Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
windy

Our Home!

Hi all,

Only have one entry on my blog but decided to move here instead. Seems like more active here.

Have selected a unit at Tanglin Halt but still waiting for my keys collection. Other neighbours already collected theirs liao...our's taking very long and we are getting impatient liao..going to call HDB soon.

Chinese 7th month coming..so I don't think we will be in time to start the reno. Meanwhile, we are looking around for reno ideas and talking to ID / contractors to get quotations first. Hoping to do something simple, a minimalist / contemporary theme with a clean and tidy look.

Here's our floor plan..

Floorplan-1.jpg

Been looking around for furniture last month and found this 3 seater sofa at Courts.

DSC00107.jpg

Fell in love with it the first time we saw it. Can't find any similar one at other places like sungei kadut, IFC, furniture mall, IMM, ikea... should be going back to courts to buy at a later date..hopefully it's still available. The display is in white, but we want to get a black one. Anybody know where we can get similar type of sofa?

Edited by windy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi all,

Only have one entry on my blog but decided to move here instead. Seems like more active here.

Have selected a unit at Tanglin Halt but still waiting for my keys collection. Other neighbours already collected theirs liao...our's taking very long and we are getting impatient liao..going to call HDB soon.

Chinese 7th month coming..so I don't think we will be in time to start the reno. Meanwhile, we are looking around for reno ideas and talking to ID / contractors to get quotations first. Hoping to do something simple, a minimalist / contemporary theme with a clean and tidy look.

Here's our floor plan..

Floorplan-1.jpg

Been looking around for furniture last month and found this 3 seater sofa at Courts.

DSC00107.jpg

Fell in love with it the first time we saw it. Can't find any similar one at other places like sungei kadut, IFC, furniture mall, IMM, ikea... should be going back to courts to buy at a later date..hopefully it's still available. The display is in white, but we want to get a black one. Anybody know where we can get similar type of sofa?

1st to spam chop!!

Nice layout... have fun renovating!! :yamseng:

spam chop :dancingqueen:

actually your picture not very big mah

big big picture is nice :wub: :wub:

Ha...thanks for spamming! ok lo...keep the big big picture then..

Can't wait to get our keys...want to take lots of pics to post up here..

By the way, do you all think 15K is enough to do basic reno, i.e. flooring, kitchen cabinet, electrical works, painting and wadrobe for MBR?

By the way, do you all think 15K is enough to do basic reno, i.e. flooring, kitchen cabinet, electrical works, painting and wadrobe for MBR?

I think it'll be a little bit tight... have u been looking ard for Ids/contractors??

Not sure if 15k is enough given today's prices. We tend to think it's basic renovation we are looking at but we have a tendency to do more rather than less, and it all adds up.

Spam...spam...spam!!

Hello here from your neighbour from Blk 91. :D

I just moved in abt a week ago, even though carpentry's still not done. Fyi, we DIY everything except for flooring, windows and carpentry. So in my opinion, 15k is possible but u need to do very careful budgeting and planning. Just to share, this is what we've spent so far :

Flooring : $6k

Painting : $400

Capentry (kitchen cabinet, MBR wardrobe, sliding door for HSH, partition, shoe cabinet) : $9k

Feature wall (MBR) : $100

Windows & shower screens : $1k

Total : $16.5k

So, if u take away some carpentry items from what I mentioned above, then $15k is possible. But like what others have mentioned, it's very easy to go beyond our budget, cos during the reno process, we will always be tempted to add in extra items. In my case, we DIY, so we can choose to get things done gradually according to what we can afford.

We didn't engage any contractors/ID, only sub-contractors to get the various works done. This has also saved us lots of money but u need to have the time to do lots of coordination and planning. If you are interested, u can PM me for contacts.

Good luck on your home reno! :yamseng:

Spam!!!!

Yeah, Apple're right.

Go for basic and practical approach and hopefully your budget can meet.

Bear in mind that nowadays, everything has been up and up.

LIke mine, very basic reno, no fanciful things like features wall etc....and I am able to meet my tight budget.

yup agree that it'll be a little tight

not impossible, but got to forgo a lot of things

everything go for basic sure can do :notti:

Thanks all for your advice. Will look around for more quotations.

So happy, will be collecting my keys next Thu... time to get busy..lots of things to decide