Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Digital Door Lock

Oh really? Then fingerprint lock will be more secure and worth buying?

Actually i am also consider the Samsung digital lock DL 20, but it cost $569. Which is $200 more than the V20.

For the v20 it only comes with 4 cards but the fingerprint lock can register up to 100 user plus it have an overwrite key.

You think worth paying the additional $200 and buy from local ebay?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Oh really? Then fingerprint lock will be more secure and worth buying?

Actually i am also consider the Samsung digital lock DL 20, but it cost $569. Which is $200 more than the V20.

For the v20 it only comes with 4 cards but the fingerprint lock can register up to 100 user plus it have an overwrite key.

You think worth paying the additional $200 and buy from local ebay?

hi i am struggling too as I also decided between YDM3109 and YDM4109. Initially I want YDM3109 but after reading lot of stuff from internet regarding RFID weak security, I started to worry. If you google around, you will notice credit card company is also using RFID for some their credit card and those card is using the 14443 Type A RFID standard, people can just read your RFID in the nearby distance that you never notice. By doing that, they can clone and send the same response to your lock.

hi i am struggling too as I also decided between YDM3109 and YDM4109. Initially I want YDM3109 but after reading lot of stuff from internet regarding RFID weak security, I started to worry. If you google around, you will notice credit card company is also using RFID for some their credit card and those card is using the 14443 Type A RFID standard, people can just read your RFID in the nearby distance that you never notice. By doing that, they can clone and send the same response to your lock.

http://www.rfidblockr.com/blog/2010/08/09/...dit-cards-for-8

read this the credit card is using the exact same RFID standard as our digital door lock

Guest Yale
OK guys as promised. I am listing the main differences between Yale Gateman, Samung and Gateman for everybody's info. Just in-case you get misled into there is no difference in Gateman or Yale Gateman. Gateman V100 is actually wider and flat-er then YDM3109. YDM3109 is slimmer but is thicker becos of the over-ride key function. To me, YDM3109 is slim and sleek, while the V100 is fat and flat. :D

Mechanical Key Override

Yale Gateman YDM3109 Yes

Gateman V100 NO

Samsung SHS-5120 Yes

Battery Life (Approx) w 4 batteries

YDM3109 1 year

V100 1 year

SHS-5120 5-6 mths (1 year with 8 batteris)

Mortice

YDM3109 Stainless Steel German Type Mortice (PSB Certified, fit all doors)

V100 Koren Type Mortice (Smaller may not fit some doors)

SHS-5120 Korean Type Mortice (Smaller may not fit some doors)

Warranty

YDM3109 Provided by Brand Owner, ASSA ABLOY Singapore

V100 Only if you purchase from Authorize Agent Eurolite, any other source are Parallel Importers - RISKY!!

SHS-5120 Only if you purchase from Authorize Agent Hanman, or Hanman appointed dealers. any other source are Parallel Importers - RISKY!!

There are just too many reasons we rather buy from Authorized Agent instead of Parallel Importers, just like we will buy Nokia Phones with local warranty. Will you buy a Nokia from a parallel importer who claim that they will provide warranty for 1 year? Your warranty will simply depend on how long the parallel importers can substain this business.

:horse:

SHS 2320 is a better choice.I had recommended to my friend.

is SHS samsung ezon? if it is, i highly recommend it. i just installed one myself earlier this year, absolutely love it! most helpful for someone like me, who has the habit of misplacing the housekeys and locking myself out. ;p

Is there any prove that RFID lock is not reliable or got hacked before? Just curious whether the remour is been supported by evidence if yes, then i will get the fingerprint lock instead.

Anybody have install SHS 2320? Mind show the photo after installation?

In this world, I think everything is possible but whether it will likely happen or not.

Someone may say someone chop your finger to enter your home like movie.

However, I never heard it happened in real world.

RF card either EM, Mifare, Cepas (EZLink Card) can be scanned but how easily they can write on another card and use it.

Is there any prove that RFID lock is not reliable or got hacked before? Just curious whether the remour is been supported by evidence if yes, then i will get the fingerprint lock instead.

Anybody have install SHS 2320? Mind show the photo after installation?

I'd like to add some comparison among Yale, Gateman Parallel, Samsung Parallel, Samsung Authorised versions

1. Warranty

- Yale : 1 year

- Gateman/ Samsung Parallel : so called importer warranty (?) or no warranty

- Samsung Authorised : 2 years

2. Admin Password for enrollment & deletion of cards, and change PIN

(Models do no supporting this function means anyone can register new cards or change PIN anytime even children)- Yale : Mostly not support

- Gateman Parallel : don't support

- Samsung Parallel : Older models only (2320, 6020, 5120 do not support)

- Samsung Authirised : all support

3. Componets used for Singapore weather (high humidity)- Yale : Likely Yes

- Gateman Parallel : No

- Samsung Parallel : No

- Samsung Authrised : Yes

4. Spare Parts support after stop production of model

- Yale : Yes

- Gateman/ Samsung Parallel : No

5. Mortise

- Yale : Euro Profile (PSB certified)

