Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Digital Door Lock

yup you helped to answer quite a bit...hmm....so in the end i will still need to carry around a key for my main gate right? or you guys dont lock your main gates?

If you always lock the metal gates every time you leave the house, I think it would defeat :dunno: the purpose of installing a digital door lock for the wooden door.

If it is for additional security that you lock the metal gate, consider my (not so) crazy idea of installing a rim lock and a mortise lock... yes... two locks :sport-smiley-003: .

You can program one of them to manual-lock (mimicking metal gate) and the other auto-lock (for the convenience). [ I guess you can leave the metal gate there for sentimental reasons or remove it ]

If nothing else, I am sure it would be a conversational (controversial?) topic when your friends/relatives visit.

PS. I think for a harden :bangwall: criminal eyeing your house, you need more than locks.

Edited by atlantis2267

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
juz installed my f100 laz wk. ard 2 hrs to be installed. the kind gentleman bought 3 types for me to choose from, f100 and f10 by gateman.. and samsung 6020.

y i decided to go for digital...?? conventional door lock doesn't lock by itself after u enter a house (new flats have main door that close by itself). Sometimes, u or ur kids may forget to lock n hence, da security issues arises.

y i choose gateman...??? its fingerprint, unlike the samsung (card)

y not f10...??? aesthetic reasons... no doubt f10 is more secure, but i will have 2 separate stuff sticking out from my main door... da digital device & the main handle. f100 have both combined into 1 sleek device

verdict: blown away by itz coolness. totally gives a home dat futuristic feel. (my 2 cents worth)

I think the digital door lock will get as common as a TV in Singapore (well, almost).

Enjoy while it is not - and you can "top up" coolness by getting a remote control too. :D

Edited by atlantis2267

yup, did got the remote control... hehe.

for digital lock becoming common, may or may not be true... but if its true, lets enjoy it while it lasts....

juz installed my f100 laz wk. ard 2 hrs to be installed. the kind gentleman bought 3 types for me to choose from, f100 and f10 by gateman.. and samsung 6020.

y i decided to go for digital...?? conventional door lock doesn't lock by itself after u enter a house (new flats have main door that close by itself). Sometimes, u or ur kids may forget to lock n hence, da security issues arises.

y i choose gateman...??? its fingerprint, unlike the samsung (card)

y not f10...??? aesthetic reasons... no doubt f10 is more secure, but i will have 2 separate stuff sticking out from my main door... da digital device & the main handle. f100 have both combined into 1 sleek device

verdict: blown away by itz coolness. totally gives a home dat futuristic feel. (my 2 cents worth)

what is this 2 separate stuff sticking out? i want something with more security...

what is this 2 separate stuff sticking out? i want something with more security...

the F10 does not come with the handlebar thus u need a traditional handle on top of the digital lock. thus its 2 stuff sticking out of your door. the F100 comes integrated with the handle.

Melvin, are you comparing "more security" with:

a) traditional locks <-------------- I do believe digital door lock is more secure (you can't pick a lock, whereas if you google around and on youtube, it is interesting to see how a lock can be picked and I saw some HK/China online sites selling door picking tool sets).

b) within the range of digital door locks? <---------------- I think fingerprint would be more secure in the overall sense (though RFID card is as 'secure' as a traditional key).

Hi guys, finally i've bought my Samsung Digital Lock.....super nice!

Bought from DoorPlus from Liang Court, have a $50 voucher from there, am letting go at $25.

If interested, sms me at 97732241

Hi guys, finally i've bought my Samsung Digital Lock.....super nice!

Bought from DoorPlus from Liang Court, have a $50 voucher from there, am letting go at $25.

If interested, sms me at 97732241

which model did u get? and whats the damage?

i think its Samsung 1310, its has a skin cover (grey-silver design) & looks perfect for my white door/bronze gates cos not as harsh as black....cost abt 450, but its really nice so well worth the px!

Does anyone knows any locksmith/friends which can install the SHS 5120?

What's the likely charges for the installation?

Thanks A lot

I was scouting around HomeFix locations, they supposed to be bringing in another Korean brand into the shops for Jan, but looks like they shelved the plan from what the store manager told me today - tot have another option & at least backed by an established company. Think the last time their Samsung digital locks they had is quite reasonably priced.

Sorry to interrupt the samsung+gatemen bulk buy.. & just here to share w u.

I called the Yale office this morning to inquire abt the Yale European mortice DDL.

and they said 1 of their agents are doing sm promo or some kinda road show tomorrow @ Orchard Central Level 4

u may wanna chk tt out just for reference.

i hv seen several Digital lock frm gatemen but d small mortice just didn't feel secure enuf for me.

Thou price, i knw, is alot more expensive, but the larger mortice & mechanical key over-write really sounds like a feature samsung & gatemen is lacking.

which eventually brings down to safety & security, which is my purpose to buy a lock.

I also learned that those Yale locks are PSB approved, so i think its definitely safe&security for our local authority to approve.

$1388 is really too much for Yale & im hoping to c if there is a better price @ the roadshow.

i hv seen several Digital lock frm gatemen but d small mortice just didn't feel secure enuf for me.

Thou price, i knw, is alot more expensive, but the larger mortice & mechanical key over-write really sounds like a feature samsung & gatemen is lacking.

which eventually brings down to safety & security, which is my purpose to buy a lock.

I also learned that those Yale locks are PSB approved, so i think its definitely safe&security for our local authority to approve.

$1388 is really too much for Yale & im hoping to c if there is a better price @ the roadshow.

Which part do you mean by mortise? The whole thing or just the bolts?

0712rocky12.jpg

I'm not sure if thieves and robbers will know that the Yale lock has bigger 'mortise' than a Gateman's. I guess if they plan to get into your house, they will pry it open with a crow bar - and I am not sure if the 'size

' (hidden) is a deterrent. That said, I haven't got the opportunity to see if a crow bar will fail with a bigger 'mortise'; so peace of mind maybe worth the big price.

BTW, how much more bigger is the "mortise"?

Edited by atlantis2267

I don't think PSB approve our safety/security but it must be approving something based on the lock. I'm just curious what PSB tested on for a well-accepted digital door lock with a big market share in Korea ~50% of digital door purchases (claim on their web site). That said, it is a big amount to fork out for the peace of mind.

(I'm not doubting your requirements - but it does beg the question on exactly what the PSB certification really mean to us - other than a sticker?)

Edited by atlantis2267

i think its Samsung 1310, its has a skin cover (grey-silver design) & looks perfect for my white door/bronze gates cos not as harsh as black....cost abt 450, but its really nice so well worth the px!

picture better :rolleyes:

b1eb0a94e763a0b7cc351540802d6b59.gif