Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mwerkz

My New Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
lol. the voodoo knife holder is a little big to be sitting under the dishrack due to height cos the dishrack is mounted slightly above the sink tap. Plus my hubby prefer compact knife holder.. So its not the problem of not having enough space on countertop

haha. ok. i guess i know wat ur hubby means :dancingqueen:

kitchen shd not have black and red as a general rule of thumb for FS.. if you believe.

erms.. but i guess i have to choose not to believe. 8|

anyway got alot of red n black kitchens out there too :notti:

but black and red is such a nice combo... :P

haha. ya lo. anyway nvm la. fengshui is a very personal thing. wat might not be good to someone could actually be beneficial to another one..

btw, i m getting solid wood n den doing the table on my own, but using ikea legs. n my hubby's father who is a carpenter says to make de table not warp, get metal strips n drill it underneath =p

btw, i m getting solid wood n den doing the table on my own, but using ikea legs. n my hubby's father who is a carpenter says to make de table not warp, get metal strips n drill it underneath =p

Wow. Tat's good. How big will your table be; now that you going to custom made it? =) Hee, where you getting the wood from? Your hubby's dad? I also thinking of that, but no resource to do it.

Good morning Ma'am. Reporting in after a long time :rofl:

lol. wun have pics till thurs when i will be visiting my hm. :dancingqueen:

Wow. Tat's good. How big will your table be; now that you going to custom made it? =) Hee, where you getting the wood from? Your hubby's dad? I also thinking of that, but no resource to do it.

i'll still be doing ikea concept table, but with solid wood. his dad says wood comes in size of 2.4X1.2m.

so basically cutting it into 1.6X1.2m & 0.8X1.2m pieces to do a L-shape table =p

de wood itself cost 40bucks. another 40bucks to do de laminate (approx). den get the metal to fit below de wood so it doesn't warp + legs from ikea. maybe it'll cost ard 200+ for de table?

lol. wun have pics till thurs when i will be visiting my hm. :dancingqueen:

i'll still be doing ikea concept table, but with solid wood. his dad says wood comes in size of 2.4X1.2m.

so basically cutting it into 1.6X1.2m & 0.8X1.2m pieces to do a L-shape table =p

de wood itself cost 40bucks. another 40bucks to do de laminate (approx). den get the metal to fit below de wood so it doesn't warp + legs from ikea. maybe it'll cost ard 200+ for de table?

hee... does he mind doing another table? can pay him some bucks for workmanship :P

hee... does he mind doing another table? can pay him some bucks for workmanship :P

lol. his dad dun wan do la. ask him buy materials for us. we got to figure out how to do ourselves :bangwall:

wah DIY a table ah? power le... still have to get the metal strips.. mm

hah. i oso dunno. anyway is he tok to his dad one. i dunno la. so let them settle.

lol. his dad dun wan do la. ask him buy materials for us. we got to figure out how to do ourselves :bangwall:

No problem. just asking only... I think I shall just settle with the Ikea one... hopefully can last at least 3yrs.. hee

No problem. just asking only... I think I shall just settle with the Ikea one... hopefully can last at least 3yrs.. hee

hehe. shuld be can la. if we end up lazy to do, we might end up buying from ikea oso :bangwall:

haha. no pics for now. cos too lazy to take pics. finally confirm de final carpentary work with my ID, with detailed drawings like which cabinet how many mm, de compartments, laminates to be used, etc.

discussed from 630pm till 9pm, den went down to change my mbr bathroom sink, cos realise de previous sink was too big for my vanity top :furious:

in de end choose a smaller sink, den haha. bargained for a free bin :dancingqueen:

yeah. more stuffs are being done at my place. can c colors n some lights installed in de home :dancingqueen:

but oso alot of rectification work to be done after acid wash.

first of all, mbr pelmet rectified to cater space for my curtains =)

P1030832.jpg

nxt, more rectification work to be done :furious:

tiles uneven:

P1030819.jpg

tiles stained??

P1030822.jpg

damaged tiles patched up with cement???

P1030824.jpg

so many ???? :bangwall:

think my ID will have a hard time trying to pacify me on saturday :(

alrite. all these aside, let's see the progress now from the living area.

living room from the kitchen:

P1030828.jpg

kitchen from the living:

P1030846.jpg

let's move on to c my newly installed common bathroom door:

P1030818.jpg

(abit ugly on the inside though, will check with ID on sat :( )

inside my common bathroom:

P1030825.jpg

let's move on n c de dining area from the entrance:

P1030830.jpg

dining from open concept study room:

P1030843.jpg

study room from dining area:

P1030839.jpg

(will be covered with glass panel n glass door :dancingqueen: )

finally my small mbr, after partitioning one area for wiw :bangwall:

P1030835.jpg

my much awaited mbr bathroom:

P1030834.jpg

(vanity n shower screen not installed yet)

lastly for the nite:

P1030831.jpg

(my future kids room or lolipop room)