Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
peridotitude

How To Maintain Fabric Sofa?

Hey all,

Can share how do u all maintain your fabric sofa? Especially those that can't remove the cushion cover for wash ones. Is there any product in the market that can help to keep your sofa clean n odorless?

Noticed too that fabric sofa filled wif feathers has a kind of smell. How to get rid of that?

Thanks in advance! :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hey all,

Can share how do u all maintain your fabric sofa? Especially those that can't remove the cushion cover for wash ones. Is there any product in the market that can help to keep your sofa clean n odorless?

Noticed too that fabric sofa filled wif feathers has a kind of smell. How to get rid of that?

Thanks in advance! :)

What I do with my fabric sofa is to use a throw over it so that I can put my legs up on it freely without being nervous about it being dirty :D I'd be happy to know of any products that can help keep it clean as well.

i bought a handheld vacumn cleaner to jus only vacumn my fabric sofa and bed. i do it once a month.

i make sure my fabric sofa cover is removable before i bought it. i wash it in the washing machine once a year.

I just removed my fabric cushion cover to wash in the washer aft a yr of use. Do get those sofa with removable covers if possible. I think u can buy some fabric cleaner in the form of aerosol spray. Just spray and wipe with a cloth if im not wrong

Edited by hongss

I just removed my fabric cushion cover to wash in the washer aft a yr of use. Do get those sofa with removable covers if possible. I think u can buy some fabric cleaner in the form of aerosol spray. Just spray and wipe with a cloth if im not wrong

If you read the first post carefully, I believe he/she is asking about sofa that does NOT come with removable covers. :sport-smiley-018:

If you read the first post carefully, I believe he/she is asking about sofa that does NOT come with removable covers. :sport-smiley-018:

:P Ya... Noticed that feather cushion emits some funky smell too. Really need some tips on removing the smell. :(

3M has a spraying product called "Scotch Guard" which can sort of protects the fabric. The advert shows water simply glide off the fabric.. (water resisitant)

3M has a spraying product called "Scotch Guard" which can sort of protects the fabric. The advert shows water simply glide off the fabric.. (water resisitant)

Thanks guyz for your helpful suggestions! :) I will definitely give Scotch Guard a try n share wif u all the outcome. Hopefully bye bye to funky smell... hehehe

Found 3M Scotch Gard in Carrefore level 2. Price=$15.++. Saw 3 types on the shelf.

I was looking for Scotchgard™ Fabric & Upholstery Protector but couldn't find (only have the foaming Cleaner), it's either out of stock or not selling. Anyone going there can check out with the staff and update here? :D

Protector

fabricprotectlgdw8.jpg

Edited by hihihi

Found 3M Scotch Gard in Carrefore level 2. Price=$15.++. Saw 3 types on the shelf.

I was looking for Scotchgard™ Fabric & Upholstery Protector but couldn't find (only have the foaming Cleaner), it's either out of stock or not selling. Anyone going there can check out with the staff and update here? :D

Protector

fabricprotectlgdw8.jpg

hi hihihi (been wanting to do that for a while :)) i got my protector in homefix in anchor point. i think most homefix stores carry it, and saw it in cold storage too

patsy isis the same px at home fix?

if it is i just get at great world city

hihihi thanks for the info

errmmm dunno coz i'm not the type that will compare prices for 1 item, coz i think the petrol and time it takes to go over for $0.50 less isn't worth it? sorry :dunno: