Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jeddie

A Qn For Owners Of Suspended Cabinets...

Hi

would like to find out from fellow forumers if the base your suspended cabinets (kitchen and tv console), what kind of finishing is it? Laminates, polyken/white pvc or just plain plywood?

I meant the surface facing the floor...

TIA...

Edited by jeddie

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi

would like to find out from fellow forumers if the base your suspended cabinets (kitchen and tv console), what kind of finishing is it? Laminates, polyken/white pvc or just plain plywood?

TIA...

Mine is plain plywood.

Hi

TIA...

Living room TV console, laminates

Kitchen not suspended, but resting on tiles, it should be exposed wood.

I had my TV console made recently. It originally came with white surface, most likely paper like material. But after I complained, they pasted the laminate over it. I mean they charged me by per feet basis, don't they dare give me a sub-standard thing. Still they initially gave me the crab reason that that surface nobody will go and see. 8|

I had my TV console made recently. It originally came with white surface, most likely paper like material. But after I complained, they pasted the laminate over it. I mean they charged me by per feet basis, don't they dare give me a sub-standard thing. Still they initially gave me the crab reason that that surface nobody will go and see. 8|

i got that answer too..they are charging me $400 to do laminate on the outer base...for kitchen cabinet and tv console...sigh...

i got that answer too..they are charging me $400 to do laminate on the outer base...for kitchen cabinet and tv console...sigh...

Maybe you should tell them to charge you less for not using laminate at the outer bottom instead!

I think the default should include some form of 'laminate'. My bathroom cabinets (suspended) all have laminate.

Bottom part of top are normally in white or black laminate unless it totally don't match the existing table top. Very common for contractors to argue that since nobody see the downside, why should they waste material on it.

It depends on the user/customer whether they want it to be properly finished or not.