Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wolverine_x

Retro Phone

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi everyone.. May I know where to get this kind of phone locally?

I saw one place selling it but it is $100++ and Made in China... it look very plastic and I think it don't cost so much at all... I think phone need a "safety" sticker on it too right?

Please help... Thanks.

http://www.telephones-online.co.uk/image430.jpg

Last week or so, we saw a retro phone at an Anchorpoint basement shop and it's going for S$125, if I remember the price correctly. Tom and I were surprised that it's actually so heavy. We were impressed with the dial too. I'm not sure of the country of origin.

Did you see it at Anchorpoint too?

I saw one from Courts before. Don't know if they still sell. Maybe you would like to check with them

www.ebay.com.sg

there is one guy selling REAL antique phone in sg.

Hi all.. I jus bought an vintage rotary dial phone from Russia... love it a lot.. and it cost ~S$70 after shipping.. There's even a CCCP logo in the front :)

But then the phone line plug is different.. I dismantle their plug and there's 2 wiring there, which I think can link it to our local plug and use it..

I have yet to try... hopefully it will work.. else I will just put it in living room for show :P

DSC07899.jpg

Nice move Wolverine. Update if the Russian phone works for local lines!

it should work in sg - the russian phone above and other real vintage phones(tested).

Hi Kris...

I still do not have time to do it.. Busy painting and buying stuff for my bedroom as need to complete on 31 Jul... as Hungry ghost festival starts on 1 Aug.

Anyway, I did a search in sg ebay as mentioned by Mace and I found a vintage phone expert in sg.. He has hundreds of phones from 1900s till now.. and he can repair, service or change overseas / vintage wiring cord for sg usage.... Yes, even a real vintage 1940s or 1950s can be modified for current usage... I have contacted him and he only charge $20 for changing my russian phone cord for local usage. I think I will let the expert to do it instead.. :P Maybe will ask him dismantle and clean up the phone too... :D

Anyway.. anyone looking for a vintage rotary phone like mine can look for him too... He has those Telecom rotary phone in the 80s... PM me for contact if interested.. Cheers!!!

Hi Kris...

I still do not have time to do it.. Busy painting and buying stuff for my bedroom as need to complete on 31 Jul... as Hungry ghost festival starts on 1 Aug.

Anyway, I did a search in sg ebay as mentioned by Mace and I found a vintage phone expert in sg.. He has hundreds of phones from 1900s till now.. and he can repair, service or change overseas / vintage wiring cord for sg usage.... Yes, even a real vintage 1940s or 1950s can be modified for current usage... I have contacted him and he only charge $20 for changing my russian phone cord for local usage. I think I will let the expert to do it instead.. :P Maybe will ask him dismantle and clean up the phone too... :D

Anyway.. anyone looking for a vintage rotary phone like mine can look for him too... He has those Telecom rotary phone in the 80s... PM me for contact if interested.. Cheers!!!

you can DIY when you have time - about 30mins-1hour.

if the connector can be open or open up the phone -

there should be 4 wires connected for older phones - currently we are using only 2 wires.

get a telephone wire - cut it, splice it.

by trial and error, tap the 2 wires into the 4 wire connectors of the phone.

Don worry, you cant "shortcircuit" the phone.

I got no problem with my 1930s rotary phone with singapore tel line. Just that when dialing 1800 or handphone numbers with a lot of 9s and 8s ....buey tahan :lol:

Hi everyone.. May I know where to get this kind of phone locally?

I saw one place selling it but it is $100++ and Made in China... it look very plastic and I think it don't cost so much at all... I think phone need a "safety" sticker on it too right?

Please help... Thanks.

<a href="http://www.telephones-online.co.uk/image430.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.telephones-online.co.uk/image430.jpg</a>

Are you still looking for antique telephone. I know people who have got beautiful telephone. I have personally bought it from them. but it is costly ranging from 250 to 700dollars. excellent in condition. most of the telephone are Bakelite and above 70years.

Are you still looking for antique telephone. I know people who have got beautiful telephone. I have personally bought it from them. but it is costly ranging from 250 to 700dollars. excellent in condition. most of the telephone are Bakelite and above 70years.

Hi Kris...I still do not have time to do it.. Busy painting and buying stuff for my bedroom as need to complete on 31 Jul... as Hungry ghost festival starts on 1 Aug. Anyway, I did a search in sg ebay as mentioned by Mace and I found a vintage phone expert in sg.. He has hundreds of phones from 1900s till now.. and he can repair, service or change overseas / vintage wiring cord for sg usage.... Yes, even a real vintage 1940s or 1950s can be modified for current usage... I have contacted him and he only charge $20 for changing my russian phone cord for local usage. I think I will let the expert to do it instead.. tongue.gif Maybe will ask him dismantle and clean up the phone too... biggrin.gifAnyway.. anyone looking for a vintage rotary phone like mine can look for him too... He has those Telecom rotary phone in the 80s... PM me for contact if interested.. Cheers!!!

I am interested in the rotary dial phone...any lobang...h/p:96740998