Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CraB

Crab's Shack

Several defects were detected.......hairline cracks on tiles, etc, but nothing beats the acne scars found on the maindoor :furious:

door.jpg

After much emails to TC, they finally agreed to change our main door.....so issue settled & on to the next phase...

....cement screed suddenly showed up one day... :sport-smiley-004:

cement.jpg

...our one-and-only 'worker' who moved all the cement by himself... :D

CopyofDSCN1415.jpg

....and by next morning, the screed bags were empty and screeding was completed... :)

Scree.jpg

Edited by CraB

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Next war zone is the kitchen....but first the floor tiles had to go...

DSCN1424.jpg

....then the materials arrived :sport-smiley-004:....toilet stuff were removed....and some instructions left on the wall by our worker....

itstarts.jpg

.... kitchen wall tiles called 'BOHUA', my worker chose it :dunno: ....

Edited by CraB

Are you using ceramic or homo tiles? Lets just hope they are "Wuhua" instead of their brand name :rofl:

The bohua tiles are meant for the kitchen walls, and are ceramic. Dunno wuhua or bohua better....as long as they don't drop after a few months :D

Edited by CraB

Next up were the overlaying of wall tiles for both bathrooms and kitchen...hence some preparations had to be made before laying the new tiles...

preparingforoverlaying.jpg

foroverlay.jpg

While these were done, tilers got about their business working on our kitchen and living room tiles... :)

tilers.jpg

...did not take long for them to lay most of the tiles... :dribble:

tilingdone.jpg

Work on livingroom tiles continued the following day; tiling works in the kitchen had switched to wall tiles...

moretilingworks.jpg

By evening, majority of kitchen wall tiles were completed :good:

Must say that Bohua tiles do look 'wuhua' and good! :notti:

kitchentilingworks.jpg

Work on livingroom tiles continued the following day; tiling works in the kitchen had switched to wall tiles...

moretilingworks.jpg

By evening, majority of kitchen wall tiles were completed :good:

Must say that Bohua tiles do look 'wuhua' and good! :notti:

kitchentilingworks.jpg

Wow interesting transformation. Did you mentioned who your ID is? What is the total 'damage' you expecting huh? :sport-smiley-003:

...next came the concrete support for the Blanco basin and base for the fridge...:good:

sinksolidsupport.jpg

And, we actually forgot about the plan to bury the pipes that will not be used (we are putting our storage tank in the toilet instead)....but our 'worker' did not forget, so initially it was a 'shock' that a big hole had to be made :jawdrop:

buryingthepipes.jpg

Edited by CraB

The very first draft our head worker gave to us...

...the living room and the MBR...

earlyproposals1.jpg

....as well as the kitchen...

earlyproposals2.jpg

....some new drawings after some discussion.....

newerideas.jpg

In the end, we made so many changes until our 'worker' forgot to give us a soft copy of the 3D drawings 8|...

...so much for drawings, now it's back to the real thing :rolleyes:

A glance of the black toilet wall tile.....pretty reflective! :notti:

toiletwalltile.jpg

Finally, toilet wall tiles 95% completed :sport-smiley-004:

Toiletwalltiles.jpg

...and remaining kitchen tiles are done too :yamseng: ...and the pipes are gone :thumbs up:

kitchenwalltilesfinish.jpg

...delivery of the kitchen sink: a black Blanco :notti: ...

blancosink.jpg

Next came the aircon guys from GainCity....after some discussion with my main worker and the guys from GainCity, the trunking was planned and war began. It started in the common toilet...

aircontrunking.jpg

...through to the MBR toilet, then to the MBR and to the other two rooms.

aircontrunking2.jpg

By evening, the fancoil units were all up :good:

aircon.jpg

...so was the Toshiba system3 inverter CU, sitting in the 'balcony'...

fancoilunit.jpg

Now, to the next item: toilet exhaust fan... :notti:

Just before sharing a short story on the exhaust fan, here's a peep on the toilet floor tiles :sport-smiley-004:

toiletfloortiles.jpg

Back to the exhaust fans, we installed a KDK exhaust fan for each toilet, and had to replace the original window panels with top hung types. At first glance they looked great :dancingqueen:

KDKexhaustfans.jpg

....until I looked closely at the common toilet glass panel :jawdrop: ......then :furious:

exhaustfanprob.jpg

the wire grids are WARPED!!! :furious::furious::furious: Why the heck is the wire grids warped? (If you don't get it, look from left panel [these are ok and are parallel/perpendicular to the frame] towards the right. Somewhere from the 4-5th square onwards, everything slants upwards). Have never seen such warped wiring before :bangwall: . After calling the company, one worker came by to adjust the glass :bangwall::bangwall::bangwall::bow::bow::bow: Somehow the worker did not realise that no amount of glass panel shifting will solve the problem (it's the wire grid, WIRE GRID! :curse: ). Finally they got the idea, and it was promptly replaced. Phew :) Hopefully the glass panel is not passed to someone else :unsure:

Wow interesting transformation. Did you mentioned who your ID is? What is the total 'damage' you expecting huh? :sport-smiley-003:

Final quote not finalized as so many changes were made! Nope, did not mention who our ID was as there was minimal design (we were quite minimalist actually)...yup we did hire an ID (our worker :D ) to do all the planning etc. Anyway, will PM you.... :good:

Edited by CraB

I really love this idea of concealing the ugly pipe outlets in the kitchen (big flaw from HDB architect!) but would HDB be asking about it in the future? Is this legal? Sorry, just wondering really. I would have done it too if we had thought about it before! :P

...and remaining kitchen tiles are done too :yamseng: ...and the pipes are gone :thumbs up:

kitchenwalltilesfinish.jpg

I really love this idea of concealing the ugly pipe outlets in the kitchen (big flaw from HDB architect!) but would HDB be asking about it in the future? Is this legal? Sorry, just wondering really. I would have done it too if we had thought about it before! :P

I guess it all boils down to asking HDB ....and as my ID is known not to take risk :), most probably he has asked HDB about it liao. Anyway, there was no hacking: just that the pipes were sawed (flushed with wall) and sealed (then covered by our overlaying of kitchen wall tiles). I think the most critical part will be the pipes: it must be tightly sealed to prevent future leakage. And also no kitchen water storage heater in the future for us.

This stupid U-pipe was a headache, and we had plans to hide it: build a cabinet around it, or a wall-mounted table, etc, then my ID got :idea: and there you have it :good:

great pictures :dribble: :dribble:

looking at your kitchen sink

i wish i had gotten the black one as well :bangwall:

It's ok lah; as long as it's good, can liao....btw, what colour is your Blanco sink?

mine is the grey colour one

thought my countertop is dark blue (blue pearl granite) so go for a lighter colour

now really think black will look so much nicer :wub: