Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
veron_32

Furniture Club @ Furniture Mall

Let me share my experience as a customer of FC (IMM) back in Dec 07.

I bought my sofa L802-2B (item no. F06-05D) - thick leather sofa set delivered on 25/01/08 for about $2.6K. I was told it's in very good cowhide leather sofa and because I have kids, they told me they would make the seating cushion firmer.

I liked my sofa and enjoyed sitting on it for the past two years. About three months back, the sofa started to flake and it has been flaking (small particles of leather peeling off) non stop ever since.

Today I went to another furniture shop at Woodlands Civic center and I started talking to a salesman about leather sofas. Without me telling him my current problem, he told me there is a type of half leather that is of not so good quality that will start flaking after two years of usage.

Bingo! He was describing a problem to me that matches what I am actually facing. To me, FC salesman Leslie didn't tell me the truth when he sold me the sofa. I am very disappointed with them and feel cheated. A leather sofa is suppose to last at least 5 years and now 2 years on, I have to start shopping for a new sofa again. Mind you, my leather is not PVC or PU leather, it's cowhide leather.

Not sure if I call FC Homes, whether he will give me a proper explanation.

Edited by alister

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Not sure if I call FC Homes, whether he will give me a proper explanation.

You can try to contact 6224 2470 (Jerry - Mkt. Manager) for clarification.

For the sofa that I haved ordered, I was told that 5 yrs for top grain leather, 5 yrs for structure, 3 yrs of springs.

Wonder why yrs only 2 yrs.

I am so surprise I have similar problems as a few forummers !

My leather sofa set also has flaking problem after two years. Does it mean they are not using good leather ? I have a friend who is still using his leather sofa with no problem after 10 years.

Come on FC, how to explain the flaking issue ?

For the sofa that I haved ordered, I was told that 5 yrs for top grain leather, 5 yrs for structure, 3 yrs of springs.

Wonder why yrs only 2 yrs.

No, I didn't say the warranty for my leather sofa is 2 years. I can't remember how long is the warranty. I am just sharing that my leather started flaking after 2 years. In fact, I just went to the other thread and saw a few forummers sharing similar experience to mine.

I am so surprise I have similar problems as a few forummers !

My leather sofa set also has flaking problem after two years. Does it mean they are not using good leather ? I have a friend who is still using his leather sofa with no problem after 10 years.

Come on FC, how to explain the flaking issue ?

For the sofa that I haved ordered, I was told that 5 yrs for top grain leather - (I double check with the sales a few times on this as I am paying almost 5K for my sofa), 5 yrs for structure, 3 yrs of springs.

Wonder why yrs only 2 yrs, maybe brand is different.

For the sofa that I haved ordered, I was told that 5 yrs for top grain leather - (I double check with the sales a few times on this as I am paying almost 5K for my sofa), 5 yrs for structure, 3 yrs of springs.

Wonder why yrs only 2 yrs, maybe brand is different.

May I know what is your sofa model? I was also told it is 2yrs for leather.

Just dont buy from them..THEY SCREWWW UP!

LAst DEC We bought a sofa and dining table from their sales staff name Marcus.He has a excellent customer service which we make another last purchase which is the carpet

1. Purchased and paid more 90% of the cost item.

2.Schdule and confirm in feb the delivery oder fews weeks before the date .

3. When call to confirm again.1 day before- they overlooked and screw up

4.Insist to have it delivery.dont mind waiting the last delivery. It came at 10pm

5.10pm they came- the workers nv bring screw for the set-up of dining table. SCREW up 2nd time

6. When set- up the next dy- the chairs is not up to expectation. rust here n there. Is that suppose to be the way for more than 2k of dining set?

7. Dining top still moves and wobbles..so much like IKEA stuff.

8. the marble are not evenly polished..have patches..

So last payment was held for them to rectifed the product. No calls till few mths later.Even after the carpet was delivered. So SCREW up again.

Carpet- Waited about 1mt for it to arrive..which was fully paid. and so Delivery guy expect the last payment frm the other set to be made. No repairs no rectification- how to make payment.- after days Check out with the salesman. HE RESIGNED.

ONE MONTH later - FC counter offer to offset the balance 10%

or chose to send back to polish for 2 LONG WEEKS

Aggreed to the 1st option. Schedule for them to collect the payment and rectify the the rust and wobble top.

and again! SCREW UP..nv come for the timing !!

So hows that show u..

Edited by jamora

May I know what is your sofa model? I was also told it is 2yrs for leather.

Sorry for wrong info.....

I double check with my sales again at FC, he told me leather is only 2 years.

Not sure if is miscomm the last time.

Regret not making him write on the invoice.

But then in market, most do not even warranty the leather or only 1 year .....

I assume it is likely that it is a miscomm on my side.

Lesson learnt write warranty on invoice.

yes please do...but i will aviod all these companies if i can help...

