Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Digital Door Lock

Hi, is anyone using such lock system (biometric, card tapping etc) or considering to install one?

So far I've only seen one such shop at IMM. Anywhere else that can offer a more competitive price for such locks?

:yamseng:

Edited by jopp

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Can try door's plus. Have been offered but i am still old fashion and prefer the key. I have seen good reviews on door's plus and have met James the owner and we have also bought all our iron mongeries from them.

As we did not shop around to compare price, really cannot tell you if they are cheaper or not but one thing for sure is good service, knowledgeable, patient and humble.

Hi, is anyone using such lock system (biometric, card tapping etc) or considering to install one?

So far I've only seen one such shop at IMM. Anywhere else that can offer a more competitive price for such locks?

:yamseng:

I believe that most "Wu Jin" shops will sell.

Theres one at textile center first floor that also sells the blum stuff... you can check out with them.. but i think.. easily 500 to 700 range for the lock.. lol..

wife was saying actually nobody wanna rob you want.. then you go install such an expensive and sophisticated lock.. ppl really think we rich..

kekeke

I believe that most "Wu Jin" shops will sell.

Theres one at textile center first floor that also sells the blum stuff... you can check out with them.. but i think.. easily 500 to 700 range for the lock.. lol..

wife was saying actually nobody wanna rob you want.. then you go install such an expensive and sophisticated lock.. ppl really think we rich..

kekeke

The one I'm looking at is by Samsung (yes, the Korean brand famous for LCD TV :rolleyes: ). Was quoted $1280 for a system that'll replace the entire door lock system. There was also a 700+ model but that'll require the existing key-lock to still be installed. Aesthetically, it's not so nice oso.

LOL. It's not about the Rob factor lah....more so of convenience...no need to bring with you a bunch of keys, especially when I need to still carry with me the keys to my parent's house :sport-smiley-003:. Basically it's either Pin code entry, or tapping of a small "key" (smaller than DBS internet banking security device). :good:

yes u can try Door Plus at 338changi road #01-07 or www.doorplus.com.sg

just visit the shop last sat;)

thanks! however the website link doesn't seem to work. And do u happen to have their contact no.? Think I'd like to give them a call to check out the brands and range they carry before making a trip to the east from the west. :P (Petrol now bery ex lor...Haha!)

hi I've been contemplating for a few months liao, still thinking whether to replace current lockset to digital ones.

in a recent reno show at sg expo, i saw a booth selling samsung lockset with handle (replaces entire lock system). it was $1500, not sure if it's the same one u mentioned..

Edited by latitude

The one I'm looking at is by Samsung (yes, the Korean brand famous for LCD TV :rolleyes: ). Was quoted $1280 for a system that'll replace the entire door lock system. There was also a 700+ model but that'll require the existing key-lock to still be installed. Aesthetically, it's not so nice oso.

Hi, I am currently using this for my new house. We moved in about 1 month ago. It is certainly very convenient as we do not have to bring any key with us. Just press our code and it's open. There's also two types of biometric cards and key if all fails. We don't even bother to lock the gate now.

Hi, I am currently using this for my new house. We moved in about 1 month ago. It is certainly very convenient as we do not have to bring any key with us. Just press our code and it's open. There's also two types of biometric cards and key if all fails. We don't even bother to lock the gate now.

indeed sophia! i was so bought over after looking at how the lock works! :sport-smiley-004:

the samsung one i was looking at, if battery runs flat, can even be immediately charged up using a 9V batt.

wat brand of lock r u using btw?

hi I've been contemplating for a few months liao, still thinking whether to replace current lockset to digital ones.

in a recent reno show at sg expo, i saw a booth selling samsung lockset with handle (replaces entire lock system). it was $1500, not sure if it's the same one u mentioned..

the model is EZON SHS-5120. Like this >> http://www.asmag.com/asm/common/product_de...-20&id=6781

does 1.5k include installation? the IMM shop quoted me 1.28k include installation wor. Anyway, according to the SA, it'll be easier to install on a brand new door, than a door wif existing lockset due to the need to remove the existing parts and patch the gaps to fit the new lockset.

yes! that is the model which i was quoted $1500 w/installation. sounds like u've got a better deal. I'm still thinking... as I still prefer to change the entire lockset rather than half digital with key lock..I feel it looks odd.. yes they did mention that since I'm not changing the door, I need to measure current lockset to see if the new one fit in well.. else there might be holes and additional drilling........

Edited by latitude

yes! that is the model which i was quoted $1500 w/installation. sounds like u've got a better deal. I'm still thinking... as I still prefer to change the entire lockset rather than half digital with key lock..I feel it looks odd.. yes they did mention that since I'm not changing the door, I need to measure current lockset to see if the new one fit in well.. else there might be holes and additional drilling........

i tot the other type of "add-on" digital lockset (that means the existing lockset remains) has a not-so-nice mechanism at the back of the door. Rather bulky, IMO. Of cos, the front part may oso look complicated with a reader + key hole. :unsure:

indeed sophia! i was so bought over after looking at how the lock works! :sport-smiley-004:

the samsung one i was looking at, if battery runs flat, can even be immediately charged up using a 9V batt.

wat brand of lock r u using btw?

the model is EZON SHS-5120. Like this >> http://www.asmag.com/asm/common/product_de...-20&id=6781

does 1.5k include installation? the IMM shop quoted me 1.28k include installation wor. Anyway, according to the SA, it'll be easier to install on a brand new door, than a door wif existing lockset due to the need to remove the existing parts and patch the gaps to fit the new lockset.

I got the Samsung one, it's black with handle. Got it from the shop at IMM. That's the price i paid with installation. The boss personally comes down to do installation. My door is not a new one, there were some patching to do but the workmanship was good. After a good coat of paint, it was as good as new.

Can someone confirm what is the exact address of Door Plus? I was told it is 118 Changi Road, but someone here mentioned 338 Changi Road?

Which brand is recommended for Biometric locks? I prefer something with softer tones and not loud and sharp.

I went down to the IMM shop yesterday. Sales lady only recommended the Samsung one, which I don't like. I prefer the looks of Gateman and Mykey. I was also recommended Virdi by thegadgethome. Any comments on these brands?

Toying with the idea of installing this gadget since using the Gateman one at my parent's new home. :dribble:

I am also using a keypad door lock...was installed FOC cos the last time IDA was trialing some digital home concept with digital door lock, sensors and stuff...so I got it free...just pin number with key as backup...

LOL. It's not about the Rob factor lah....more so of convenience...no need to bring with you a bunch of keys, especially when I need to still carry with me the keys to my parent's house :sport-smiley-003:. Basically it's either Pin code entry, or tapping of a small "key" (smaller than DBS internet banking security device). :good:

thanks! however the website link doesn't seem to work. And do u happen to have their contact no.? Think I'd like to give them a call to check out the brands and range they carry before making a trip to the east from the west. :P (Petrol now bery ex lor...Haha!)

sorry this is the right one :P

http://www.doorsplus.com.sg