Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
veron_32

Furniture Club @ Furniture Mall

our Kelvin Giormani sofa and coffee table has been delivered along with our dining table and chairs yesterday. i must compliment their good service throughout the whole shopping experience. i called on Monday requesting for delivery yesterday and the warehouse guys called me on Friday to reconfirm my delivery. they even went thru' the list of items I have.

thumbs up for their delivery guys who have to carry and lugged the sofa and climbed 13 storeys to my house as the lift couldn't fit the huge sofa. they didn't even complaint about it and smile after that whole process.

highly recommend them for new home owners like us. :good:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I'm new to this forum - glad I found it cos the info is really so useful. I'm getting keys to new apt soon & have starting shopping for furniture. Liked this Giormani sofa at FC but the price quoted is > 6K. Have seen in another thread about FC - seems that there are folks who pay less than 4K for similar 2.x m sofa from Giormani.

Hmm. Need some advice, since some of you have bought stuff at FC before, what is the kind of discount you manage to get?

Cheers

Went down to Furniture Club at Furniture Mall looking for some leather sofas. I found the sales person is not very honest about several things..

They claimed that their Leather sofas were high-priced because they use Mastrotto leather and even claimed that they were the only ones using Mastrotto Leather in Furniture Mall. After walking around, I eventually found out that other shops like Lorenzo and Cellini were also using Leather from Mastrotto.

Also, they added many other points to discredit their competitors, which I find very unethical.. They claimed that since Lorenzo's sofas are made in Malaysia, therefore it is inferior to their Sofas which is made in China. The only reason I can think of, why Lorenzo is cheaper than them is, Lorenzo is a large manufacturer, while Furniture Club buys their stuff in small quantities (that's why you can even customise the size) from suppliers in China.

Edited by B2B

hi all!!!

I recommend anybody who wants to buy stuff from Furniture Club to really consider going to their outlet at Sungei Kadut instead of the one in IMM or Beach Road. I saw my L-shape sofa in IMM, fell in love with it and was qouted $3600. Went to Beach Road and was qouted $2780.

Then months later saw an armchair at Beach Road and was qouted $800+, discounted from its $1000+ price tag. But the friendly ah-peh said, if we are really keen but want to bargain further, then can try SK. So down we went....and got the chair for $450...hehehehe

They said overheads at SK not so high, so can bargain further....hmmm

oh~~~~ why didn't i saw this thread earlier.... :(

Had paid deposit for a 3 seater recliner Kelvin Giormani sofa at IMM. Hope i havent been chopped too much....the salesgirl that served us was quite nice and patient and said there's a 30% discount on the kelvin giormani sofa for this weekend only.

oh~~~~ why didn't i saw this thread earlier.... :(

Had paid deposit for a 3 seater recliner Kelvin Giormani sofa at IMM. Hope i havent been chopped too much....the salesgirl that served us was quite nice and patient and said there's a 30% discount on the kelvin giormani sofa for this weekend only.

hi...which sofa did u get? issit the Emilia II ?

Emilia II

hi...which sofa did u get? issit the Emilia II ?

Emilia II

er, i dun remember the model name and my invoice did not indicate that name too.

anyway, mine is the only recliner sofa model at IMM.

Did u get that too? How much did u pay for it?

er, i dun remember the model name and my invoice did not indicate that name too.

anyway, mine is the only recliner sofa model at IMM.

Did u get that too? How much did u pay for it?

i haven place my order for one yet...but thinking of getting this Emilia ....only thing holding me back is that the arms are rather thin instead of the thick kind....u can click on the link and take a look at the sofa :)

i haven place my order for one yet...but thinking of getting this Emilia ....only thing holding me back is that the arms are rather thin instead of the thick kind....u can click on the link and take a look at the sofa :)

That's a nice sofa! Anyway, mine is not that 1 and I dont see Emilia at FC@IMM.

Mine is plain 3-seater sofa, without any designs and the arm rest is also thin like Emilia's. I dont really like thin arm rests and plain designs but guess the comfort over rules all. :)

Anyway, does all recliner sofa comes with those remote control to adjust the reclining option?

I didnt to much research on sofas and chanced upon that recliner and find it comfortable and with the discount and just got it. The price is also over our budget......The price after discount was $4K+.

Hi all,

Please note these are my personal observations and thoughts

For all buying from furniture club, please beware of the following:

1. Service is much to be desired - so lower your expectations

2. "Bait and switch" esp when it comes to packakged items/freebies

3. No delivery schedule, or at least that is how haphazard it appears

4. Uncommunicative mgmt

5. No refund policy - at least that is what I am told. So Do not give too much up front

6. Replacement delivery surprises - replacement goods comes in worse shape than current

I am not trying to stop anyone from buying from them. Seems they have been expanding rapidly. I like to see local companies making it, yet after dealing with them this time, I'll gladly take my biz elsewhere.

I will refrain from specifics but those items I listed above should serve as a warning to others when dealing with this company.

Thanks for the heads up you cant sell furniture without quality service or by miss leading the consumer. That just isn't good business sense.

Well that is the one thing I don't understand lor..............obviously they have a customer base else I dunno how to account for the fact that they r still in biz.

Maybe consumbers got no sense here? :P I'm just throwing up some rational explaination so don't flame me ah.

Oh one more thing....do not expect after sales service. If the sales person give u mobile number to call promising you to solve any problems (if any) don't tke their word for it. It is my observation that they r not int hew showroom on a daily basis. i think they work one day on one day off. If they r not int he showroom, they'll tell u I'm not at work please call xxxxxx...

I don't have an issue with people not being at work, but I have a big problem with any sales person who is only intersted in selling but does not bother with conflict resolution, etc. I think their renumeration should chnmage to pure salary base instead of taking a commission for every piece they sell. Their behaviour suggests the sales force is not hungry enough. Maybe they're too well rewarded currently?

Well that is the one thing I don't understand lor..............obviously they have a customer base else I dunno how to account for the fact that they r still in biz.

Maybe consumbers got no sense here? :P I'm just throwing up some rational explaination so don't flame me ah.

Oh one more thing....do not expect after sales service. If the sales person give u mobile number to call promising you to solve any problems (if any) don't tke their word for it. It is my observation that they r not int hew showroom on a daily basis. i think they work one day on one day off. If they r not int he showroom, they'll tell u I'm not at work please call xxxxxx...

I don't have an issue with people not being at work, but I have a big problem with any sales person who is only intersted in selling but does not bother with conflict resolution, etc. I think their renumeration should chnmage to pure salary base instead of taking a commission for every piece they sell. Their behaviour suggests the sales force is not hungry enough. Maybe they're too well rewarded currently?

Which outlet did you buy your furniture from? Heard the IMM outlet got biggest discounts but lousiest service..

Will there be a great great price difference for the same item from FC of different outlets (eg. sungei kadut, IMM, beach rd)?

Do u guys think if FC salesman quoted $2999 for a belgium telfon fabric L-shaped sofa, and $3999 for the leather, how much $$$ discount should I bargain? very very expensive leh...

I agreed! they are pricey! and not worth...

Diffrent outlet, diffrent prices

However we dealt with salesguy name marcus..he can give good prices.

But never expect such service from them when about to deliver

Edited by jamora

I agreed! they are pricey! and not worth...

Diffrent outlet, diffrent prices

However we dealt with salesguy name marcus..he can give good prices.

But never expect such service from them when about to deliver

The other thread mentioned species is same company as Furniture Club. Is this true? if so, might as well buy from species, the price much cheaper!