Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Digital Door Lock

Does anyone knows any locksmith/friends which can install the SHS 5120?

What's the likely charges for the installation?

Thanks A lot

Can give the group-buy seller a call to see if he is willing. Follow post #63.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
atlantis bro, just wondering if u have met your 10 ppl requirement? interested in the lock, but just that my new door...is not even up yet. zzz

I'm two short (or thereabout :dunno: ) ; though most of us have installed.

The seller has Samsung and Gateman locks.

To help narrow down the options, the below may help

- choosing if mortise or rim lock

- choosing if finger print access is needed (if yes, only the Gateman's)

The group buyers seems to lock in on Gateman's F100 (mortise), but there is the F10, V10 (rim models) as well. The F's has biometrics ie fingerprint.

Will post some pics but you can google too.

Edited by atlantis2267

There is a similar post in renotalk about digital lock.

I got my gateman f10 from desmond, 98307788. I can almost garranty his price is the cheapest. The set is direct from korea (still chanting korean while using the lock).

He carries all sorts of digital lock. The price is VERY competitive compare to retailer. (can nego somemore :))

Sorry to interrupt the samsung+gatemen bulk buy.. & just here to share w u.

I called the Yale office this morning to inquire abt the Yale European mortice DDL.

and they said 1 of their agents are doing sm promo or some kinda road show tomorrow @ Orchard Central Level 4

u may wanna chk tt out just for reference.

i hv seen several Digital lock frm gatemen but d small mortice just didn't feel secure enuf for me.

Thou price, i knw, is alot more expensive, but the larger mortice & mechanical key over-write really sounds like a feature samsung & gatemen is lacking.

which eventually brings down to safety & security, which is my purpose to buy a lock.

I also learned that those Yale locks are PSB approved, so i think its definitely safe&security for our local authority to approve.

$1388 is really too much for Yale & im hoping to c if there is a better price @ the roadshow.

Haiz, that rdshow is really miserable.

more like flea market took me half hr to find tt stall.

& no really decent promo lor.. so crappy. only sm lame vouchers which hv to buy more Yale products.

Sorry if u guys made a trip to chk it out. tot i could just share a gd kangtao

I don't think PSB approve our safety/security but it must be approving something based on the lock. I'm just curious what PSB tested on for a well-accepted digital door lock with a big market share in Korea ~50% of digital door purchases (claim on their web site). That said, it is a big amount to fork out for the peace of mind.

(I'm not doubting your requirements - but it does beg the question on exactly what the PSB certification really mean to us - other than a sticker?)

Which part do you mean by mortise? The whole thing or just the bolts?

0712rocky12.jpg

I'm not sure if thieves and robbers will know that the Yale lock has bigger 'mortise' than a Gateman's. I guess if they plan to get into your house, they will pry it open with a crow bar - and I am not sure if the 'size

' (hidden) is a deterrent. That said, I haven't got the opportunity to see if a crow bar will fail with a bigger 'mortise'; so peace of mind maybe worth the big price.

BTW, how much more bigger is the "mortise"?

Sorry ah, i thk u should hv lotsa knowledge in this area like a Salesmen for such locks since u had dominated this topic for more than 70% post.

Honestly, i just perceive such larger mortice r just more secure & all i thk is tt PSB is for safety compliance for fire-rated HDB doors.

if u really need d nitty gritty details for your WHYs & HOWs [like with those stimulated crop bar senarios, u gotta call YALE assa abloy & consult them urself]

http://www.yaleasia.com/en/yale/yale-asia/...nmental-Policy/

Sorry again to un-intentionally challenge the big brother with my humble lobang,

your GATEMEN series from KOREA really rocks & dominate this topic.

hope your supplier give u a real big angpao for your aggressive mktg efforts.

please stop hammering me with your replies.

It (a mortise type) can replace your existing mortise lock (hotlinked).

samsungtouch_1.jpg

It (a rim type - pic below) can also be installed in addition to your wooden door lock. You can leave your existing mortise wooden door lock as is and lock it when you are overseas for example.

ezon-digital-door-lock.jpg

How many locks you want to lock depends on you :-) - but I would think you use a digital door lock because it is convenient. - so you only use the old door lock and gate lock (when going overseas for a long stretch, example)

--- but the digital door lock does not lock the other old locks for you (of course) ---

[i don't think I answered your question, but I hope you can infer the answer from my attempt ]

wah so many new models after i confirm for the F100 :P

Atlantis - not sure if I'm reading your post correctly, so what you are saying that the normal hdb metal gate can also install one of these digital lock?

Haiz, that rdshow is really miserable.

more like flea market took me half hr to find tt stall.

& no really decent promo lor.. so crappy. only sm lame vouchers which hv to buy more Yale products.

Sorry if u guys made a trip to chk it out. tot i could just share a gd kangtao

haha k anyway thanks for sharing, I will love to buy from them if they are really priced within my budget, but too ex leh the last time I enquire from the Yale distributor...

Anyway how much are they pricing it now?

wah so many new models after i confirm for the F100 :P

Atlantis - not sure if I'm reading your post correctly, so what you are saying that the normal hdb metal gate can also install one of these digital lock?

No lah -- those pictures I simply google'd to show rim and mortise locks; they don't represent what is available in Singapore market!

F100 - I think still 'lord of the digital locks' lah.

No -- I did not mention that can install on gates. It cannot for sure -- well 100% not on my metal gate!

Have you installed?

Can give the group-buy seller a call to see if he is willing. Follow post #63.

I 'kay-poh' ask the seller.

He says $180 to install lock (for samsung and gateman's); he also said his is still cheapest and the best'est (cos his company install so many) - that he offers pay only if it fits guarantee (well if you buy from him lah!). My calculation: lock and install from different vendors => more expensive. You do the maths.

atlantis bro, just wondering if u have met your 10 ppl requirement? interested in the lock, but just that my new door...is not even up yet. zzz

Last call .... Dextrox82 and all group buyers!

Whether meet or not our obligation of 10 units group-buy (both seller and me lost track completely - or don't know how to track which one comes from the original list and those add on), we agreed to make it simple.

Group buy applies till this Wednesday Feb 3rd midnite. , anything not concluded by then sorry -- cos seller says group buy eats into a healthy business (margins) - for an already good price.

Interested parties, see post #63 for instructions, remember till Wed midnite. Then pricing back to normal (on ebay); and someone can arrange next group buy / talk to seller.

Edited by atlantis2267

yea.. the discount is pretty significant, especially if u wanna get the remote too (cost add. $90).

also, u need to add $20 for the rebate adapter (applicable to 2-leaf rebated doors).. in other words, main doors that have 2 sided hinges. those with single sided hinges, no need.

for me, im pretty happy wif the product, but remember that the f100 doesn't work well with sweaty fingers. the fingerprint detection not really effective in detecting sweaty fingerprints... even if u wipe them dry (speakin from experiences. tried so many times til t i gave up liao)

also, the korean-speakin device may be quite irritating, but this can be disabled. (need to open up the device n d/c the cable, which i dunno how)