Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mwerkz

My New Home

Hi all,

After various failed attempts at balloting for home from HDB, hubby and I finally looked into the Resale Market.

And now, we have finally gotten our house in some corner of bukit batok.

Here's the floor plan to share with you all. smile.gif

floorplan.gif

Edited by mwerkz

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Spam chop chop!! Very nice layout! Love the square square layout.. very good to play with. hehe :good:

Looking fwd to the pics!

Edited by Angel81

I got my first quote from one of the highly recommended ID from renotalk forum. (Not sure if it's ok to disclose the ID, so i'll keep it secret at the moment?)

Btw, do give me some comments as to whether it still can be cheaper or not and any missing stuffs from the quote that i still need to pay for. Basically everything in the home have to go n make way for new stuffs. =)

** Quotation removed, cos settled for another ID **

Oh ya. it's a 4A unit. 104sqm in total. Really love the layout that's why we bought it. But the reno amt is a big headache. :(

Edited by mwerkz

hehe i think those who have researched alot can immediately identify which company this quote is from.

wah u doing quite a major one... i think thats why so expensive. u probably need to cut down on some items if u're on a budget.

i also initially wanted to do this and that but i realise we gotta be realistic. having a low budget with high requirements that no one can fulfill serves no purpose...

hehe i think those who have researched alot can immediately identify which company this quote is from.

wah u doing quite a major one... i think thats why so expensive. u probably need to cut down on some items if u're on a budget.

i also initially wanted to do this and that but i realise we gotta be realistic. having a low budget with high requirements that no one can fulfill serves no purpose...

" Forum: Renovation Firms and Services · Post Preview: #315263 · Replies: 1308 · Views: 66838 "

:rofl:

nice layout ! as big as those new 5 rooms. spam chop first for more :yamseng:

hehe. ya. it's quite obvious where the quote comes from. but basically i think he is not charging very ex. n ya. becos i m doing alot of things -_-"

yes. de hm is big, which explains so many additional cost popping out here n there. -_-

any good ID to recommend n de designer oso? i'm basically getting another 4-5 quotes before i finalise on the one i will go for. dun wanna get too many to give myself a headache n oso dun wanna waste ID's time :P

wow....it's a good 4room layout!

maybe i shld downgrade to 4room with this layout in-future....... ;)

wow....it's a good 4room layout!

maybe i shld downgrade to 4room with this layout in-future....... ;)

haha. i bought this basically becos it's big. n i can get 4room rebates whenever govt give money :P

btw, can u all teach me what i need to do now? cos after getting quotes from this ID, i m now awaiting quotes from a few other ID. but i m pretty sure this is one of the few shortlisted ones i will go to. cos i m only getting quotes from 2 other ID. :(

what's the nxt move i have to do? wait for the other quotes to get in? den negotiate with the ID for a better deal? or what? can i go down n request for ideas like what they want to do for my home before i decide whether to sign up with him? cos i feel unsafe signing up before i even know what they are going to do with my house.

ADvise pls? :dunno:

btw, can u all teach me what i need to do now? cos after getting quotes from this ID, i m now awaiting quotes from a few other ID. but i m pretty sure this is one of the few shortlisted ones i will go to. cos i m only getting quotes from 2 other ID. :(

what's the nxt move i have to do? wait for the other quotes to get in? den negotiate with the ID for a better deal? or what? can i go down n request for ideas like what they want to do for my home before i decide whether to sign up with him? cos i feel unsafe signing up before i even know what they are going to do with my house.

ADvise pls? :dunno:

first thing first. set ur budget and stick to it... sometimes u will learn that some things can be done other ways which can help to save $$ by getting ideas/quotes from other IDs.

also, try your best to prioritize what items are needed. after having the need list, check and see using the various quotations u got and see if ur need list can fit the budget. if cannot, u gotta revise ur need list or revise ur budget accordingly.

after having the need list, u will create ur want list. also prioritize them according to how much u want them. so when quotes come in with the need list not hitting ur budget cap, u can start thinking of adding items from the want list to your renovation

well this is how I do it anyway. so far, most companies gave me quotes with my need list just nice almost hitting my budget cap except for 1 which I can fit a few more extra things from my want list before hitting the cap. for those company where the total price of my want list already over budget cap, i just drop them immediately...

everyone ask me why i hack the storeroom. but i really find the position of storeroom so nice to hack n create my walk-in wardrobe. so de final decision to let it go. :(

our initial budget for de whole reno is 50k inclusive of furniture n electronic items. now have to up it to 60k lo. so got to keep all other electronic items like fridge+washing machine+hob+cooker+oven+tv+sofa+dining table+any other things to lower cost. 8|