Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
CraB

Crab's Shack

mine is the grey colour one

thought my countertop is dark blue (blue pearl granite) so go for a lighter colour

now really think black will look so much nicer :wub:

Aiya, nevermind lah...at least it is still a Blanco ;)

In fact, I am worried that it may get dirty during installation, with all the white stuff visually standing out against the black :(

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
black is a classic! but gotta clean it very frequent. otherwise got waterstain not very nice :)

Will have to clean it more often I guess! At least no worries if I pour or tao you or kopi into the sink :D

Unexpectedly, our tiler alerted us that it is dripping whitish water in our common toilet. With the immediate neighbour upstairs doing painting, it struck home that SH*T has just happened.....apparently one of the pipes either has a hairline crack, or somewhere something is loose. My ID told us to contact our TC IC immediately, and immediate was their action. With a super rapid joint-inspection on the same day, it was speculated that the above contractor had most prob poured cement into the drainage, and had tried to clear the choked drainage by using bull strength and a rod to clear the pipes (not realising that these are PVC, and not metal...). So, half of the fab wall that covered the pipes had to be removed, the affected pipe saw off, replace a new pipe, patch back the saw-off part. The idiot that poured cement into the drainage ought to be 8|8|8| then :fire::fire::fire: . TC people told us that such cases at 79 is very, very common. Luckily, it is not the 'human' waste hole that cement was poured into.....otherwise...

So, here are pics of the SH*IT event

leakage.jpg

With the problem solved, at least I can have a good view of the city from the toilet without sh*t water dripping on my head!

viewfromtoilet.jpg

Hi Crab, congrats to you new house!

I have the same layout as yours but mine is at Atirna :)

Realise that you bought ur toshiba aircon frm gaincity, cos me too.

So how is their workmanship and installation?

Hope to hear feedback frm you, thks! :)

With the toilet issue out of the way, electrical works were next. As TPY79 4-rooms are pretty small, our ID figured that, perhaps, we do not need too many downlights (as we are also having a dining light and a Fanco Aroma in the dining and living room). So, with no extra wiring to be done in the other two bedrooms, installation of wires in the living room and the MBR was pretty fast and up within hours.

wiring.jpg

It was only a matter of time when the 'cornice' people came to install the boxes, for the living room...

livingroombox-up.jpg

...and for the MBR (partially done). The box-up areas had to take into consideration the aircon fancoil unit as well as the aircon trunking.

MBRboxup.jpg

If you are wondering what those red and blue sticky tapes are for (in the first pic), these are not positions of water pipes, but a possible layout of my simple suspended TV console, a 32" TV and a Soundbar. These duct tapes did come in useful afterall! :notti:

Edited by CraB

Following day, cornice people came to finish up on all the boxup, and filling up the gaps with that white stuff (that powder that's all over the house!). Thought it was a job well done! :thumbs up:

Boxup for the kitchen was not done yet for some reasons, so that had to wait.

Boxuptouchup.jpg

So, next phase was painting, but that could only commence in about 2-3 days later, as the boxes are still 'wet' (you can see the damp marks), and painting over wet areas will have big problems later. So we waited patiently for the painters....

With the wiring work done, it was time to go shopping for lights......and other stuff. So here is a pic of our bed (Scanteak), along with dining light, kitchen and bathroom lights.

bedandlights.jpg

On the bed colour, we were going for something simple yet sturdy, and the colour had to match the laminate flooring. We were stuck with three choices earlier in the process of choosing laminate flooring

pergo.jpg

Not revealing which colour was chosen eventually, but pics of installed laminate will be posted here in due course.

Also, some of the goods we had ordered weeks ago have now arrived...honestly, I just could not wait for the installation of sink and ceiling fan! Can't wait to have a feeling of the fan! :dribble:

arrivalofgoods1.jpg

Hi Crab, congrats to you new house!

I have the same layout as yours but mine is at Atirna :)

Realise that you bought ur toshiba aircon frm gaincity, cos me too.

So how is their workmanship and installation?

Hope to hear feedback frm you, thks! :)

not bad actually; the installers knew their stuff and were actually quite particular about backflow problem (i.e. last fancoil unit is positioned higher than the one before it, etc, water in pipe may backflow etc). The only issue we had with them was that they only did an ok job in wrapping up the fancoil units (to protect it during painting). They had to use the plastic sheets that came with the aircon.....other than that, there was really not much issues. In short, :good:

Can't comment on the aircon as yet; will update here later.

you're getting a soundbar :dribble: :dribble:

wish i had the budget for one :wub:

I'm actually waiting for the price (of the old model) to drop. It's about $1380 now. Two new models (curved edge and touch-screen, for 32" and 37" I think) are already in the market but have yet to be officially launched in Singapore...

We had arranged one Sat for delivery of lights, basins, etc. One by one, from Poh Joo to Hoe Kee to Lights Arcade etc, the goods were delivered

goodsarrival.jpg

A glance at the lights...

lights.jpg

....unknowingly, evening had come. Another day goes by...(view from aircon window at livingroom)

sunset.jpg

Edited by CraB

We did not visit the unit for a couple of days....so we had a pleasant surprise when we looked into the unit....it was, honestly, a real transformation and visual treat! And finally, I had the chance to look at the Fanco Aroma on the ceiling (and not in the box!) :dribble:

So here's a view of the two bedrooms (laminate flooring yet to be in at that time...)

glimspofbothbedrooms.jpg

...and a view of the Fanco Aroma as well as the downlights during the day and night.

fan.jpg

A pic of the KDK ceiling fan in MBR and Fanco Aroma taken during the day.....

fans.jpg

Edited by CraB

not bad actually; the installers knew their stuff and were actually quite particular about backflow problem (i.e. last fancoil unit is positioned higher than the one before it, etc, water in pipe may backflow etc). The only issue we had with them was that they only did an ok job in wrapping up the fancoil units (to protect it during painting). They had to use the plastic sheets that came with the aircon.....other than that, there was really not much issues. In short, :good:

Can't comment on the aircon as yet; will update here later.

I'm actually waiting for the price (of the old model) to drop. It's about $1380 now. Two new models (curved edge and touch-screen, for 32" and 37" I think) are already in the market but have yet to be officially launched in Singapore...

We had arranged one Sat for delivery of lights, basins, etc. One by one, from Poh Joo to Hoe Kee to Lights Arcade etc, the goods were delivered

goodsarrival.jpg

A glance at the lights...

lights.jpg

....unknowingly, evening had come. Another day goes by...(view from aircon window at livingroom)

sunset.jpg

Hi Crab,

thks for ur reply! :) I am more assured and will take note ur point.

Oki, oh so ur trunking start frm both toilets then to the rooms....did you install any aircon for ur living room?

Ours will be system 3 for living room and bedrooms. We are hacking the wall btw MBR & bedroom 2, so will hv only one aircon unit there. Then 2 aircon units in bedroom 3 and living room.

Which ID firm is doing your place? Nice view you have!

No wonder the 3D drawing style seems familiar :)

Anyway, you got the same toilet, kitchen, bedrooms and downlights as me... Seems like a lot of us choose similiar lightings.

The mixers, taps and shower sets that are waiting for the plumber...

Hansgrohe.jpg

A glimpse of the kitchen and living room,...

dininglivingroompics.jpg

...and the MBR :)

afterpainting.jpg