Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Digital Door Lock

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
What a beauty again - Gateman V100 - to tempt those staying on the sideline ... and it is just two Nike shoes's ($). :D

V100-H_2.jpg

Hi atlantis2267,

I am finalising the reno of my new place. Am contemplating getting a digital lock with card access & emergency key.

Which brand would you recommend? Samsung, Gateman or?

Lastly, how is the installation like?

Appreciate your advice. Thanks in advance buddy!

Someone asked some time ago on installing on the gate (metal gate?)... and I always wondered why.

Why - if I may ask?

If you use the gate for security purpose, I had this crazy idea (no one did it yet) --- install two digital locks on the door! Be the first Singaporean to do it.......

I always like the idea of not having the look for my keys to enter my house - just swipe my wallet over it to open the both gate and main door. For even better security, main door can use biometric (fingerprint) in case you are worried that U lost your RFID card outside. Esp when I go down for a short while, I prefer to just take my wallet and mobile phone (carry another set of keys is a hassel for lazy people like me).

I feel there is a need to install digital lock on both gate & main door. To just install one digital lock on the main door is not good enough in my case.

When some one is at home, I prefer to have the main door wide open and my gate locked - so that the wind can flow into the house. So if the gate is not able to install with digital lock then I still needs the key to open / lock the gate when they return/goes out.

In another case, if I am returning back home to empty house (both main door and gate already locked), then the

I will still need to look for the key to open the gate. Since I have already found the key to gate, to open

the main door with key is no longer the issue.

So I feel feel that install a digital lock on the gate is a important consideration to truly maximised the advantage over price.

Edited by new_home_maker

Hi ejzoen, had PMed you my contact details.

I'm keen to install YDM 4109. Need it urgently this weekend as I had completed my renovation and just moved in... would like to change the lock asap for security reasons.

We have 9buyers now. im gg to send the buyers contacts to the Dealer end of today & i'll bargain for the 20% mark.

for those who want them earlier they can make arrangement to install this wk or maybe next. [Minimalis PM me if they havent call u]

for those you are still keen i'll continue to collect the order as long as we commit b4 end of May.

Just add ur names + model in d list & PM your contacts by 27may [i'm gg for long wkend]

1. ejzoen YDM 3109

2. ejzoen's Friend YDM 4109 [will not get if its more than $950]

3. trc YDM 4109

4. Victor YDR3108

5. minimalis YDM3109 [will not get if its more than $950]

6. minski YDM4109 (PMed me by mistake, took the liberty of adding his name to this list-minimalis)

7. from another forum YDM 3107

8. from another forum YDM 4109

9. Dydadai YDM 4109 or YDM 3109 w/o installation

10. FTorres YDM 4109

20% mark!!

Prices as follows:

10sets & above [Discount 20% or more]

YDR2108 $470

YDR3108 $530 [for victor/fren]

YDM3107 $640 almost 40% off!!

YDM3109 $950

YDM4109 $950 more than 30% off!!

I always like the idea of not having the look for my keys to enter my house - just swipe my wallet over it to open the both gate and main door. For even better security, main door can use biometric (fingerprint) in case you are worried that U lost your RFID card outside. Esp when I go down for a short while, I prefer to just take my wallet and mobile phone (carry another set of keys is a hassel for lazy people like me).

I feel there is a need to install digital lock on both gate & main door. To just install one digital lock on the main door is not good enough in my case.

When some one is at home, I prefer to have the main door wide open and my gate locked - so that the wind can flow into the house. So if the gate is not able to install with digital lock then I still needs the key to open / lock the gate when they return/goes out.

In another case, if I am returning back home to empty house (both main door and gate already locked), then the

I will still need to look for the key to open the gate. Since I have already found the key to gate, to open

So I feel feel that install a digital lock on the gate is a important consideration to truly maximised the advantage over price.

lol...I used to have exactly the same thought. But then some1 reminded me that for the digital lock, it can be unlock by just pushing a button on the inside. For most metal gate, it is easier for a person to put his/her hand through the gate and press to open the gate.

Currently is thinking whether to install aluminium gates instead, I am lucky that the condo do not need standard design gates..:)

the one i was talking abt @ my warehouse is from this brand.

looks like the 1st one on top left. its both side number, so u have to punch in the numbers on either side to get thru.

its installed on d gate switch they used to do padlock. then they change the door & replc it with this.

n55020263551_1910176_8707.jpg

Edited by ejzoen

Hi atlantis2267,

I am finalising the reno of my new place. Am contemplating getting a digital lock with card access & emergency key.

Which brand would you recommend? Samsung, Gateman or?

Lastly, how is the installation like?

Appreciate your advice. Thanks in advance buddy!

Samsung 5120 for the price (I'm using one) and one should not pay sky high for a digital lock - unless you think it is more than a lock :o

Hi ejzoen, had PMed you my contact details.

I'm keen to install YDM 4109. Need it urgently this weekend as I had completed my renovation and just moved in... would like to change the lock asap for security reasons.

Getting the YDM 4109 installed this Saturday. Will post some pics and feedback when done.

1. ejzoen YDM 3109

3. trc YDM 4109

4. Victor YDR3108

6. minski YDM4109 (PMed me by mistake, took the liberty of adding his name to this list-minimalis)

10. FTorres YDM 4109

11. dr.tran YDM4109

20% mark!!

Prices as follows:

10sets & above [Discount 20% or more]

YDR2108 $470

YDM3109 $950

Edited by dr.tran

We've 11buyers now. i had send the 1st 9 buyers to the dealers as sm of our friends need it urgently

For those you are keen, Just add ur names + model in d list & PM your contacts by 27may.

Prices as follows:

YDR2108 $470

YDM3109 $950

1. ejzoen YDM 3109

3. trc YDM 4109

4. Victor YDR3108

10. FTorres YDM 4109

11. dr.tran YDM 4109

Edited by ejzoen

Samsung 5120 for the price (I'm using one) and one should not pay sky high for a digital lock - unless you think it is more than a lock :o

I am interested in this lock.

Where can I get it ?

At what price ?

Can it read cepas ezlink card ?

Thanks

Ok, lock was installed last Friday. YDM3109. The person who installed came with a guy from the Assa Abloy company, who oversaw the installation and did all the demos/programming thereafter. Went smoothly, finishing was, well ok, my door had some areas to patch which imho wasn't patched properly but I was going to get the door repainted anyway so it didn't matter that much. Lock works like a dream, can't begin to describe the feeling of leaving the house and not having to physically lock the door behind me. My fiancee loves it as well.

Price of MO was honoured, so not a worry. With receipt, warranty etc. Thanks Ejozen for organising the whole thing.

LATEST LIST

1. ejzoen YDM 3109

3. trc YDM 4109

4. Victor YDR3108

10. FTorres YDM 4109

11. dr.tran YDM 4109

12. benlauhh YDM 3109

Ok, lock was installed last Friday. YDM3109. The person who installed came with a guy from the Assa Abloy company, who oversaw the installation and did all the demos/programming thereafter. Went smoothly, finishing was, well ok, my door had some areas to patch which imho wasn't patched properly but I was going to get the door repainted anyway so it didn't matter that much. Lock works like a dream, can't begin to describe the feeling of leaving the house and not having to physically lock the door behind me. My fiancee loves it as well.

Price of MO was honoured, so not a worry. With receipt, warranty etc. Thanks Ejozen for organising the whole thing.

Phew... Finally, there is a feedback, my installation will be on 3rd June, but i think my stupid contractor may hv delay.. so i could be pushing it back..

Glad the installation went fairly well & really happy that you guys made this happen. we couldn't get such a deal without all the buyers.