Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mwerkz

My New Home

hehe. went curtain shopping today. after all the sourcing ard, finally signed curtains (living + mbr) from mgl curtains at lavender street. cost a total of 900bucks for this 2 curtains (only night curtains somemore) 8|

selected a few materials, not sure which to select yet, but they are all in de 19.80/meter range. so, can juz sign on the spot. :dancingqueen: dey'll be coming over my place nxt sat to measure n finalise on the materials, since nxt wk, there shuld be more or less some painting done at my new place

after curtain shopping, went over to raffles place to purchase my knife set after seeing it in someone's blog!

in the box:

P1030738.jpg

assembled:

P1030734.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hehe. went curtain shopping today. after all the sourcing ard, finally signed curtains (living + mbr) from mgl curtains at lavender street. cost a total of 900bucks for this 2 curtains (only night curtains somemore) 8|

selected a few materials, not sure which to select yet, but they are all in de 19.80/meter range. so, can juz sign on the spot. :dancingqueen: dey'll be coming over my place nxt sat to measure n finalise on the materials, since nxt wk, there shuld be more or less some painting done at my new place

after curtain shopping, went over to raffles place to purchase my knife set after seeing it in someone's blog!

in the box:

P1030738.jpg

assembled:

P1030734.jpg

The Knife set look so cute, how much its cost??

For the fridge base :bangwall::bangwall: so rectify work again

The Knife set look so cute, how much its cost??

For the fridge base :bangwall::bangwall: so rectify work again

knife set cost 138. last set! left display set in de store now only =p

fridge base need to hack off, washing machine base need to extend lo. but masonry guy say quite ok. juz spoke to him earlier

On Danielle's blog? nice nice so cute le. does it only come in one colour? matches your kitchen perfectly.

yeah lo. danielle's blog. i only saw red in de shop. though dere seems to be many colors online

The knife set so cute...suits ur kitchen theme well!

hw much u got it frm? any other colors?

haha. ya lo. de reason y i bought it is, i feel it's juz meant for my kitchen. so i can't help but buy it despite feeling that there's not much use to it 8|

wow,...i simply love the black black toilet & kitchen!

thanx thanx. u r one of the few who love my black black kitchen n toilet :(

but nevertheless i love them too :yamseng:

will a black kitchen and toilets make the whole house very dark and yin.. not sure read abt it in one of those FS books..

hehe. i forget to ask for his advise :jawdrop:

nah. it's not late yet :notti:

red: 2 + 1(hubby) + 0.5(me!)

white: 2 + 0.5(me)

black: 0

yeah!! so red is leading now!!

Hi mwerkz,

Just my opinion, I would go for white..you have a lot of red and black. White is more neutral and can tone down those 2, and makes your kitchen brighter and inviting, and your countertop would appear to flow continuously from the floor to the ceiling. Besides your sides of cabinet near your hood also white...so more balanced.

knife set cost 138. last set! left display set in de store now only =p

fridge base need to hack off, washing machine base need to extend lo. but masonry guy say quite ok. juz spoke to him earlier

yeah lo. danielle's blog. i only saw red in de shop. though dere seems to be many colors online

haha. ya lo. de reason y i bought it is, i feel it's juz meant for my kitchen. so i can't help but buy it despite feeling that there's not much use to it 8|

thanx thanx. u r one of the few who love my black black kitchen n toilet :(

but nevertheless i love them too :yamseng:

Me also like black, as mine also black kitchen.

Too bad no budget, if not my toilet will also make it black :dancingqueen:

will a black kitchen and toilets make the whole house very dark and yin.. not sure read abt it in one of those FS books..

erms. black kitchen n toilet means i need install more lights n maybe electrical cost will be higher. ying or not i dunno. since i din consult any fs master, i dun wanna check n wun affect my design =p

i know alot of pple consult oredi, definitely need to follow his opinion, else no pt seeking in de first place.

to me a hm must be comfortable for urself. n i'm a black person. so i follow my senses =p

Hi mwerkz,

Just my opinion, I would go for white..you have a lot of red and black. White is more neutral and can tone down those 2, and makes your kitchen brighter and inviting, and your countertop would appear to flow continuously from the floor to the ceiling. Besides your sides of cabinet near your hood also white...so more balanced.

hehe. cos most of my walls are like white with a few in some special color. so my idea is to make use carpentary n tiles to bring out the red n black as much as possible.

moreover i feel red is a very nice color.

Me also like black, as mine also black kitchen.

Too bad no budget, if not my toilet will also make it black :dancingqueen:

urs new hm ma. nxt time reno again den do black toilet lo =p

yeah. aircon installed today! more pics!!

aircon man arrives:

aircon_arrives.jpg

at the same time, done by electrician (mbr):

mbr_wiring.jpg

living room, so messy:

living_wiring.jpg

rectification for washer base needed!:

washer_base.jpg

rectification for fridge base needed!:

fridge_base.jpg

aircon installed in mbr:

aircon_room.jpg

aircon in other 2 rooms:

study.jpg

trunking from room in the walkway:

aircon_trunking.jpg

trunking from walkway:

aircon_trunk.jpg

oh.. n not forgetting my completed kitchen ceiling plastering:

kitchen-wiring.jpg

(looks so neat now, compared to the previous damaged ceiling)

more rectification work needed! my electrician broke my kitchen tile 8|

cracked.jpg

haha I keep seeing black! I really look forward to seeing all the tiles cleaned up then can see how glossy it is!

haha. u will be dissapointed. cos kitchen wall tiles = kitchen floor tiles = mbr bathroom floor tiles = common bathroom floor tiles. n dey are all not glossy. all matt surface with some shiny bits here n there.

mbr bathroom wall tiles oso not glossy flowery kind :(

only glossy tiles is de common bathroom wall tiles (black) n living room wall tiles (white).

haven had the time to visit my flat this few days. cos seriously after work, no light in de house, so no point going down.

this week meeting the carpenter to discuss carpentary stuffs. so since i din like the layout ID did for me for my WIW, i've decided to come up with my own.

de view when u walk in from the mbr:

vanity.jpg

the entrance side:

vanity_opp.jpg