- Gateman Parallel : Korean Standard (Not cerified)

- Samsung Parallel : Korean Standard (Not cerified)

- Samsung Authirised : Korean Standard (PSB certified)

6. Overide Key

- Yale : Yes. 3 keys on front body

- Samsung Parallel : Yes. 2 keys at the underneath of front body

- Samsung Authorised : Yes. 5 keys at the underneath of front body

7. Wording on products and original manual

- Yale : English

- Gateman/ Samsung Parallel : Korean

- Samsung Authorised : English

8. Group Buy Available

- Gateman/ Samsung Parallel : Yes

- Samsung Authorised : No (?)

Edited by whiteshark

I stay HDB, so found a digital lock that can open both the lock and wooden door at the same time.

Just some small shop at bukit batok, but I checked with all the big names, no digital lock can open two doors at the same time....

You mean digital door locks can fit on wooden door as well as grille gate ?

In fact, grille gate is for ventilation purpose as HDBs do not come with fitted aircon and not really for security reason.

No condo come with grille gate. It is also one of unique culture of Singapore.

Personally I don't like grille gate as it make my home like a big cage.

By the way, if you want to control both door and gate, there is a solution.

You can install ACCESS Control System with EM Locks (like office).

No matter how you install expesive lock on grille gate, if I have metal a saw, I can cut the portion of lock to open.

I stay HDB, so found a digital lock that can open both the lock and wooden door at the same time.

Just some small shop at bukit batok, but I checked with all the big names, no digital lock can open two doors at the same time....

I visited the blog and have seen the YouTub video.

It was RFID reader to steal credit card data such as credit card no., name of card holder, etc from credit cards with RFID chip.

However, without knowing the CV no. (3 digits on the back of credit card), the details of data is not enough to fraud the credit card.

This types of credit cards with RFID chip used in only one local bank in Singapore and I believe it is to provide better customer satisfaction when card holder visit their bank. However, bank do not store CV no. in the chip.

This technology used in Kopitiam and Banquet Bagus to store value in the cards for buying food.

If someone can copy the card no. and issue duplicated card with value in the card, he can eat free food for whole life until police catches him (after that he will be having free food from prision)

In order to copy digital door lock RFID card (same technology cards as Kopitiam & Banquet), there are 2 devices are required, one is reader and the other is writer.

RFID reader is available in the market and even RFID card no. can be read using access control system reader.

However, I'm not sure there is a company in Singapore offering duplication of RFID cards.

If there is, the company must bear the big resposibility for their service.

http://www.rfidblockr.com/blog/2010/08/09/...dit-cards-for-8

read this the credit card is using the exact same RFID standard as our digital door lock

as a laymen & yale user. i have a couple of things to add.

I'd like to add some comparison among Yale, Gateman Parallel, Samsung Parallel, Samsung Authorised versions

1. Warranty

- Yale : 1 year

- Gateman/ Samsung Parallel : so called importer warranty (?) or no warranty

- Samsung Authorised : 2 years

2. Admin Password for enrollment & deletion of cards, and change PIN

(Models do no supporting this function means anyone can register new cards or change PIN anytime even children)

- Yale : the fingerprint models does support, cos u need to have the master code to add or delete

- Gateman Parallel : don't support

- Samsung Parallel : Older models only (2320, 6020, 5120 do not support)

- Samsung Authirised : all support

3. Componets used for Singapore weather (high humidity)

- Yale : Yes cos the face is stainless steel similar to those mechanical ones

- Samsung Parallel : No

4. Spare Parts support after stop production of model

- Gateman/ Samsung Parallel : No

5. Mortise

- Yale : Euro Profile More secure than Korea spec cos the bolt is larger & parts seems alot more rebust. larger mortise also means less patch up work for replacement

- Gateman Parallel : Korean Standard (Not cerified)

- Samsung Parallel : Korean Standard (Not cerified)

- Samsung Authirised : Korean Standard (PSB certified)

6. Overide Key

- Yale : Yes. 3 keys on front body & they are high security cylinder similar to Yale High-security European profile cylinder Yale High security cylinder details

- Samsung Parallel : Yes. 2 keys at the underneath of front body

- Samsung Authorised : Yes. 5 keys at the underneath of front body

7. Wording on products and original manual

- Yale : English

- Gateman/ Samsung Parallel : Korean

- Samsung Authorised : English

8. Group Buy Available

- Gateman/ Samsung Parallel : Yes

- Samsung Authorised : No (?) good products dun need group buy can sell anyway.

Edited by ejzoen

I bet if RFID card can be dulpicate then there will have no market for digital locks. So the wiser choice will be ordering the DL 20 at $569 from ebay?

I heard there is a key to overwrite the machine. Any people have negative feedbacks on the DL 20 lock?