Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tweetie76

Resale Flat Price Not Fixed ?

How come i call the same agent asking for the same flat, but they quote me diff price ?

A difference of $5k from the weekday price :bangwall:

Dont the agent have an agreed price with the seller ? :(

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi tweetie76,

Agents speak to a lot ppl a day they will tend forget what price was quoted...

For eg, I was viewing a unit in Bedok reservoir... 1st viewing was told last offer was 15k above valuation.... Follow-up call was told last offer was at 10k above valuation and finally 2nd viewing was told last offer was at valuation... Wow, price seems to be dropping... :dunno:

Another example, I called to enquire about a unit in Bedok North and was told seller asking for COV 40k.. The COV puts me off so I didn't bother to view... Later my hubby called me and said that he arranged for a viewing. Agent say view to offer... When we were there, I realised it was the same agent I had called.. When we were viewing, a call came in for her and she told the prospective buyer 20k COV....

Sometimes I just wish that they were more honest and not try to lure us view the flat with View To Offer and when we are there... seller only have the intention of selling at a high COV :furious:

Edited by Cyn

Normally, the seller will tell the agent his expected COV. From start, the agent is supposed to work along the way using this figure. Of course, if the price is too high and no offer, to close the deal fast, agent will probably reduce the COV bit by bit as time goes.

When come to buying properties, cannot shy lah. Just ASK for the price you want, if cannot then cannot lor. As long as you show your sincerity to buy and not just asking for fun, they will be serious too.

Actually for those cases where the asking price seemed to be dropping or got "fluctuations" like stock market over a few days, to me its a good sign because the owner does not seem to know what he want to sell at, or the agent could be new and easy to negotiate.

wan to slap the seller agent and seller..

offer cov 30k and was rejected..wanted 45k

dan decide to give some kopi $ to seller agent to help convince seller to let go at 35k..

knn!! seller wan 50k NOW!!

wtf is the seller agent doing???????

dun know how they say untill increase to 50k..

woa lao eh...

i felt that i **** pathethic...lol

Unless that unit you die die want to buy, else you should move on to look for somewhere else. No point join in the game and pay for unrealistic COV. Nowadays, resale flats are already enjoying very high valuation, shouldn't be asking for more cash liao. Too much leh :bleah:

Ya man..dun add fuel to the market...

let the owner wake up his ideas..50k cov??hope got sea view...

Ya man..dun add fuel to the market...

let the owner wake up his ideas..50k cov??hope got sea view...

Ya, 50K COV is too much, dun let him get his way 8| ...else the next mth HDB valuation will be higher..i read in ST Forum that HDB based on the last transacted resale price to determine the valuation.So if the last transacted price is say $250K (incl 50K COV), the next valuation for the same area will be from $250k onward .. :(

wan to slap the seller agent and seller..

offer cov 30k and was rejected..wanted 45k

dan decide to give some kopi $ to seller agent to help convince seller to let go at 35k..

knn!! seller wan 50k NOW!!

wtf is the seller agent doing???????

dun know how they say untill increase to 50k..

woa lao eh...

i felt that i **** pathethic...lol

Some sellers are just too much. i think 30k COV is already very high. Still got cheek to ask for 50k. I think u shld give up and move on. Surely u can find something similar or better for less COV. Some sellers are just trying their luck with unrealistic cash demand..They think they have the best home in SG?

Don't let them get their way

Edited by hongss

guys cos the unit is in amk area so i know the cov is high..

i will try my luck again next few days to make a firm offer of 40k max..

the max liao..lol

feel free to comment on the area,

3mins walk to amk hub, dr-dr top floor 4rm with upgraded balcony fees paid,

soon balloting for lift upgrade. tat means private lift in future, onli 2units mah,

only downside is 30yrs flat....sob

My sister's 4-room flat is also 3-5 mins walk to MRT station, door to door mid floor, upgraded fees paid by previous owner with extra utility room, lift already upgraded which is what you called private lift lah, also an old flat in TPY. She paid 7K COV only hor. That was in end 2006.

The valuation you will be paying is what that flat is worth of, COV is something extra and unnecessary.

The market is going crazy now, imho.

For those who paid high COV, they might not be able cover their cost if they were to sell their house few yrs later cos the value for their house might have come down from peak. Not to forget they also need to cough out a sum of $$ for reno work.

When the oil price is going north, how strong can the property market be holding? Private property has gone soften recently, one just need to wait for a couple of months for HDB resale market to cool down. But for those who cannot wait due to whatever reason, then no choice liao :(

I got view a 3room flat at west two week ago.

2agent help me to get flat the blk which we want

end up 2agent giving us the different price.

agent from ERA she say seller want 25k cov

agent from propnex she say seller want 20k cov neg.

is 5k different plus neg.

since that blk is what we want but after viewing.

we offer 10k cov to ERA agent. she told me cannot la... how to offer less than half COV.

then we decide to call propnex agent asking her whether help us to offer.

This propnex agent really help us. she call up seller agent and offer.

At least this agent is helping us to offer.

when she call & telling us the selling want more need 15k to close.

then i say ok we consider.

few days ago i saw the adv appear 15k COV.

happen ERA agent asking us whether want to close at 18k since the seller actually want to close at 25k.

see the different.

i view the flat till i tire already.

now still viewing....