Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
veron_32

Furniture Club @ Furniture Mall

Thanks for the heads up I do not need to be spending more money on lower quality furniture

good stuff, i will keep this thread updated so all can see

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

What is split leather ?

Please enlighten me

Apparently, Cowhides can be split into a few layers (Thanks to modern day technology!). The top grain is the best and most usable part and is used in high quality sofas. The bottom layers are processed as splits and usually used for products which does not have contact, abrasion or wear and tear. Eg. it can be used for accessories like diaries, cheap bags, shoes etc.. it is very cheap, sometimes cheaper than Vinyl and has very short life span and subject to peeling. Some sofa retailers sell these sofas using splits, and calling it 'Full Italian Cowhide Leather' - which is technically not wrong, since Splits are still considered leather.

If buying sofas, try buying from companies that are under Singapore Furniture Industries Council or SFIC or Singapore Mozaic. These companies manufactures and export to overseas buyer and are less probable to cheat since the buyers are experts in sofas as well.

good stuff, i will keep this thread updated so all can see

refreshed for all :D

refreshed for all :D

oh sh|T. i just bought a set of dining table + chairs from them 2 weeks back. Slightly above $2k thereabouts.

(supposedly natural marble, i hope i dun get coned)

hope it turns out well

Edited by ccwong70

oh sh|T. i just bought a set of dining table + chairs from them 2 weeks back. Slightly above $2k thereabouts.

(supposedly natural marble, i hope i dun get coned)

hope it turns out well

i purchased a dining table + 4 chairs frm them too. then i came home and saw this thread. been having this feeling of dread ever since... :(

At 2007, i took their package promotion of $3,888 (1 sofa n dinning table)

i was dumb to pay full. they mention can change design anytime since we still trying to fit our ID look of our then house. but after sales, the sales person leslie (duno still alive) become "NO service".

I nearly fought with them as they total ignore my request to change anything considering i paid the promo, even paid full.

~~~ we learnt never to pay full to such retailers ~~~~~

bunch of ah beng....

At 2007, i took their package promotion of $3,888 (1 sofa n dinning table)

i was dumb to pay full. they mention can change design anytime since we still trying to fit our ID look of our then house. but after sales, the sales person leslie (duno still alive) become "NO service".

I nearly fought with them as they total ignore my request to change anything considering i paid the promo, even paid full.

~~~ we learnt never to pay full to such retailers ~~~~~

bunch of ah beng....

Acutally, a good thing would be to state the change of design in your contract. If there are any disagreement, can bring it to Small Claims Tribunal and get your full refund.. Going through CASE may take a much longer time.

i purchased a dining table + 4 chairs frm them too. then i came home and saw this thread. been having this feeling of dread ever since... :(

Well, dun be.....tis is the 2nd time i'm buying from them, 1st time was about 6yrs back and paid $5K+ for dining set, customised fabric sofa, coffee table & TV console. Infact till now, you still can see the dining set, coffee table & Tv console in their IFC showroom (its those Zen-nish dark wood type, dining set is with the ''Z'' shaped chairs) . Classic but ''old'' design ;) No issue with my 1st set with them, everything was good and smooth.

This time round, I got myself a KG sofa ($5K+ oso) but to play smart, i've only paid 1/2 of it and add in a few terms and conditions of my own ;) It does helps that my wife is heading a sales team and she insisted on adding the additional T&C in our invoice. Funny thing is that i still commit with them despite reading their bad reviews. But i guess its the design and quality that really captures our heart and trust me, both me and & wife really went around to see all other popular brands mentioned by this forum, less those super duper expensive type lah :D before we finally settled for this.

End of the day, as a consumer, we must learn to protect our own interest. Purchasing any product can be a daunting process (regardless from which retailer / company cos even the biggest company and screw you up big time) but I guess we can really mitigate and minimize these bad experiences by doing our own homework and exercise due diligence before signing on the dotted line :)

Edited by het

Well, dun be.....tis is the 2nd time i'm buying from them, 1st time was about 6yrs back and paid $5K+ for dining set, customised fabric sofa, coffee table & TV console. Infact till now, you still can see the dining set, coffee table & Tv console in their IFC showroom (its those Zen-nish dark wood type, dining set is with the ''Z'' shaped chairs) . Classic but ''old'' design ;) No issue with my 1st set with them, everything was good and smooth.

This time round, I got myself a KG sofa ($5K+ oso) but to play smart, i've only paid 1/2 of it and add in a few terms and conditions of my own ;) It does helps that my wife is heading a sales team and she insisted on adding the additional T&C in our invoice. Funny thing is that i still commit with them despite reading their bad reviews. But i guess its the design and quality that really captures our heart and trust me, both me and & wife really went around to see all other popular brands mentioned by this forum, less those super duper expensive type lah :D before we finally settled for this.

