Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mwerkz

My New Home

U got a nice black color kitchen, LOVE the design tiles in the toilet.

Sure look super when the cabin are up.

Can't wait to see the final product. :D

thanx thanx. tiling shuld be done oredi. maybe after wk i go over to new place c how.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hehe. yesh!! i can't control myself n somehow i went to my new home again after work :dancingqueen:

total disaster, cos there was practically no lights in de house. all tat i c in my house are done with taking pics n seeing from de pics :jawdrop:

actually one of the main reason y i went down, is to ensure dat the plaster guys remove the sliding doors above my mbr windows instead of juz plastering over it

the removed sliding doors abv mbr windows:

P1030691.jpg

my mbr bathroom:

P1030694.jpg

(yeah!! mosaic tiles are finally up!)

my mbr flooring oso done:

P1030697.jpg

glimpse of my common bathroom (kitchen floor is wet n no lights all ard, i dare not venture into de kitchen):

P1030700.jpg

(notice my yellow rubbish chute at the corner? y use yellow?? yucks! i wan red! :bangwall: )

overview of my finally completed kitchen:

P1030702.jpg

(happy!! nicely tiled too :dancingqueen: )

missing skirting in my dining area:

P1030704.jpg

n somemore missing here :( :

P1030705.jpg

hopefully everything gets rectified soon. plastering oso not yet complete, i cant really see in de dark. but i know they need to get it all done by monday! cos my aircon guys are coming

after seeing how the kitchen looks out with the tiles. had some questions in my mind. like wat color for the full height cabinet nxt to the island.

cos somehow after we take over the house, realise the wall nxt to de island is not-hackable.

original 3d with full wall hackable:

kitchen_1.jpg

based on full tiling done in kitchen wall:

P1030702.jpg

suggestion needed as to wat color full height cabinet should be in:

island.jpg

ideas? suggestions? thanx!

contractor can add laminated wood on top of black tiles to form one whole piece with your cupboard's side (eh the side which you dunno what colour to choose), this way you still can choose a white laminate to get the same look as your original 3D. Or if choose red laminate then will look like your left option except that the black tile part covered with red laminated wood too.

Hope you'll get what I'm saying.

White laminate for your full height cabinet will make your entrance appear bigger and give your kitchen more depth since the tiles are black.

contractor can add laminated wood on top of black tiles to form one whole piece with your cupboard's side (eh the side which you dunno what colour to choose), this way you still can choose a white laminate to get the same look as your original 3D. Or if choose red laminate then will look like your left option except that the black tile part covered with red laminated wood too.

Hope you'll get what I'm saying.

haha. but the ID oredi choose to tile up de wall. n if i laminate over, wun it be like wasting his guy's effort to tile up the wall? i think the black looks great as a contrast. dun think i wanna pretend to make the wall look like part of the cabinet. :(

mmm I dun really understand carelinwen.. but... I know I prefer black cabinet. lol

hehe. must slowly read. not tat hard to understand :notti:

but the whole kitchen oredi very black. so thinking if using black again, like no contrast

White laminate for your full height cabinet will make your entrance appear bigger and give your kitchen more depth since the tiles are black.

yup. was thinkin of either using red or white. white will make de place look bigger. but red will give the place more contrast. hubby is voting for red. n i'm sort of half/half red/white

haha I too blur about such things la :P mmm if between red and white I also go for red. think white with the white counter... ok la. a contrast of red might look nicer. :P

I vote for white, more contrast to the black kitchen tiles.

Also look bigger open concept kitchen.

so currently dere's a vote of:

red: 1 + 1(hubby) + 0.5(me!)

white: 2 + 0.5(me)

black: 0

let me seek my ID's advise.

went to meet my ID today to basically look at the reno progress n nego any stuffs that there might be.

saw the skirting in dining n whole home all completed:

P1030716.jpg

more here:

P1030717.jpg

at the same time, the workers were doing plastering in the mbr bathroom:

P1030719.jpg

(see the mess on the tiles in de mbr bathroom :bangwall: )

n the new stainless steel pipes done by the plubmer. it seems plumbing works have all completed too:

P1030723.jpg

my electrician working hard here:

P1030725.jpg

how messy my living wiring is:

P1030726.jpg

my ugly yellow rubbish chute:

P1030728.jpg

yeah! finally have the chance to go into the common bathroom:

P1030711.jpg

closeup of the tiles in the common bathroom:

P1030713.jpg

my completed mosaic n design tiles:

P1030714.jpg

last but not least! trouble!!

the masonry workers were so hardworking to add in an extra base for washer n fridge. but prob is, i dun wan it!! n de size does not fit de fridge. washer one oso too small!! ask to extend/hack off washer base depending on which is easier for them. n oso request tat fridge base have to go no matter wat. so need to rectify again :bangwall:

the irritating fridge base 8|

P1030710.jpg

so currently dere's a vote of:

red: 1 + 1(hubby) + 0.5(me!)

let me seek my ID's advise.

Curious, wat did your ID advise u on the above?

Curious, wat did your ID advise u on the above?

hehe. i forget to ask for his advise :jawdrop:

i cast my vote for red if it is nt too late :sport-smiley-018:

nah. it's not late yet :notti:

red: 2 + 1(hubby) + 0.5(me!)

yeah!! so red is leading now!!