Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Digital Door Lock

Are these digital door locks waterproof? Will rain water affect the lock? Anyone?

I am not the expert but having just installed one (Samsung SHS-5120), I think it can withstand a few indirect sprays but that is not waterproof :dunno: .

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all,

I am also interested in the Samsung 5120, but I heard that it comes with a emergency key feature. If thats the case, then wouldn't it becoming the same as normal lock? if I lost the key, someone find it, this lock is still useless.

Is there some other models that is gd?

Just got one (see my post above!). Yes, your are right - it has a physical key access feature for just that.

Do it like me lah .... put one at place x, another one at place y (yes, two keys are in the package).

Then send an email to yourself to remind you where you placed it. When bad luck :jawdrop: happens n years later, do a search on "key" in your email box . :dancingqueen:

Cheers! :yamseng:

You use the key only in emergency of course (so it is not "If thats the case, then wouldn't it becoming the same as normal lock?" ) :bangwall:

Edited by atlantis2267

Anyone use Yale YDM4109? Or where can I buy it and cost? :unsure:

http://www.yaleasia.com/en/yale/yale-asia/...;productId=9461

Thx

This one looks like the Gateman F100 I was evaluating (before eventually choosing Samsung 5120).

In the link you provided; there is a large downloaded picture -- and I spotted a "Gateman" printed on the lock; so it looks like an OEM version.

If F100 is the equivalent, do an eBAY search for iRevo Gateman F100 Biometric Fingerprint Lock; that would give you an indicative range --- or just go for F100 :yeah:.

3.jpg

Edited by atlantis2267

Installed.. shs 1110 .. love the silver colour and the white digital numbers .

Yet to test it.. will move in by 5th dec to test the new toy.

Just a note to whoever interested.

shs 1320 - Digital Number Colour is BLUE (New Model - Using Card Access) Black

shs 1210 - Digital Number Colour is WHITE (Old Model - Using a toggle) Black

shs 1110 - Digital Number Colour is WHITE (Old Model - Using a toggle) Silver

Products URL: http://www.samsungdigitallife.com/Products/mainproduct.html

My mother uses two of these SHS-1210 (front and back door) in her apartment in Malaysia; trying to make it a little bit more complex for the thieves there (yeah - still not thieves proof but hey maybe they will look for traditional door lock alternatives for picking). They are priced so cheaply now on eBAY.sg (just saw it today -- only $90 USD excluding installation/postage :bangwall: compared to a year ago) that I would think these will be the preferred models for those with more than one door for entry (for "fail-over" :sport-smiley-004: ?). I had chosen SHS-5120 because my HDB has only one door (for entry) and I needed a physical key as a backup :furious: .

As an aside, for my mother, the toggle (SHS-1210/1110) is good enough but the RFID card access (SHS-1320) is more convenient for those minimalist (just another card in the wallet). In practice, we use neither - the pin combination is still the most 'zen' :thumbs up: .

Edited by atlantis2267

Key locks are just the worst, every time you want in and every time you want to lock up, you’ve got to go through the enormous task of turning that key. Sure, it doesn’t sound like much, but it would be a lot easier (and about a million times cooler) if you could just wave a little card and the door would lock or open itself for you. That still leaves the annoying process of turning the doorknob, but a solution for that isn’t quite ready yet.

San Jose Locksmiths, Emergency Locksmith San Jose

As a recent convert (to using digital door lock), yes - I can 'appreciate' the statement made above (though I would have laughed at it before actually installed one for my house).

However, we had been using physical keys for the last x decades of our life - without much complaint.

So, what's the 'tipping point' for this new found luxury?

Simple, the price points for these brought about by the online sellers will allow me to install on all my children's rooms ... now that is too carried away (for now) - or is it? :dribble: .

Edited by atlantis2267

This one looks like the Gateman F100 I was evaluating (before eventually choosing Samsung 5120).

In the link you provided; there is a large downloaded picture -- and I spotted a "Gateman" printed on the lock; so it looks like an OEM version.

