchen cabinet promotion which was quite cheap for the cabinet at 69pfr but alot of the 'standard freebies' like 2x frosted glass, dish rack, cutlery tray all these need to top up. solid top supposed to be on promo but still not cheap imo. said he will show us the 3d drawings next time when the quote is out. insist that he wun give quote without 3d drawing cos he is a designer and wants ppl to see his designs first before deciding.

Imag* Cr*ativ* - Was wowed by their 'showflat' they built in expo. Really very Kua zhang and elaborate. Was served by a lady called akiko or something. Don't really feel good when communicating with her cos she seems rather reserved and only asked us what we want. and only 'propose' those standard things like where my wardrobe in MBR should be but I guess the layout already confirm only can put wardrobe there? :P

***** Intl - Walk past their booth and all the 'IDs' standing there look very young and semi 'bengish'. Was invited to take a look at their packages but the person serving me obviously lacks experience or even any knowledge. Eventually, the director came along to talk to us and started preaching to us about his 30 yrs company, RADAC, ISO, etc. Gave quotes on the spot but the information lacks any details cos the package printed was rather ambiguous. I asked about the details but he just said this kind of thing give and take, no need to put on print. Gave me a discount off their package cos I complained my is 4s and compared to 4A etc, my package should be cheaper. In the end everything met my expectations but I remember all the advice here in the forum which is not to sign at any exhibition. However, they kept pressuring me about it despite me going to lengths to explain that I need time to consider... Finally 'let me go' in the end asking me to commit the next day. Glad I didn't cos I found out much about this company's way of business and service attitude after researching on the forum :P

:> saw your blog, I'll be getting a red kitchen too! it's a darker red with grey solid top, will post pictures when ready...

thats cool. Look forward to your pictures

Take your time to search and find one you are comfortable with.

We went for an impromptu visit to confirm some things' condition like toilet windows, door conditions etc. Owner was kind enough to let us take some pics of the current condition of the house. However, no room pics as there the kids were sleeping already.

Common Toilet

1.jpg

Ugly piping above common toilet entrance.

2.jpg

Entrance to the flat

4.jpg

TV area

3.jpg

Kitchen area

5.jpg

More pics...

Ventilation on top of door frames... need to cover up

6.jpg

Main door and gate in good condition

7.jpg

Windows and grills in good condition

8.jpg

Edited by aves

and something not totally related to reno but alot of our reno have to take them into consideration like cant have laminate floorings, cant paint white wall, cant take totally white homo tiles, need glass door for kitchen, etc....

Our furkids!

doggie.jpg

doggie01.jpg

tootsie.jpg

tootsie01.jpg

fight.jpg

Edited by aves

Wow!! U got 2 furkids as well :dancingqueen::dancingqueen: .... Planning anything in the hse for them?

well as mentioned alot of things also take into consideration for them like tiles and walls cos scared they pee and stain the tiles or cause laminates to pop out etc... doors also another problem cos they might scratch the doors... :(

unfortunately we did plan something for them which is not to their liking. LOL. a glass door to separate the kitchen and living area so that they will be jailed in the kitchen when we not around... :P

they will scratch the glass.

Trust me.

will meh. nowadays we keep them in the backyard when we are out for work. the yard door is glass, so far no scratches leh...

well as mentioned alot of things also take into consideration for them like tiles and walls cos scared they pee and stain the tiles or cause laminates to pop out etc... doors also another problem cos they might scratch the doors... :(

unfortunately we did plan something for them which is not to their liking. LOL. a glass door to separate the kitchen and living area so that they will be jailed in the kitchen when we not around... :P

haha..that was what i did for my kitchen .....put up a glass door....used to put up a baby gate..but glass door looks so much better...

haha..that was what i did for my kitchen .....put up a glass door....used to put up a baby gate..but glass door looks so much better...

sooo... has ur dogs scratch ur door yet? i also afraid of scratches thats why i chose glass... u know when i close them in, they will jump towards the door and scratch scratch with their front legs? -_-"

will meh. nowadays we keep them in the backyard when we are out for work. the yard door is glass, so far no scratches leh...

wah.. then your dogs are very kwai.. mine is terrible. I keep my in the balcony when we are out. sometimes I just leave him in the house.