Update as I still :P have some otustanding item with the company ...they persistently fail to deliver unblemished items. I dunno why they like to waste the delivery guy's time...but if that's the game they play I',m fine....I still owe them an outstanding amount....so far they have delivered replacement pieces twice and both occasions the replacments were as bad if not worse than original.

Any one has any idea when I can legally put a stop to this nonsense? As in reject any more attempts for them to make good on replacement and just keep the outstanding amt as an extra 'discount'? :P

You can try the Small Claims Tribunals Court. The process is easy and costs not more than $20 depending on amount involved.

Hi All

I also like to share my unpleasant experience with FC Homes. We had placed an order for a KG sofa + an ottoman at Beach road showroom in dec 2009. We were told that the sofa will arrive SIN not later than 10 Feb fr CHN, ie. 4 days be4 CNY. We thought it's ok as long as the new sofa comes on time. A week prior to the delivery of the sofa, we make an initiative to call up the salesperson at the showroom (since he was the only one we knew there) and we were told to call their office to chk personally on the delivery schedule. What kind of service is this??

First calling was told don't worry, my sofa will come on time. Nearing to date, call again, the ship hasn't even set sail. This make us so worried as we have already disposed off our old sofa and shd the sofa don't arrive on time, our guests will have to sit on the floor when visit our place during the new year.....

I had to keep following up every other days, the sofa did not arrive on schedule date, but came 2 days before CNY. We feel cheated... This was the 1st bad experience.

The sofa came without protection on the delivery date, was one thing, gosh the new sofa was actually a defective one. There was a 'penknife' cut at the side of the sofa!!! My dad who especially rushed over to my place to wait for the sofa, asked the deliverymen to come back to witness the cut. The deliverymen then returned the balance chq to my dad & at the same time took some pics of the defects and told my dad that someone fr FC Home will call us later.

What kind of after sale service is provided?? No one bother to call us at all and suddenly one fine day someone called and ask the status!? Can we settle for a small discount... What is this!? The best thing is there was no apology that it was their fault. Shd I settle this for a disc, does it mean that th fault is mine?? Who is going to responsible for any potential crack later on?? Will they still come back to repair once again??

After which a Malay man and a Chinese make an appt to come to my place and tried to use some kind of coloured glue to patch up the defect. I have told them no use doing this, we can afford to pay for quality good and we will definitely not accept a defective one. After the patching, he said that the glue will turned into the same colour as the sofa and we will not even spot the patch. After this remark, he took out his inv and asked me to make the bal payment. We rejected him, reason being I have yet to see the effect if it is true that the patch will become invisilbe. He thought it is a magic glue, till todate, the colour still differs and the patch is still visible...

Recently, another person called and said he is coming over to check on the patch, he came with the same Chinese man. I have told him that my decision is still standing, ie. replace a new sofa without defect. He tried to influence me and said that even if I go to CASE or forum in the internet, at the most is a 10% disc off the selling price. This really make me HOT!! I reiterated that I am buying a good quality sofa and not a defective one. If I see money as so important, I would have settle for a few hundred bucks of sofa elsewhere, why should I suffer like that. I have never in my life encountered such upsetting and unpleasant thing!!!! I have make myself so embarassed when my family, friends and relatives who came to my place during the CNY spotted the cut and told me I shd have asked the deliverymen to take back the sofa instead... What a torment... I promised myself after this matter has settle, I will never ever patronise this shop anymore...

i will avoid beng tuan trading furniture shop at 23 genting road #06-01

will it help if go to case or small claim to complain? i need to complain.

mattress got problem, unlucky the mattress company delivery 1 to 1 exchange.

IMG_0238a.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

I have the exact pain....after spending months hunting for a sofa set, we noticed one good set in FC beach road and paid $3.5k for a NEW good qualiity THICK leather.

within 1.5 years, the material start to peels and they told me the 10 years warranty is only the structure and not the leather.

I did not read the fine print and take the sales words for it and it is my problem now.

Now, after much chasing and pushing, I will have to pay to get it fixed up.

It was a very painful process and I will not encourage anyone to buy from FC.....

ANyone want to buy from FURNITURE CLUB...pls read the other posting...

I brough a high end leather sofa iwth promisese that it is thick leather and good quality. I paid $3.5k for it and within 1 year it start to peel.

When called them no one want to entertain and pushing around...

It seem my painful experiences are not alone....beware

I cannot imagine any decent leather to peel in 1.5 yrs for home use .... how long do you actually seat on the sofa per day as compared to bed .... ?

I think for those who have brought KG sofa that have problem, better feedback to the KG HQ in HK.

They should know ..... and they need to know .....

Edited by new_home_maker

I cannot imagine any decent leather to peel in 1.5 yrs for home use .... how long do you actually seat on the sofa per day as compared to bed .... ?

I think for those who have brought KG sofa that have problem, better feedback to the KG HQ in HK.

They should know ..... and they need to know .....

Well, seems like a few people has the same problem with FC leather sofa flaking after a few years. FC_Homes seems to have disappeared from this forum.