Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
veron_32

Furniture Club @ Furniture Mall

The problem is not everybody is aware of this forum... My parents were interested in buying from Furniture Club. I had trouble convincing them of all these complaints about Furniture Club on the forums. There are many who do not have ample knowledge and believe that they are paying premium for Made in Italy furniture.

Recently, Da Vinci got into a terrible mess. They were held accountable by the Chinese press for passing off China made stuff as made in Italy. I think this has helped errant China retailers from misrepresenting their products. We need consumer watchdogs to be more proactive in Singapore.

well, we do what we can ...if not everyone is aware..it's our "duty " to make them aware. Case in point, your parents and whgat u said to them. If they do not look it up then tough....I know it's better to aviod than to seek a cure but what can you do? U have done ur part.

As for consumer watchdogs.....in our society? it's a laughable event/institution. U have to become a member (PAY DUES FIRST) before they work for ya. And even then, it's suaion only ....no legal effect. Y do u think we have this "ah well, just write it off mentality?" It is up to the individual to pursue wat is a reasonable course of action. Please pay attention to reasonable. This term is pretty biased when used legally. How i know? Been there done that. I have taken an errant retailer to task and won. But it is a dollars and cents story here......cost effectiveness of legal action being the main concern.

At the end of the day buy wisely..............

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

We received our $2000 2m long dining glass table (without any chair) on 29th July but it was 3 weeks later when we finally moved in. Upon cleaning up, my helper noticed some rust in upper corner of the table leg. When I called the salesperson, she asked her customer service to get back to me. CS did call me the next working day promising to send someone down but after 2 weeks I have yet to hear from him. CS said that we probably use water to clean the leg, ok if my helper really wet the leg so much until it rusts, then how come only 1 corner of the leg is rusty? What about the base of the leg, no rust? Honestly if i paid $2000 for a table, i dont expect rust.

I hope FC sees this comment and have some good sense to call me. Mary has a little Lamb......

We received our $2000 2m long dining glass table (without any chair) on 29th July but it was 3 weeks later when we finally moved in. Upon cleaning up, my helper noticed some rust in upper corner of the table leg. When I called the salesperson, she asked her customer service to get back to me. CS did call me the next working day promising to send someone down but after 2 weeks I have yet to hear from him. CS said that we probably use water to clean the leg, ok if my helper really wet the leg so much until it rusts, then how come only 1 corner of the leg is rusty? What about the base of the leg, no rust? Honestly if i paid $2000 for a table, i dont expect rust.

I hope FC sees this comment and have some good sense to call me. Mary has a little Lamb......

Is it suppose to be stainless steel? If it is, then it's not suppose to rust. Unless of course they chrome plate the mild steel.. in this case it willl rust if the plating is not done well. But like you say, for $2k, they should at least give you stainless steel.

We ordered the package objects without specifying the exact model. The type of sale said that we would choose the latest models closer to the date of delivery. He said to give us a very good price, and at this price, we can not choose the more expensive models later. However, later we realized that it's all BS.

I think if you had signed the sales agreement with Furniture Club without specifying in words, it will be very difficult to fault them since they have covered themselves. I think it is always good to put down all your terms in writing and not just verbally.

Well, obviously after my posting, FC called me on the next working day. The leg of table has since been cleaned. Thanks.

Well, obviously after my posting, FC called me on the next working day. The leg of table has since been cleaned. Thanks.

Looks like posting on this Thread is working. We should spread the word around, so consumers have an avenue to fight back.

Does anybody know that there are manufacturers who shipped China made products to Italy and then re-exported, claiming it to be 'made in italy'... is this legitimate?

Does anybody know that there are manufacturers who shipped China made products to Italy and then re-exported, claiming it to be 'made in italy'... is this legitimate?

businessman have a right to price their cost price as low as possible, yet sell as high as possible.

consumer have a right to buy as low as possible, yet want the highest quality as a possible.

Which group are you in ?

As to "made in italy" - look at their economies ! Need investor to bail them out.

Maybe where it is made is no longer relevant.

I went to Orchard H/M (US brand right ?) and buy good cotton shirts. Ah ...made in blangadesh ...

