Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aves

Our Castle In The Sky

nope. they will inform u by post. or u can check the myhdb thingy regularly to see if they update the appt date.

Mine now on myhdbpage it states

Estimated completion date: 2nd half of September

hmm, that's around 5 to 6 weeks. I believe you can request for the earliest date by writing in or telling the officer during the first appointment. Mine first is on 5 Sep, hope mine 2nd can be around 1st week of Oct.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hey, havent been here a loooong time! remember not to compromise on quality of the works and opt for the more reliable contractor. you dun want to end up spending more money to fix what went wrong...there may be ways to save on your ROM - what do you intend to do? i think the house is more impt as it's going to be where you stay for the next XXX years...

are there also some things you can buy later for your house? for mine, it won't be fully furnished as we're buying only the essentials first, then slowly buy things like computer, work table etc etc..

we also same lor. think we will have a totally empty living and dining room when we move in. slowly then buy tv, sofa, dining table, coffetables etc.

even bedframe also maybe not getting first. just sleep on mattress laid on the floor. lol

those die die must get one then we get like hob and hood, aircon, fridge, etc. the rest can slowly buy when we find something we like and at a good bargain.

Guess we are all in the same boat. :yamseng:

My 2nd appt also in 2nd half of Sept. :sport-smiley-004:

1) Aircon - System 4 - 4k

2) Rerun all electrical wires (12 yrs flat) 3.5k

3) Pipping - 1k

4) Toilet Bowl - 2 Toilets - 500

5) Flooring for 2 Toilets & service balcony - 2.5k

6) Lightings -2k

7) Hob & Sink - 1k

8) Box up ceiling for living hall & MBR - 1.5k

9) Shower Screen for 2 toilets - 1.5k

10) Sliding glass door for Kitchen - 1k

I put my estimates based on my own experiences. you do the maths yourself. hehe

disclaimer: some prices may vary alot depending on what brands and models u choose.

Hi aves,

Thanks for the info. Any good contractor to recommend? :good:

Hi aves,

Thanks for the info. Any good contractor to recommend? :good:

heh plenty of contacts in this forum for u to explore. cant recommend any as i myself have yet to select my ID

Edited by aves

1) Aircon - System 4 - 4k

2) Rerun all electrical wires (12 yrs flat) 3.5k

3) Pipping - 1k

5) Flooring for 2 Toilets & service balcony - 2.5k

6) Lightings -2k

7) Hob & Sink - 1k

8) Box up ceiling for living hall & MBR - 1.5k

9) Shower Screen for 2 toilets - 1.5k

10) Sliding glass door for Kitchen - 1k

I put my estimates based on my own experiences. you do the maths yourself. hehe

disclaimer: some prices may vary alot depending on what brands and models u choose.

hey, let me share mine:

1) Aircon - System 3 - 2.2k Daikin

2) Rerun all electrical wires (19 yrs flat) 2k

3) Pipping - 1k

5) Flooring for 2 Toilets & service balcony - mine's entire flooring so cost more...

6) Lightings - 600 (very simple lights!)

7) Hob & hood - 600

8) Box up ceiling for living hall & MBR - none

9) Shower Screen for 2 toilets - none

10) Sliding glass door for Kitchen - none

in the end, I spend abt $35K for renovate my whole house, changed all the doors, flooring etc etc...all cannot see one...only carpentry I did are for kitchen cabinet, display case in living room, and MBR wardrobe.

Been long since there was any update. Basically we're now just waiting for completion then we will start bringing the final IDs up to view and give us a final quote + ideas. Don't want to 'trouble' the owners now cos we are still officially owners but after completion and during the extension, i think i will feel more comfortable going up to 'my own' house even tho they are staying there.

Anyway, CPF money have been emptied but completion date still not confirmed. Already more than 2 weeks from 1st appt liao. Wondering when we can get the actual completion date...

Wait wait wait... :)

Completion is over. Owner said they will move out after their nephew has completed PSLE which means OCT 8 they will start moving or something like that. Hopefully, can finish by OCT 11 and handover? Hehe...

