Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
donut88

Ariston Storage Heater Vs Joven Storage Heater

I was thinking of getting ariston. But after seeing this forum page, I am seriously considering Joven. I am also considering either to get two 15 liters storage heater for two toilets or get one 30 litres storage heater catering to both toilets. Which is better considering the usage of rain shower?

Btw where is the best place it buy these Heaters?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have both at home. Development came with Ariston and my MBR one spoilt. I got it replaced with Joven 3L from Home Plus 2000 @ Changi Road. The heater cost me $200 plus, forgot the exact pricing and the installation was done neatly by their contractors.

Tue that Joven heat up really fast as compared to Ariston. And it stays hot longer and is cheaper too! Not sure about electrical bills though.

I used Joven as well. Heats up within 5 minutes, and heated water can remained warm up to 10-12 hours, even without switching on again. Just my personal experience..

• Like 1

I just got my Ariston Italy 30L, due to space constraint in my kitchen cabinet .Hoe Kee is selling at $370 (including installations). Waiting time is slightly longer but so far heater works fine to me .

Price you can call GOH AH BEE in hougang. You can call them for price and they will reveal. Plumber can be arrange by them separately.

On 6/28/2008 at 0:57 AM, donut88 said:

Hi all,

just my feedback:

i was using ariston storage heater last time, 25L type.

And now in my new place, i used Joven storage, 25L also.

i realised that Joven is alot better than ariston.

Joven heat up water really fast. Almost like instant heater.

Ariston really must wait. 10 - 15 mins at least.

At first i thought for Joven, the worker turned some heat thermostat knob to the highest. But i realised there is no knob to adjust the thermostat.

For Joven, i just switch on the switch. take off my clothes, take my towel, just walk in the shower area and open the water tap. Bingo. i get real hot water out. always very hot. i got to quickly turn the tap to colder part of the tap to counterbalance the heat/cold water.

For Ariston, must really wait man...... really slow.... sometimes 10 mins also not enough. Often i suffer under cold water running from the shower.

So guys, get JOVEN!!!!

moreover, the heated water stays alot longer and heated in the storage, even after u switch off the heater for quite long time!!!

Yes, been a joven user for 15years - 35L storage tank. Worth every cent !

Hi All Renotalk members, Same, I use to used 25L ariston storage heater tank. My old Ariston water heater Storage Tank It started to have some leaking and rust on the bottom outlet. My plumber told me it was time to change to a new one. On 16/10/2012, I went to Poh Joo Hardware Engineering Pte Ltd, 389/391 Jalan Besar to checked price. (Not inclusive of delivery and installation). If you wished to know the price, please PM me. It is not nice to post the selling actual price here to protect their business trade. The price was cheaper than another dealer Hx Kxx (I don't wished to mentioned their full company name). As our contributor "Hseeker" mentioned. It was very truth. After turning on for a 10 minutes for a shower by my Mrs, after 5 hours later, the water still hot and warn. Just turned on one and can take two time shower. That was wonderful and Fantastic.  I guess it was the huge 35L water heater storage tank. Joven Water heater storage tank are definately much much better than Ariston. I will never go back to buy another Ariston water Storage heater tank. Attached are some photos captured on 22/10/2012 after the tank was installed by my plumber.

Contributor staying in a old resale 4 room HDB flat in 94 Whampoa Drive

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

2012 Joven Heater Storage Tank Invoice Payment Receipt Purchasing Number Dated 16 10 2012 CCI09062017_0001.jpg

Edited by Happy6688
Adding an invoice

Just to update this link so that ppl knows that my experience with Joven storage heater is really bad. I got to know it the hard way as I was misled after reading this thread and bought one for my new home, and it was a nightmare. Really poor customer service/after sales service and product. After just installed joven storage heater 25L, the overflow water keep dripping and loud noise coming out from the storage heater even without switching on. My plumber said it’s storage heater issue, so called Joven up. It took ages to get through and the customer service replied that it’s normal for overflow water to drip, and I have to keep repeating that it cannot be normal if I didn’t switch on the storage heater. So she passed the call to the supervisor who said charges at $40 for transport. Finally, arranged a technician come down but just measure water pressure and says it’s over PUB’s standard 5.5 bar for water pressure, unluckily their storage heater can only support 3 bar ideally. Perhaps, it is design for units with low water pressure, staying top or bottom floor? Also, the technician said the valve is damaged, so I asked the technician to fix but he refused. He said he cannot repair because he was instructed by office just to measure pressure only. He added that the cause of valve damage is due to the water pressure. When spoke to the supervisor on the spot, technician denied issue on valve but said no problem with valve, issue is with water pressure only. I am so shocked on the technician’s dishonest remarks and asked why he can changed his mind for his finding after talking to his supervisor. Then, after I kept questioning his integrity, he admitted that the valve is damaged but due to water pressure and not Joven problem so he decided not to fix it. And the supervisor said they cannot do anything as the problem is not theirs but water pressure. Further, they said their 10 years warranty is void because my unit’s water pressure is over 3 bar. So what’s the point of 10 years warranty when Joven can decide to void warranty and push all the issue to water pressure? Really felt cheated on the offer of 10 years warranty. For those who think the warranty is an advantage over other brands, think twice, even if they give 99 years of warranty also no use as they will come down and push issue to others and void your warranty. I checked out Joven’s product website and it stated water pressure set to 10 bar default, but don’t be misled as their technician and office supervisor confirmed that all their products can only support 3 bar ideally which is ironically lower than PUB’s standard declared by them. I found Ariston specification states max 8 bar online but I have a gut feel that it works. At least, being honest enough than publishing 10 bar but only can work with miserable 3 bar.

My Ariston Ti Shape 15l , made in Italy, is 2 months distant from reaching 6-year milestone, experienced water leakage yesterday. This Italy version was almost doubled the price of the same model which made in China the time I bought in Aug 2013. Without having much thought, I immediately Googled online and looked for a replacement by the same brand. I selected this new model Andris2 Lux 30l, made in Vietnam. The price was much cheaper, if not mistaken, even a few tenners cheaper than the 15l model that made in China in year 2013 as mentioned above. It was listed in Carousell by a reputable hardware shop, which also mentioned above. Without much thought, I ordered it and the hardware seller was able to arrange his plumber to install for me within the same day. It was the plumber's assistance mentioned to me that Joven is better than Ariston that prompted me to search for more reviews that I found this forum. This plumber assistant told me Joven has 10-years warranty and better. But I suspect he was biased to Joven because Joven is easier to install according to him. So, I decided to leave notes here and revisit again in future if my new Ariston breaks down sooner than the first one.

Joven is my number one choice for storage heater since years ago. Long lasting and able to keep boiled water hot for a couple of hours. It even has the water saving device in it for the latest models