Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mwerkz

My New Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

went to the gain city expo sale today.

bought a samsung fridge tat was previously selling at 1199, today only 889 (bought the white one):

fridge.jpg

Piece of advice about your fridge...as the doors open both ways, you need sufficient allowance (at least 60 degrees) for it to fully open on both left and right sides, that means, you cannot place your fridge next to a wall.

I know a fren who bought the exact same fridge as you and placed it right at the end of the kitchen next to the wall...in the end, one side of the fridge door couldn't open fully...a bit of a waste if you ask me...

YAaaaa Usually microwave silver, grey or plain white... but you get one that match your kitchen le... YAYY

hehe. yeah lo. tat was a good one :dancingqueen:

dont u find the fridge a bit too big? are u and your husband staying only? not afraid of waste electricity?

de fridge looks big, but i find tat it's ok leh. 510l only. moreover this one have got 3ticks. so i guess de wastage wun be much. moreover i think it's better to get a big fridge, with less stuffs inside, den small fridge with alot of stuffs inside. i heard this is more energy efficient? :dunno:

Piece of advice about your fridge...as the doors open both ways, you need sufficient allowance (at least 60 degrees) for it to fully open on both left and right sides, that means, you cannot place your fridge next to a wall.

I know a fren who bought the exact same fridge as you and placed it right at the end of the kitchen next to the wall...in the end, one side of the fridge door couldn't open fully...a bit of a waste if you ask me...

i think their fridge can be opened almost fully, if they are using this layout.

floorplan-1.jpg

yeah. i will be using the layout tat nath.adrie have updated. anyway i wun be placing the fridge so near to the wall, so tat heat can flow n disperse off from de back n side of the machine. so i think it shuld be able to open. i dun really need the 60deg opening la. cos in my current home, my parents fridge oso in de same position which i would be placing my current fridge :notti:

mmm ya standalone have ALL the space to open!!! WHoohoo! Shiok with such a big fridge.

haha. ya. anytime find the door can't move, juz move the fridge, left right up down abit, den can open :notti:

haha... the gain city expo sales seems good... but my hubby refused to go wor...

The fridge looks really good.... haha....

hehe. luckily my hubby heeded my advise n brought me there. his ex colleague told him some other good deals tat he got, n he ask me wan go again or not wor :( i was like... nooooo!! :unsure:

anyway realise i missed another deal. de samsung washing machine usual price 699, now going for 549. i tot i can get it at 500 at hongliang. realise hongliang selling at 600 :bangwall: somemore i told de agent i can get better price. den he tell me say he see if got display set n c if i want 8|

was greeted by a pleasant surprise when i open my door. floor tiles in living areas are done up. still quite abit of masonry work to do. but ID called me in de afternoon to inform me tat masonry work will be completed on schedule. either nxt tues or wed, n plastering guys will be in on tues to start their plastering!

have arranged aircon guys to come in on the 10th of nov to fix up de aircon. so excited!!

anyway work done from tues-thurs (3days):

- living, dining & foyer floor levelled

- tiling in living area & walkway to rooms done (abit left to be done at dining area)

- approx 50% of wall tiling done in kitchen

- approx 70% of common bathroom wall tiling done

need to check with ID some stuffs on sat:

- tiles outside windows to be done by plastering or masonry guys

- confirm wrough iron gate design

- confirm electrical plan

pics time now!!

pleasant surprise when i open the main door:

P1030650.jpg

(floor tiles done for living room)

from my living room looking at the walkway to bedroom & dining area

P1030651.jpg

(see some floor tiles not layed at dining area)

the u-bar done outside study room which will be used to hold the 2.4m height glass panel

P1030654.jpg

kitchen from the living room area (not sure if any work done here :( )

P1030647.jpg

(my open concept kitchen :dancingqueen: )

kitchen from the dining entrance

P1030645.jpg

(a small glimpse of my partly done up common bathroom left hand side :notti: )

a slightly closer view of my tiles in the common bathroom

P1030640.jpg

(photos juz dun do justice to my beautiful tiles)

lastly my decorative reflective mirror tiles in the common bathroom

P1030643.jpg

(the gap in btw is for some mosaic tiles)

hehe. tat's all to share for now!! till sat when i meet my ID again. but i guess dey wun be able to do much on juz fri alone? so not much to share oso?

Wow although it is very dark but can see the floral texture nicely!!! NICE!

hehe. yah. i oso like. can't wait for lights to go up so tat i can see the real effect of the tiles :dancingqueen:

we have the same flora black tiles..but mine is for mbr toilet :notti:

u mean the reflective mirror tiles? i dun have much of tat. only one row from ceiling to floor. cos too costly :bangwall:

hehe. yah. i oso like. can't wait for lights to go up so tat i can see the real effect of the tiles :dancingqueen:

u mean the reflective mirror tiles? i dun have much of tat. only one row from ceiling to floor. cos too costly :bangwall:

ya the reflective tiles...nice hor :notti:

i also dun hv much of that cos per pc is $11+ i tink :jawdrop:

ya the reflective tiles...nice hor :notti:

i also dun hv much of that cos per pc is $11+ i tink :jawdrop:

hehe. is not per piece 11bucks. is 11bucks psf. one piece is abt 1.5sqft, thus making it to be 16.50 each :jawdrop:

luckily my ID covered the cost for me... so cannot make it pay for so much extra tiles la.

Nice design n especially the black tiles at the toilet n kitchen....

thanx. very happy. finally starting to see the progress of reno taking shape :dancingqueen:

Edited by mwerkz

hehe. is not per piece 11bucks. is 11bucks psf. one piece is abt 1.5sqft, thus making it to be 16.50 each :jawdrop:

luckily my ID covered the cost for me...

Haha is it...i only notice its $11+ duno per wat unit..anyway ID absorb so i dun bother the costing also