Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jopp

Digital Door Lock

Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy a SHS 5320 for my new place as some of you have done.

Qoo10 seems like the most economical place to get one....however, I will need someone to install for me.

Does anyone have any good and reliable contact for doing installation + patching up of existing door?

I nterlock quoted me $240 to do it which I thought was quite high as I saw someone post before that they used to do it for $160.... :(

I would be super thankful for any help!

cheers....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I am here with the different type padlock device called digital padlock or heavy duty padlock, specially used in the places of high security such as watching over a property or house and similar structures. The good thing about the device is, it equipped with the GSM and GPS technology. The GPS technology allow you to put it on moving cargo and sends the information about the current location. Hence it could be used to serve multiple applications and it could be a good device.

yes..these locks are good...in order to the prevent any intruder and many locks are available in the market but i am here with the new kind of the lock to suggest you that you probably would like. We often call it a high security padlock. It came up with the GSM and GPS technology.

See the image for more info:- http://www.watchlock.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/ScreenHunter_129%20May.%2004%2014.27.jpg?itok=rmxUeaIL

Hi everyone

Please pardon my ignorance and I feel kinda silly asking this question... What IF one cannot enter the house because of some faulty mechanism? I heard that to get a locksmith may costs a couple of hundred dollars. But money aside I can't imagine if it happens like late at night. Are there any digital lock that has a key or something just in case...?? Also can the digital lock be dismantled (e.g. if I shift house). Appreciate if someone can shed some light and perhaps recommend me some models. Thank you

Hi,

I am really new to digital lock and we are interested to install in our new house. Can I asked which brand is better, Samsung or Yale?

May I know if anyone face the problem of gate being too close to main door to prevent you from installing digital lock on both gate and door?

Hi, I intend to get the Digital Lock like Gateman from Qoo10 and approach any local installer for installation.

Anyone care to share your comments or feedback, thanks.

I heard about models like Gateman F10 etc that you others can override the passcode you have set initially as there is no master code set for accessing the setup of the code?

Anyone can advise?

Hi All.

Share with you guys some bad experience for this digital lock I purchased.

If you really want to buy SAMSUNG Lock, please buy from local authorize distributor

After our Reno finAlly done up. We decided to Install a digital lock. We compare quote, seems this Parrellel importer quote is cheaper by $100 so we decided to go ahead. At that time we didn't know it's parallel importer. 

This research is done after problematic local from PI occurs.

The different between parallel importer and authorize distributor is the following:

1. Parallel importer warranty is 1 year where local agent is 2 years.

2. Local agent come with master reset password but PI only have a fix master reset password.

i regretted buying through a parallel importer. During sourcing, I also didn't know it's a parallel importer till the digital lock is faulty than checked with Samsung than realize that I had purchase through a PI rather than local agent. 

The product spoiled just 1 year and 10 DAYS! I call the seller to report such fault but claim that warranty expired, have to charge me $280 for the repair! I reason with them that it's warranty just expire 10 days cannot do exceptional? Die die also cannot. Understandable as their product is from oversea any replacement set will be at their own profit. I wrote to Samsung to complaint and was refer to their local authorized distributor. At this point I was like. ****. I bought a parallel importer set.

So now I have to spend money for another new set of lock which buy from local distributor. In order to save for $100 I spent additional $699 for a dumb lock which serve me for 1 year and 10 days.

by the way, once the lock is installed.  most probably you have to use back similar brands of lock for future replacement cause the door opening once drill at the door cannot amend! Choose your lock and research wisely.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Just sharing that after doing some comparison between Yale and PI Gateman, decided to go for local Yale in the end as I was told that Gateman locking mechanism is at the back plate of the lock and not slot in between the door like our conventional lock mechanism.

Wanted to take Yale YDD424 at $699 but decided to give a try on Igloohome which is only $249 including installation, it can be unlock using Pin, Bluetooth and it is having on-going promotion at $169 excluding installation so decided to give it a try.

What I like about it is that you can assign temporary pin to unlock the door even if you are not at home which Yale Digital Lock cannot do that unless you go for the YRD220 model.

4 hours ago, limcheeyuan said:

Hi All.

If you really want to buy SAMSUNG Lock, please buy from local authorize distributor

After our Reno finAlly done up. We decided to Install a digital lock. We compare quote, seems this Parrellel importer quote is cheaper by $100 so we decided to go ahead. At that time we didn't know it's parallel importer. 

The different between parallel importer and authorize distributor is the following:

2. Local agent come with master reset password but PI only have a fix master reset password.

i regretted buying through a parallel importer. During sourcing, I also didn't know it's a parallel importer till the digital lock is faulty than checked with Samsung than realize that I had purchase through a PI rather than local agent. 

The product spoiled just 1 year and 10 DAYS! I call the seller to report such fault but claim that warranty expired, have to charge me $280 for the repair! I reason with them that it's warranty just expire 10 days cannot do exceptional? Die die also cannot. Understandable as their product is from oversea any replacement set will be at their own profit. I wrote to Samsung to complaint and was refer to their local authorized distributor. At this point I was like. ****. I bought a parallel importer set.

So now I have to spend money for another new set of lock which buy from local distributor. In order to save for $100 I spent additional $699 for a dumb lock which serve me for 1 year and 10 days.

by the way, once the lock is installed.  most probably you have to use back similar brands of lock for future replacement cause the door opening once drill at the door cannot amend! Choose your lock and research wisely.

Hope that helps.

Probably you might want to consider getting a Yale instead, just my opinion.

On 6/14/2016 at 0:39 PM, limcheeyuan said:

Hi All.

Hope that helps.

That is really a helpful share. But I am sorry to know that you are encountering this problem with the faulty door lock.  Have you got a new lock yet? Will you consider the stainless steel material smart fingerprint door lock? I will need your advice. Thank you. :)

SKLock.jpg