Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aves

Our Castle In The Sky

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Went up to take a look yesterday evening.

Tiling progress is good. Left 2 rooms floor tiles, kitchen floor tiles and all the skirting plus some small corners need to be filled up.

Heres some pics

Common toilet wall and floor tiles.

tiling01.jpg

Kitchen wall tiles, Cabinet side. Only middle part tiled cos the rest will be covered with cabinets :P

tiling03.jpg

Kitchen wall tiles exposed side. Notice the tiles are not purely white? That's cos its got some 'floral' or 'leafy' patterns on it. Looks like stains in the pics. :P

tiling04.jpg

This is one of the headache things we found after hacking. The hole below is the rubbish chute. There is a door on top hidden by carpentry previously. Now we gotta build our top kitchen cabinets all the way to the back to hide this ugly door. Apparently, this can only be found on top floors and according to HDB, this 'door' has to be kept accessible...

tiling02.jpg

Thats all for now

This is one of the headache things we found after hacking. The hole below is the rubbish chute. There is a door on top hidden by carpentry previously. Now we gotta build our top kitchen cabinets all the way to the back to hide this ugly door. Apparently, this can only be found on top floors and according to HDB, this 'door' has to be kept accessible...

tiling02.jpg

Thats all for now

wow. luckily my hm did not have this door though my unit is oso on the top floor :jawdrop:

Wah the subtle floral prints on the kitchen tiles very nice! Looks classy! I'm sure it'll look great once he gets cleaned up!

huh too bad about the door wor. Accessible for WHAT??? imagine if you put cabinet.. then.. how? The man going to climb through your cabinet meh??? pengs mad le they all.

seriously i have no idea but i guess its to access the rubbish chute? kinda lame imo and the lock and hinges give me the idea that it has nv been opened before for the whole 19yrs the flat been built.

we're still gonna 'seal' up the back portion of the cabinet either way. just pray that they wun need to access it. if need then need to break my cabinet liao :(

i also think its kinda weird la. but my id offer FOC extension. tho its still abit out...

putting a painting also kinda weird? and i really wan to seal it up cos i dun wan it to be the entrance point for pests and roaches

*pray hard also* it's just ridiculous I think. urgh.

Mwerkz your rubbish chute is outside one? maybe that's why dun have.

haha. i oso wish my rubbish chute was outside. too bad, mine's an old flat where de rubbish chute is within de house. 8|

i was saying luckily my flat dun have tat door cos i'm oso on de top floor :notti:

I was wondering.. I saw a few top floor units... 10+ when I was hunting.. also never notice. Maybe they are like you put cabinet... but.. Maybe they Dun care about HDB and tiled it up? :P

yea maybe other ppl dont care lor. i also ask my ID if can dun care. he say can but anything happen next time he wont be responsible lor. so i think better play it safe la.

anyway went up during the weekend to see. now only skirting for the rooms and living area. then the kerb for the kitchen cabinets need to be up before tiling the kitchen floor. plaster materials already up and plastering should start today...

also ordered our hood and hob from aerogaz. bought some other misc stuff like bread toaster, electric kettle, steamer, weighing machine and FOC 1 tower fan. :P almost $900 damage.

Edited by aves

Dining Light

light04.jpg

We got the same dinning light.

The hole at the kitchen to access the rubbish chute??

Access the rubbish chute for wat?? :bangwall::bangwall:

yea maybe other ppl dont care lor. i also ask my ID if can dun care. he say can but anything happen next time he wont be responsible lor. so i think better play it safe la.

anyway went up during the weekend to see. now only skirting for the rooms and living area. then the kerb for the kitchen cabinets need to be up before tiling the kitchen floor. plaster materials already up and plastering should start today...

also ordered our hood and hob from aerogaz. bought some other misc stuff like bread toaster, electric kettle, steamer, weighing machine and FOC 1 tower fan. :P almost $900 damage.

ya play safe better.. Cannot imagine if buy over the house and never hack.. then will never know if the door is there hiding below... URGH.

Wah seems like you bought quite a few things for $900 le!

ya aerogaz easy to bargain...

the bread toaster listed price 19.90, he gave us for 9.90 only

kettle 39.90 we got it for 29

weighing machine no idea but he offered 1 for $10 but we got 2 for $10, LOL

steamer forgot liao....

but but but.... the hob and hood i tot i remembered him quoting us for $699 some time ago but he put $799....

i think overall still good deal considering 2 cooker induction hob + slim hood. induction hob if any other brand already easily $900 and above liao.