Anyway, we have a problem now. My MIL wants to give us some furniture ie sofa, coffee table, dining tables + chairs, tv console, washing machine and fridge to use in our new house. The thing is, she needs to have the items out of her house by 22 Oct cos that unit will be rented out and the tenants don't want the items.

Wonder if the ID will be able to work with those items in the house? Anyone with experience on this? Or should I find a storage company to store those items? Any recommendations for storage space/company?

Completion is over. Owner said they will move out after their nephew has completed PSLE which means OCT 8 they will start moving or something like that. Hopefully, can finish by OCT 11 and handover? Hehe...

Anyway, we have a problem now. My MIL wants to give us some furniture ie sofa, coffee table, dining tables + chairs, tv console, washing machine and fridge to use in our new house. The thing is, she needs to have the items out of her house by 22 Oct cos that unit will be rented out and the tenants don't want the items.

Wonder if the ID will be able to work with those items in the house? Anyone with experience on this? Or should I find a storage company to store those items? Any recommendations for storage space/company?

Maybe you'll like to consider renting storage space outside.

http://www.store-it.com.sg/storeit_contact.html

My friend renting a space for about $260 per month. Size can't remember but shld be big enuf as he's in the midst of shifting house so his stuff all put in there while he stay with his MIL.

yea actually went through quite a few companies on the net. so far all must call/visit to quote but i also duno how much space i need... sigh... 200+ per month + all the logistic cost to arrange to move things in and out.... wonder if it's worth all the $$ and trouble... :(

Did some planning for the kitchen. Think we kinda decided that a chimney hood is not very useful for us considering we don't even cook much except maggi mee. Also, its much more expensive than a slim hood and eats up our storage space. Some ID also told us the 'backing' part of the chimney hood will be counted as kitchen cabinet.

so so so. I went ahead to make some 3D drawings of my kitchen. Its more or less just space planning since I have not much idea on how to render the 'textures' and stuff...

one problem we have here is the fridge. you see my future MIL is giving us her fridge but its very small. we were planning on something bigger... so now, im not sure if i should leave a bigger space for a bigger fridge... if i leave a space now, it'll be ugly. if i don't i can't upgrade the fridge anymore. what do you guys think...

kitchen1.jpg

kitchen2.jpg

Edited by aves

do you forsee that you will cook more often next time?

It's better to allocate more space than to regret it next time...

is the fridge your MIL giving to you in good condition?

transporting of fridge also very impt... pack well when transporting... :)

We dont forsee ourselves cooking much and even if we do. i dont think we need that much space. Therefore, we have come out with a new layout for the kitchen and dining as depicted below...

kitchenV2.jpg

Also, think i have not updated that I have found a new ID and is in the midst of arranging with him the quotation. Well is he actually my friend and I met him during one wedding dinner around last month. He told me he is doing ID now and I thought why not let him give me a quote and see how things goes... He will be emailing me the quote tonight... He mentioned that the stuff I need to do will cost around approx 26 or 27k... Well, If really 3k cheaper I think it's worth a shot... And of course I can click with him quite ok since he is my friend...

The downside of course is that since he is my friend, may be difficult if there is anything I disagree on but the same goes on his side too I guess... And yea he has only done renovations for around 1-2yrs?

Will see how the quote is then I shall decide...

why do you want to keep / separate the space out from the kitchen?

i agreed with koikoi that, its better to cater more space for kitchen.

you might not want to cook now.

but in future, after you have kids etc, you might want to cook for your family.

you know, to see the way they finish up your food is great! =)

think further as you will be staying in this house for quite a period.

design not for your current status nia.... =)

my flat also 4S 84sqm, same layout as yours, but opposite direction.. :)

FloorPlan.jpg

almost same as my mother's place, only the 'directions' of the toilet are diff...

a place which i have stayed for 20yrs....

=)

Edited by X.H.LI