End of the day, as a consumer, we must learn to protect our own interest. Purchasing any product can be a daunting process (regardless from which retailer / company cos even the biggest company and screw you up big time) but I guess we can really mitigate and minimize these bad experiences by doing our own homework and exercise due diligence before signing on the dotted line :)

Good stuff that some of us can return....so buyers out there or potential buyers do beware and act accordingly. Otherwsie, lets have some updates on those who have ordered from them recently and taken delivery. After all, people/businesses are capable of changes....just to be optimistic

This time round, I got myself a KG sofa ($5K+ oso) but to play smart, i've only paid 1/2 of it and add in a few terms and conditions of my own ;) It does helps that my wife is heading a sales team and she insisted on adding the additional T&C in our invoice.

It will be good if let us know what are the additional T&C should be written ... TIA

It will be good if let us know what are the additional T&C should be written ... TIA

1st of all, my disclaimer is that all my additional T&C are very much reasonable bcos like I told the sales chap who sold us the sofa, at the end of the day, we just want wat we ordered to be delivered to us timely in good reasonable condition. We (consumers) are not out to draw blood just bcos we are the 'paymaster'. Infact, we are generally almost always the victim !! My T&C includes the following (not in the exact words used here but something to that effect);

1) All KG sofa comes with a certificate which will indicate wat type of leather is used on 'your' sofa + all the necessary warranty, you will have to request from FC.

2) The condition of all goods delivered must meet the reasonable expectation of the buyer, else we reserved the rights to reject the said goods, cancel the order and have our deposit refunded

3) We reserve the rights to cancel our orders and have our deposit refunded should the delivery of our ordered goods are delayed for more than 2weeks from the stipulated delivery date.

Think there 1 or 2 more but I cant remember off-hand. Importantly, I think the 2 biggest grouses are 1) delayed delivery date, and 2) conditions of goods when delivered. However, I must admit that even with these additional T&C, the entire purchase process may still not be fool-proofed, but it does act as an ammo (of sorts) should things turned otherwise :rolleyes:

Well, KG sofa needs abt 02 mths of lead time before delivery, I will try to update (if i can still remember by then :P ) this thread when the time comes ;)

1st of all, my disclaimer is that all my additional T&C are very much reasonable bcos like I told the sales chap who sold us the sofa, at the end of the day, we just want wat we ordered to be delivered to us timely in good reasonable condition. We (consumers) are not out to draw blood just bcos we are the 'paymaster'. Infact, we are generally almost always the victim !! My T&C includes the following (not in the exact words used here but something to that effect);

1) All KG sofa comes with a certificate which will indicate wat type of leather is used on 'your' sofa + all the necessary warranty, you will have to request from FC.

2) The condition of all goods delivered must meet the reasonable expectation of the buyer, else we reserved the rights to reject the said goods, cancel the order and have our deposit refunded

3) We reserve the rights to cancel our orders and have our deposit refunded should the delivery of our ordered goods are delayed for more than 2weeks from the stipulated delivery date.

Think there 1 or 2 more but I cant remember off-hand. Importantly, I think the 2 biggest grouses are 1) delayed delivery date, and 2) conditions of goods when delivered. However, I must admit that even with these additional T&C, the entire purchase process may still not be fool-proofed, but it does act as an ammo (of sorts) should things turned otherwise :rolleyes:

Well, KG sofa needs abt 02 mths of lead time before delivery, I will try to update (if i can still remember by then :P ) this thread when the time comes ;)

Thats cool....I will update this thread so you won't forget.

For those who brought Kelvin G Sofa from Furniture Mall and got problem

can feedback direct to Kelvin G manufacture in HK.

Unless your home sofa is in direct sunlight, any mid grade leather of any kind

should not to peel after 2 years ....

How long do you actually sit on the sofa per day after work ?

http://www.kelvingiormani.com/main.php?p=products&c=sofa

Below link are more info on KG

http://www.superbrands.com/hk/latestpdfs/S...FA_GIORMANI.pdf

Hope above helps

Hi bro to my knowledge, genuine leather should not peel or flake after 2years.. The reason why FC sofa peel or flake is they dun use real cowhide or even splitleather.. From what i understand is they are using bonded leather from China..

Hi bro to my knowledge, genuine leather should not peel or flake after 2years.. The reason why FC sofa peel or flake is they dun use real cowhide or even splitleather.. From what i understand is they are using bonded leather from China..

Bonded Leather? Thats like recycling all the waste leather and 'Campur' them together and creating a recycled product? That's good for the environment isn't it? :) unfortunately not sure if the buyers are happy about this..

Just another refresh for all to see....see I'm serious abt this mission ............