Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aves

Our Castle In The Sky

well as mentioned alot of things also take into consideration for them like tiles and walls cos scared they pee and stain the tiles or cause laminates to pop out etc... doors also another problem cos they might scratch the doors... :(

unfortunately we did plan something for them which is not to their liking. LOL. a glass door to separate the kitchen and living area so that they will be jailed in the kitchen when we not around... :P

Hahaha... know what u mean... no laminates for me too but for me, I'm lucky that they dun scratch things....

So their cosy corner will be in the kitchen :P Quite a number of forumers here are dog lovers... guess we can organize a gathering one of these days :yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi both! your furkids very cute! :)

i have the same problem with the ventilation holes above the doors, have to make do with all the piping too...sigh...

my contractor has offered to cover the ventilation holes up for me at $80 per door (i've got 2 to cover) and it will look like normal wall. But my future father-in-law wants us to save some money and asked the aircon person to put up wooden boards for free to cover the ventilation holes!?! help! i'm going to take a look tomorrow.......

erm if air con person do maybe will be free? but i think it'll be rather ugly.

im getting the IDs to do it. think they will use gysum board and plaster to make it look like wall. so far quotes for per ventilation range from 50 to 100 to board up.

haha..my reno not finished yet.....so glass door not up...

but now i have some problems installing the glass door, so might be using back the baby gate again...still waiting for the ID to get back to me...

erm if air con person do maybe will be free? but i think it'll be rather ugly.

im getting the IDs to do it. think they will use gysum board and plaster to make it look like wall. so far quotes for per ventilation range from 50 to 100 to board up.

yeh, I thought $80 is quite reasonable...

ya i think $80 is ok la. alot also quote $100ea. only 1 so far quote us $50ea. After deciding to spend so much money to make your house nice nice. think its worth it to pay another $100-200 for this. else it will be an eyesore :P

your flat layout is exactly the same as my in-laws place.. where I usually spend my weekends there :sport-smiley-018:

The layout is very efficient and therefore the place can actually be quite spacious, especially the kitchen and master bedroom. :good:

hihi, finally have time to ransack your blog..heheheh :notti:

your yorkie very cute or silky huh? sorry cannot tell these 2 breeds apart 8|

read about the glass door that you all are talking about..actually i have a sliding glass door to separate the living and kitchen and also for the purpose of keeping my 2 devils in the kitchen while we are out..

this is the 4th day in new house and on the 1st & 2nd got to keep them in kitchen while deliveries came...

my dogs so kanchiong that he keeps on digging the underneath and side of the glass door (just like trying to open it with their method) i see the whole glass door shaking so vigorously man..so scare that they will pull down my door... :jawdrop: but Roy said is safe la so trust him lor..

so far no scratches as my boy "dig" few times liao and keep on "singing = whining" when husband put them there.....

eh my house also have the so called ventilation hole but got sealed up with concrete or brick (cant remember) leh, no extra charges for me cos i changed the door frame and door as well..maybe you can ask your ID (if any ) about the extra charges?

hey babytan, thanks for dropping by.

mine is a yorkshire + pomeranian mix. hehe

hmm thanks for sharing your glass door story with us. come to think of it, i also dunno if swing door will have problem. cos of budget i think we'd probably go with swing door but scared they can open... not sure but should be heavy enough not to be opened right? anyone knows?

as for ventilation, we thinking of not changing frame so i doubt can seal up the top for free ba... at first i tot just dun tell id then when they come ask them do for free...but i scared end up gotta top up and burst my budget...

yours looked more like yorkie, nvm mixed with wat la..we still love them :wub:

swing door will be cheaper cos dun need the top track (let me check my quote.. :notti: )

i think not so expensive la, see the half glass fixed and sliding door from my picture right? with top hung track i paid $1100..so i guess if only door should be $700-800??

say if swing door, think my shower door cost less than $500 (but is frosted..not sure clear glass and frosted got price difference or not) btw the swing door quite heavy, dun think they can open :sport-smiley-004:

you just changing the door only right? then you just ask ID to seal up the ventilation..if you never say they dun do, if you say, they charge you..soo.....hmmm but i think the seal-up will not be very expensive..like mine, i just told Roy to do watever necessary and i dun think that he will charge me for that....

those items that i need to top $, he will tell me beforehand, those that he never say, he dun charge me....frankly a very sincere guy :good: until now he also no time to collect last 10% from me..hope he will forget :sport-smiley-004:

btw, how much your reno budget? you intend to overhaul?

Edited by babytan

yup changing door only. frame quite expensive leh. seal up the top vents only 50-100$ per door from various quotes.

yup we doing overhaul... hoping to be < 30k including electrical

so far most of the quotes we got only can hit this target when we don't do any built in in the living room except one we can afford to do featurewall+console+shoe cabinet and still be in budget...