As long as you feel quality is good and comfort, go for it. Another factor is the reputation of the retailers ..eg how long they have been in the market. When problem arise, you look for the retailers, yu don't go to Italy to look for the craftman

Advice..pls avoid SPECIES home furnishing,ive bought a sofa,jus only two years,the leather alrady start to tear as the leather is very thin.I Agree

that have good design,but the material & installation is from china very bad workmanship.the price consider also very expensive.just to share my bad

experience.i dun think they can replace the damage.

businessman have a right to price their cost price as low as possible, yet sell as high as possible.

consumer have a right to buy as low as possible, yet want the highest quality as a possible.

Which group are you in ?

As to "made in italy" - look at their economies ! Need investor to bail them out.

Maybe where it is made is no longer relevant.

I went to Orchard H/M (US brand right ?) and buy good cotton shirts. Ah ...made in blangadesh ...

As long as you feel quality is good and comfort, go for it. Another factor is the reputation of the retailers ..eg how long they have been in the market. When problem arise, you look for the retailers, yu don't go to Italy to look for the craftman

I think there is a difference the examples you have mentioned. The US Brand cotton shirts mentioned 'made in bangladesh' right? Now, suppose it was labelled ' Made in USA' but the country of origin is Bangladesh... then this would clearly be a case of misrepresentation, its cheating...

luckily i stumble into this thread... also took a liking to a sofa i saw in FC IMM.

But think will avoid the shop to save the hassle of complaining and getting or begging them to replace...

forum is our only revenue for consumers to meet and discuss and share experiences.

Govt won't be able to help much and they won't too, since they do not patronise these shops selling sofas at few K....

we will have to help each other.

luckily i stumble into this thread... also took a liking to a sofa i saw in FC IMM.

But think will avoid the shop to save the hassle of complaining and getting or begging them to replace...

forum is our only revenue for consumers to meet and discuss and share experiences.

Govt won't be able to help much and they won't too, since they do not patronise these shops selling sofas at few K....

we will have to help each other.

glad we can help thru our miserable experiences

We went down Furniture Club in IMM and saw this lovely bright orange sofa in March.t It was love at first sight but we have yet to finalise our design so we left our email and hp to this saleslady called Cindy Ng. Cindy followed up with a email with the picture of the sofa together with the dimension and price.

We did a quick research and read lots of bad review of FC on renotalk and therefore very skeptical. We decided to shop around and saw some beauties but most of the time, they don't come in orange or a different shade of orange.

In the end, it was between FC orange sofa vs a white sofa (from another retailer). The other sofa are more reasonable priced and hubby prefer the white while I prefer the orange. We went back and forth to the two retailers and am really stuck. I told Cindy my concerns re. the bad reviews and she answered our questions honestly.

In the end, we decided to get the sofa from Cindy. I won't be starting my reno till Sep and likely to need it only in end November. It is still very early to book a sofa but why waste time searching if you know that sofa is 'the one'. Besides it is the GSS so Cindy gave us the best price.

Hopefully our faith in FC re. the quality of the sofa and the fantastic service from Cindy will not fail us.

You can look for Cindy Ng @ IMM (email: cindyng@furnitureclub.sg). Am sure she will get the best price possible.

We went down Furniture Club in IMM and saw this lovely bright orange sofa in March.t It was love at first sight but we have yet to finalise our design so we left our email and hp to this saleslady called Cindy Ng. Cindy followed up with a email with the picture of the sofa together with the dimension and price.

We did a quick research and read lots of bad review of FC on renotalk and therefore very skeptical. We decided to shop around and saw some beauties but most of the time, they don't come in orange or a different shade of orange.

In the end, it was between FC orange sofa vs a white sofa (from another retailer). The other sofa are more reasonable priced and hubby prefer the white while I prefer the orange. We went back and forth to the two retailers and am really stuck. I told Cindy my concerns re. the bad reviews and she answered our questions honestly.

In the end, we decided to get the sofa from Cindy. I won't be starting my reno till Sep and likely to need it only in end November. It is still very early to book a sofa but why waste time searching if you know that sofa is 'the one'. Besides it is the GSS so Cindy gave us the best price.

Hopefully our faith in FC re. the quality of the sofa and the fantastic service from Cindy will not fail us.

You can look for Cindy Ng @ IMM (email: cindyng@furnitureclub.sg). Am sure she will get the best price possible.

*fingers crossed*

Hope your delivery goes smoothly, Vi!

I've read a lot of bad reviews about FC as well, that's why I'm hesitant to go there in the first place....