Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Digital Door Lock

Hi,

My wooden main door is unsuitable for the digital lock, nor I am keen in rim lock. I guess I have to stick to the manual lock then. Thanks for the GB initiative.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

My wooden main door is unsuitable for the digital lock, nor I am keen in rim lock. I guess I have to stick to the manual lock then. Thanks for the GB initiative.

Sry. Do you mind telling why it is not suitable? I just wonder if there is any requirement for such installation.

Thanks.

Eric

Hi,

Is this possible for us to install the digital keylocks ourself? I saw some videos demo it in youtube.

Just realize there is another guy called rachael.zhang82 selling these kind of digital keylocks in ebay. Anyone bought from this guy b4?

Thanks.

Eric

Yeah - I saw that video too, you can install if you are a handyman with the relevant tool (especially the boring tool - that drills the hole through the door). I checked with the seller some time back: his 1-yr warranty does not cover the situation where we install our own. The reason given was that bad installation cases in the past (due to inexperience of house owners or traditional locksmith) has damaged the door lock- and buyers claimed warranty. He offers what is called "Pay only if it fits" assurance for his lock+warranty+installation - to ensure all parties are well-covered for the low price he offers. It's better you call him (same seller) - but please note "lock only" is not part of the group buy negotiated here - for reasons mentioned.

Edited by atlantis2267

Sry. Do you mind telling why it is not suitable? I just wonder if there is any requirement for such installation.

Thanks.

Eric

The width of my wooden door is too wide for the digital locking mechanism. Period.

The current seller's price for SHS-5120 is $559;I got mine in Oct last year with the old price (I think you did a google search directly instead of within eBAY, hence you see expired listing with the old price).

The negotiated price is 8% off current listing (as of Jan 18 - within 2 weeks); I don't think it is fair to ask a seller to hold a price too far out into the future if Korean Won is rising.

Does the 5120 @ S$519 includes installation and local warranty?

Thanks

Yeah - I saw that video too, you can install if you are a handyman with the relevant tool (especially the boring tool - that drills the hole through the door). I checked with the seller some time back: his 1-yr warranty does not cover the situation where we install our own. The reason given was that bad installation cases in the past (due to inexperience of house owners or traditional locksmith) has damaged the door lock- and buyers claimed warranty. He offers what is called "Pay only if it fits" assurance for his lock+warranty+installation - to ensure all parties are well-covered for the low price he offers. It's better you call him (same seller) - but please note "lock only" is not part of the group buy negotiated here - for reasons mentioned.

hi atlantis2267,

Thx for ur reply!

I think I can install it myself but it is definitely better to get professional to do it for us instead.

Anyway, i think both rachael.zhang82 and interlock are the same person!? Coz the contact numbers are the same in both ads.

Just wonder if u guys only rely on the digital lock on the wooden door. Or u guys still lock the metal gate? Then still need to carry keys wat...!?

Atlantis, still awaiting your email regarding the partial payment for the group buy.

Minimalis, there is no arrangement through my side - for any payment (partial or otherwise).

As described in my group-buy closing posting (#63) in this thread earlier, the transaction is direct between interested party with the seller.

PS. I wasn't aware you were expecting an email from me. I could have missed PM since this forums' PM box quota is small.

Edited by atlantis2267

hi atlantis2267,

Thx for ur reply!

Just wonder if u guys only rely on the digital lock on the wooden door. Or u guys still lock the metal gate? Then still need to carry keys wat...!?

I think most use the gate to let the air or wind come in (when you are at home).

If you need double security - install another lock (the rim lock type). :o

Register the RFID card to both locks - so tap and tap only to get in!

i would like to ask some really silly questions..

if i go out, i will still need to lock my main gate and wooden door right? or the keyless system takes the place of both the main gate and wooden door lock?

i would like to ask some really silly questions..

if i go out, i will still need to lock my main gate and wooden door right? or the keyless system takes the place of both the main gate and wooden door lock?

It (a mortise type) can replace your existing mortise lock (hotlinked).

samsungtouch_1.jpg

It (a rim type - pic below) can also be installed in addition to your wooden door lock. You can leave your existing mortise wooden door lock as is and lock it when you are overseas for example.

ezon-digital-door-lock.jpg

How many locks you want to lock depends on you :-) - but I would think you use a digital door lock because it is convenient. - so you only use the old door lock and gate lock (when going overseas for a long stretch, example)

--- but the digital door lock does not lock the other old locks for you (of course) ---

[i don't think I answered your question, but I hope you can infer the answer from my attempt ]

Edited by atlantis2267

juz installed my f100 laz wk. ard 2 hrs to be installed. the kind gentleman bought 3 types for me to choose from, f100 and f10 by gateman.. and samsung 6020.

y i decided to go for digital...?? conventional door lock doesn't lock by itself after u enter a house (new flats have main door that close by itself). Sometimes, u or ur kids may forget to lock n hence, da security issues arises.

y i choose gateman...??? its fingerprint, unlike the samsung (card)

y not f10...??? aesthetic reasons... no doubt f10 is more secure, but i will have 2 separate stuff sticking out from my main door... da digital device & the main handle. f100 have both combined into 1 sleek device

verdict: blown away by itz coolness. totally gives a home dat futuristic feel. (my 2 cents worth)

juz installed my f100 laz wk. ard 2 hrs to be installed. the kind gentleman bought 3 types for me to choose from, f100 and f10 by gateman.. and samsung 6020.

y i decided to go for digital...?? conventional door lock doesn't lock by itself after u enter a house (new flats have main door that close by itself). Sometimes, u or ur kids may forget to lock n hence, da security issues arises.

y i choose gateman...??? its fingerprint, unlike the samsung (card)

y not f10...??? aesthetic reasons... no doubt f10 is more secure, but i will have 2 separate stuff sticking out from my main door... da digital device & the main handle. f100 have both combined into 1 sleek device

verdict: blown away by itz coolness. totally gives a home dat futuristic feel. (my 2 cents worth)

i thought f100 is the one with main handle. the one u installed is with or w/o the handle? show us some pictures lah...

:D

It (a mortise type) can replace your existing mortise lock (hotlinked).

samsungtouch_1.jpg

It (a rim type - pic below) can also be installed in addition to your wooden door lock. You can leave your existing mortise wooden door lock as is and lock it when you are overseas for example.

ezon-digital-door-lock.jpg

How many locks you want to lock depends on you :-) - but I would think you use a digital door lock because it is convenient. - so you only use the old door lock and gate lock (when going overseas for a long stretch, example)

--- but the digital door lock does not lock the other old locks for you (of course) ---

[i don't think I answered your question, but I hope you can infer the answer from my attempt ]

yup you helped to answer quite a bit...hmm....so in the end i will still need to carry around a key for my main gate right? or you guys dont lock your main gates?