If F100 is the equivalent, do an eBAY search for iRevo Gateman F100 Biometric Fingerprint Lock; that would give you an indicative range --- or just go for F100 :yeah:.

Hi altantis

Yes you're correct if I'm not wrong Yale brought over the Gateman hence you see Gateman printed in the lock

I'm looking for someone to supply and install the lock, any lobang?

:yamseng:

Hi altantis

Yes you're correct if I'm not wrong Yale brought over the Gateman hence you see Gateman printed in the lock

I'm looking for someone to supply and install the lock, any lobang?

:yamseng:

I got mine from Desmond 9830-7788 (mentioned in this thread); he has the Gateman series as well. My relative (who stays in a strata terrace) has also bought/installed 3 units (F10 and F100's) through him.

But I need emergency physical key :bangwall: - hence Samsung.

Maybe ask around here to see if more buyers got more discount or not...

I got mine from Desmond 9830-7788 (mentioned in this thread); he has the Gateman series as well. My relative (who stays in a strata terrace) has also bought/installed 3 units (F10 and F100's) through him.

But I need emergency physical key :bangwall: - hence Samsung.

Maybe ask around here to see if more buyers got more discount or not...

Hi altlantis, any idea which co. Desmond working for?

Thx

I'm thinking of getting a SHS-5120 but need to install it on a wooden door. Has anyone has any experience installing the mortise part on a wooden door?

any guide or pictures would be great.

Hi everyone,

am considering to get digital lock for home....any recommendations pls?

whats the best deal I can get for <$500, any online sales for it plus installation?

Thanks very much.

I'm interested in getting a Virdi 430FP. I like it's features of access by fingerprint, passcode and key. Also, the auto sliding cover is cool. The LED backlight keypad helps you to see better at night.

Any one has use this product? :rolleyes:

Product features

1. More Convenient

-Auto Sensing Function

-Auto sliding cover

-Various Access Function

-Network system

-LED Backlight keypad

2. More Secure

-High performance optical fingerprint sensor

-Safe structure against the electric and ESD shock

-Auto unlocking function when it’s on fire

Auto Sensing

-User authentication by only punching a fingerprint without pressing any key

Auto Sliding Open & Close

-The sliding cover opens by one touch and closes automatically after authentication is completed

Various Access Function

-Fingerprint, Password and Emergency key

Fire Sensing Function

-When the atmosphere temperature rises up to some level by a fire, this will unlock the door automatically

Optical Sensor detecting a fake fingerprint

-Sensor can detect a fake fingerprint even precise fake fingerprints using silicon, rubber, etc.

er power failure how ah? so it's either fingerprint, passcode or key or must have 3 of them together? :)

It runs on battery. Before battery runs out it will give a warning. If really run out, you can use the 9V battery to power the lock or use mechanical key. Thats what the salesman told me.

I thought I just add in to this tread since it is already 4 pages long. I hope to decide in the next few days.

I'm interested in getting a Virdi 430FP. I like it's features of access by fingerprint, passcode and key. Also, the auto sliding cover is cool. The LED backlight keypad helps you to see better at night.

Any one has use this product?

Product features

1. More Convenient

-Auto Sensing Function

-Auto sliding cover

-Various Access Function

-Network system

-LED Backlight keypad

2. More Secure

-High performance optical fingerprint sensor

-Safe structure against the electric and ESD shock

-Auto unlocking function when it’s on fire

Auto Sensing

-User authentication by only punching a fingerprint without pressing any key

Auto Sliding Open & Close

-The sliding cover opens by one touch and closes automatically after authentication is completed

Various Access Function

-Fingerprint, Password and Emergency key

Fire Sensing Function

-When the atmosphere temperature rises up to some level by a fire, this will unlock the door automatically

Optical Sensor detecting a fake fingerprint

-Sensor can detect a fake fingerprint even precise fake fingerprints using silicon, rubber, etc.